September 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Re: September 2012

They are, Winter, but I remember vividly the day of my 15th birthday when my Dad would not let me wear the new dress I got from the Sears catalog to school because it was too short.  It was a couple of inches above the knee.  No daughter of mine....he said.  So my new dress that Mom and I had picked out had to be returned.  That was well over 40 years ago.  So to a certain extent, it's normal that parents might think their daughters' clothes are too revealing.  But it's way worse than it used to be. 

I suppose all of us oldies think so.  However, I will never forget teaching a gym class - basketball.  The best player was a girl, but when she bent over, you could see right down her shirt!  No wonder the boys couldn't do anything against her!  They were stupefied.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just got a cute email from Pumpkin's mother:

"He is really getting pretty brave, he's walking longer and longer distances and it's hilarious to watch how proud he is of himself, he sits down right after every time and gives himself a little round of applause lol. "

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Back from work. You ladies have been pretty busy posting this afternoon, and I couldn't take part. :(
    So little pumpkin started to walk? I can visualize that picture of him clapping. Proud little fellow. I am sure Mom and Dad must be proud too - early walker. Just wait until they have to chase him all over the house. They will be busy - LOL
    Re the childrens clothing these days. I don't think boys look much better than the girls. All those over sized t-shirts and oversized baggy pants hanging low on their bum, would make me ashamed of being their mother. Some of the boys can hardly walk in them. Be comfortable, but one can be comfortable and still look good.
    But I guess the cops loves those baggy pants. While in TX I read, that a cop easily caught two thieves, b/c they couldn't run in those pants. LOL
    Have a nice evening - Pingo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just a post to let you know ahead of time, I won't be on tomorrow.  Goodnight, all. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Knew an intern with his pants way down past his waist in 1996 at Raytheon.

Have a great day, tt!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Have a gread day tt. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

DH and I leave for Dallas on Sunday. I'm going for software training and he's going to well explore. Won't have much if any free time as I have to take the first flight out next Thursday as that is my DS' birthday. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Have a great trip, Winter!  Great dh can go with you and enjoy the city while you're in training.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

How does one know which words are not allowed.  My post was just questioned, I didn't know which word to take out, so I just omitted the whole thing'  Help....I agree with all regarding kids clothng....wow!!   ss

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, he has alot more vacation time then I do. In fact he's taking next Friday off as well, but I have to go back to work. I'm in training until 4, Mon-Wed and we leave at 6:20 a.m. on Thursday.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

SS, someone in parents posted that if you take out all slashes and dashes the phantom bad words donposh block your posts.  I haven't tried it myself yet...

Winter, that stinks you have to go right back to the grind on Friday; I was always so tired after those trips.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

My boss was hoping I could catch a Wednesday night flight so I could be in on Thursday. Lucky for me the Wednesday flight left at 5 p.m., and there is no way we'd make it. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In response to Winter2011Bridecomment:

My boss was hoping I could catch a Wednesday night flight so I could be in on Thursday. Lucky for me the Wednesday flight left at 5 p.m., and there is no way we'd make it. 

Ugh, I've had bosses like that.they don't seem to get that if you're thoroughly exhausted there's no point.  Good thing it's impossible this time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Winter, you could have left the training early, so you could have made that flight. Don't you think? Of course, I am only kidding. Some kind of boss you have. Nice that your DH is going with you. At least you can spend the evenings together. Never been to Dallas, but friends of ours recently transplanted there, and they like the city. Have a great trip.
    Made spareribs the other day with Sweet Baby Ray's in my slow cooker - and I always think of you, Hats, when I do them. Just yesterday I found, that MB have them already cooked (with SBR) just to heat up.
    Taking the day off. Have a lot of errands to run. Plus I overworked myself for the past 4 - 5 days, so I need to "recouperate".
    Great November, that you finally had time to post. Belated congratulations to you for your baby girl. I can't post from my office, so by the time I get on the next day, I forget some of the happenings on the chat.
    I wonder what happened to Obbie. Hope she will check in sometime. I enjoyed to hear from a Southern perspective.
    Better get in the swing of things, so I can finish what I have to do today. If I sit here at the computer, it won't happen. Have a good day all - Pingo

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I think I would have had to leave training at noon, and them I'm sure he wouldn't have been happy that I left early. I've been to San Antonio before and DH has been to Austin I believe. Weather looks to be HOT. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter,
    I have been struggling for the past hour to respond to your last post. I kept getting kicked out due to "s" words. There were none, so I finally gave up and send an e-mail to BDC asking them to fix this stat.
    Anyway, it is going to be HOT, but if it is dry heat, it won't bother you much. I was not bothered by 100 degrees in San Antonio.
    If you want to have a real nice dinner one evening, go to Flemings. There is a couple of them in Dallas. Wonderful steak house. - Pingo

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ok, it took it. Didn't change much.
    Just tried - for the sake of it - to post my original post. Still wouldn't take it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

When you Reply button a post you have to remove the possessive form of the poster name you are quoting.  Apparently, it recognizes the word, not just the symbol, becau I can't be more descriptive or it blocks me from posting this vague explanation.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If my above confused you, think about what makes a noun possessive in English and remove that from the first line  of any post you've quoted by using the Reply button.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Apostrophe

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

And the letter after r

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ladies, here is help for the nagging "s" word problem. Got an imediate response from BDC:

You know what the silly issue is? When you reply to a post, we copy the post into your new message, and we add a note at the top that say, “In response to Winter2011Bride comment:”  Thats where the troublesome (bad letter) is. Remove the apostrophe (bad letter) at the end of Winter2011Bride and it should work.

Now wondering if I can post this.

No I couldn't. So I am remowing all the all the aphostropes before the bad letter, and see if it goes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, thanks!
    We are talking the same language, I guess. I had to change BDC "apostrophe bad letter" e-mail in order to post it.
    So it is Winter2011Bride "apostrophe bad letter". LOL
    Oh, what a way to spend the morning. At least I am relaxing at the same time.
    Now on to some more productive work - Pingo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks for the rec on the restaurant. That's one of the things DH will look for during the day. I do get my meals paid for within reason so maybe we'll check it out. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Indeed, I was obviously having the same problem trying to explain the problem and how to fix it, hee hee hee!