September 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: September 2012

They were ecstatic with all our steps we take toward self sufficiency and health, thanks!  They enjoyed all the starch-free, fresh meals I prepared very much.  I'm definitely writing down the braised chicken breast recipe. She has canned before but not since she was young since she's had her chiropractic practice and didn't have time to eat and cook dinner before 8 or 9 at night for years.  The two of them and my dh are golfers, and we all went Saturday and played (I cheered) 18 holes.  Since they arrived Friday night, we golfed Saturday, and they left late this morning we didn't have time for any big projects, but we had a fantastic time.  I canned more tomato sauce the day before they arrived since I wouldn't have time to do it over the weekend. 

I'm definitely ready for a break!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sounds as tho she was definitely impressed, as she should be.  You can be sure she'll be starting a lot of sentences with, "My niece and her husband - - - - -".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks - that's a humbling thought since I start so many sentences, my aunt and uncle...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Exactly --- a mutual admiration society!  What could be nicer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

:)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hey, I can post! :)

Followed Dottie's instruction - and I am in. Hope it last.

Thank you for that Amber post. Kar. What a relief. And of course I should have thought, that you must already have tried to e-mail her. Thank you for protecting the rest of us. You must have been besides yourself, when you didn't hear back. Glad to hear she is back home again. Please let her know, we are all cheering for her.

It does say "Add your post" - let's see if it does. - Pingo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ok, I am back in business.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yay, glad you can get back in, Pingo!  Yes, when she didn't respond to email...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

She can read our posts but not log in and respond.  Anything she asks me to post I'll be glad to do so.  I got the idea that she might not be up to emailing much just yet, though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Sounds like you had a great visit, Kar. Very nice--love the "mutual admiration" TT noted.
    Quiet weekend here--my mother cooked an oven stuffer and gravy, and brought it over for dinner-all I did was potatoes and squash-- "easy peasy", as my GD says!
    I did post on the Amber thread--so glad you heard from her, and how nice you kept us all from worrying when you did not hear from her.
    Who ever was trying to look back--the old threads are still there- just go into CC, general chat, and on the right it says "see more general discussions". Click that, and they all come up.
    Started a new author--Joseph Finder.   I had read somewhere that he was a local author- I think  Amber and Winter had said they read him.
    I started" Paranoia". Starts out good and fast--going up shortly to read  for a while.
    Maybe a little ice cream first, though......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good Morning All,
    Glad to hear that Amber is doing okay.  Sounds like she has had a long road.  I was hoping when BDC updated the message boards we would be able to post from Androids & iPhones/iPads, but no such luck.

Had a nice weekend.  Nothing exciting, but sometimes that just what I love!  Starting to get my fall decorations out.  I do love the fall.

Kar, glad to hear you had a nice visit.  You must be pretty tired from entertaining so much recently.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

God morning,
    Glorious September morning, but cool. Oh, how I love this weather. Worked to 8 last night, and I should have brought a sweater; it was "freezing" out.
    I finally was able to post from the office yesterday - after Dottie's instructions - and was elated, when I finally could. But unfortunately it was a one time only. Tried a couple of times later, and it was no go. No posting box, no "new post". Argh! Well, it may be just as well; I am suppose to work there  - not chat. Even though it is a nice break, when my brain get tired of crunching numbers.
    Have a nice day everyone - Pingo

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Waiting for a post from Winter, and then I realized she's away.  Slow times on the boards again.

Up and dressed early, foolishly thinking someone would call/be here early to talk about stairs - silly me.  I remembered this same company I had called years ago, twice, when I needed a new bulkhead, and I never even heard back from them.  Not big enough jobs, I guess.  Anyway, since I'm up and rearing to go, will head out