September 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: September 2012

Hehehe! Let's see if it works.

In response to kargiver comment:

Indeed, I was obviously having the same problem trying to explain the problem and how to fix it, hee hee hee!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

It din't work at my first try. My post went puff!

Indeed, I was obviously having the same problem trying to explain the problem and how to fix it, hee hee hee!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In response to pingo comment:
    [QUOTE]

It din't work at my first try. My post went puff!

[/QUOTE]

Here I go...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Worked for me first time!  ???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Flemings is a chain all over the states.  I would avoid a chain a find a great local to the area place to eat, those are usually the best.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Already married, I agree with you, that it is fun to find a local place to eat, when traveling. But we are talking Texas here - where steaks and beef can't be more "local". You fall over local steak houses everywhere in TX. However, Fleming's is one I can highly recommend, if you want a nice, quiet dinner for two. The food is superior (had the best Prime Rib ever there) and the service is fantastic. They have a great bar too, if you just want to go for a drink. - Pingo

In response to allreadymarried comment:

Flemings is a chain all over the states.  I would avoid a chain a find a great local to the area place to eat, those are usually the best.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Best steaks I've ever had were from my business trip in 1997 to El Paso...omg.  It's the same as the difference between veggies that spent a month in a refrigerated truck and ones that you pick and eat an hour later.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I don't eat steak but do eat out quite a bit and travel as well.  We have eaten places such as Flemings, Ruth Cris in other states and have been very disappointed as they didn't live up to when we had visited the ones in Boston.  In some instances even though the food on the menu could indeed be local it was shipped in.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

My DH is a BIG staek guy so I'm sure he has been reaching where to eat. I'm heading out in a few, have a nice night everyone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Remember the Simpson's where you picked your steer at the restaurant?  LOL, it's practically like that.  I'm sure with youll eat well no matter where you go...we did, and all on the company's dime, the good thing about business travel.  Good night, Winter.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Back from running around. Got everything off my list. Yea! Little warm out, but not humid.
    I have never been to Simpson's, Kar. But you could do the same at Capital Grill some years back. Haven't been there in a while. Have to put it on my list.
    You are so right. The meat in Texas (and Kansas etc.) taste so much better from what they serve up here. I bet it comes straight from the slaughter houses. When our son's in-laws put a cow down, and we get a package - we feast. Maybe that is why we don't eat much red meat up here. I hardly ever cook it at home any more.
    And just for comparison. Try to eat a Maine lobster down there. Don't know, what they do to them during shipping. They are alive, when you pick them up, but they are tasteless. However their shrimps (Gulf Shrimps) are the best. Yum!
    Sorry, alllreadymarried that you had a disappointing experience at Fleming's. I have been to the Boston one as well as the one in San Antonio. Both were awesome.
    - Pingo

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Lol, I meant the cartoon show, The Simpsons. :)

Indeed, seafood is not the same anywhere - try it in Pennsylvania!  Yuck, and they who don't know better love it.  That's why Long John Silver's is not up this way, hahaha.

I got spoiled for beef for a long time after my trip to TX...sigh.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Haha - you got me there, Kar. No wonder, I have never been there. Never watched the Simpsons, even though the boys were adicted. The Simpson voices irritated me so, and I didn't understand the jokes. Have a good evening - Pingo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, I want you to know, that I just made another batch of the hot pepper relish. DH really goes for it. I could probably serve him cardboard, as long as he gets the pepper relish. LOL
    I found it is really good on a tomato sandwich instead of thinly sliced onions.
    Hope you had a great day - Pingo

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The jokes were all sarcasm, not your thing, hee hee hee.  My mom hated that show and doesn't think sarcasm is at all funny, either. :)

MmmmMmm, that sounds elegant.

Oh, the water is boiling and the laundry is beeping...ack!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

http://www.simpsonsinthestrand.co.uk/index.php

I thought you meant this famous London restaurant which is 170 years old.  Famous for its roast beef.  I think the menu is much more exciting now than it was when I last ate there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Gosh, I guess the word "episode" should have been part of my post!  I've never been to London...would like to sometime, and now I know where to eat, the most important part of traveling!

The count down is on to our next guests.  Got to pick lunch and dinner veggies.  And, since I had to can yesterdrep houseguest room needs to be put together and such.

Have a great day, everyone!

~kar

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

I'm enjoying a nice piece of your banana bread (with choc chips) with my coffee this morning, Winter.  So glad you posted that recipe.

Kargiver, you're getting ready for the next round of visitors, and I know you must be excited to have your aunt and uncle finally able to visit your home.  Have you planned special meals?

Pingo, I'm so glad I posted that relish recipe, when I think of all the years that slip of paper just sat folded in my recipe box - - good to know someone is getting pleasure from it now.

When I got in yesterday there was a call from my in town DIL telling me how much they had enjoyed the hermits, my GS's first remark being, "These are raisins (as opposed to cranraisins!) - I don't like raisins."  She said he promptly went on to eat a second, and that she, who has limited things she can eat, had had a piece of one herself.  Asked me for the recipe to share with her GF.  That's a compliment, when a DIL asks for your recipe.  The only actual credit I can take is finding it on AR and persevering with a what is a very loosey goosey dough.  Glad I found it tho, and next time will take one of the other reviewer's suggestion of chilling the dough before trying to form it into strips.  (I did type one of my great aunt's type of comments on the recipe to the girls - "I  had a handful or two of extra flour to the dough" !! LOL)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Correction since we can't correct typo's:  ("I add a handful or two of extra flour to the dough"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  tt, I'm glad you like the banana bread, now I want a piece. I'd also like some Hermits for the plane, please. So I won't be able to post next week from Mon-Thurs. I have my iPhone, but I can't post from it. Kar, have a lovely time with your visitors today.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

We'll miss you, Winter.  Have a wonderful trip.  I know you and your DH will squeeze in some sightseeing (if even just sight-eating) time!

How DS liking school?  All's good on that front here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I will miss you guys too. DS is enjoying the 6th grade. I ws dropping some old uniform pants off for the sale tonight and his teacher told me that she was very proud of him. He's sitting next to a new student and he has been getting him used to everything. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, that's one great thing about the parochial schools - at OLA, at least, the 7th grade boys buddy up with new students coming in to help them get acclimated.  Can't wait for GS to be in the 7th.  I think it's so great for them to teach the older boys to look out for the younger ones and also new students transferring over.  It's a big shocker if the kids transfer over to the town/city high school.  To my knowledge, no such program exists there.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning ladies,
    Beautiful morning out, even though it is overcast. Enjoyed our breakfast with the birds on our deck. Not too many mornings left like this. Also enjoyed the first mums I picked up yesterday (huge ones sell for $11 at Costco). Fall is definitely here.
    Winter, I may not get back on before you leave from work. Have a great trip to Texas. It is only 78 degrees in SA today and Dallas is further North. Hope you get the cooler temps next week.
    Have a great visit with your aunt and uncle, Kar. She will be pleased to know, you both finished your cleansing. What's on the menu, while they are here?
    Are you getting a visit from pumpkin today, tt?
    Banana bread? I just threw out some overripe bananas. I would have made a banana bread, but I already have one in the freezer. Have to remember to take it out. Fortunately, it freezes well.
    It was strange to see the school busses yesterday, while I was out. We have a little girl from our new neighbor next door being picked up at our corner. It has been a very long time since we had busses coming around the bend. I am wondering, what they will do come winter. The snow remover usually leaves a huge - and I mean really huge - pile of snow, where the bus stop is now. The neighbors have been complaining about it for years, as it barely leaves one traveling lane, and no one can see around the corner. At least now, we have the bus stop to back up our complaints.
    Getting ready to leave for the office. Have to stop for an oil change first. The light came on yesterday. Have a pleasant day - Pingo

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I am so glad to hear, that program still exists. When our boys were there, it was a big deal to them.

In response to toytrumpet comment:

Yeah, that's one great thing about the parochial schools - at OLA, at least, the 7th grade boys buddy up with new students coming in to help them get acclimated.  Can't wait for GS to be in the 7th.  I think it's so great for them to teach the older boys to look out for the younger ones and also new students transferring over.  It's a big shocker if the kids transfer over to the town/city high school.  To my knowledge, no such program exists there.

Sections
Shortcuts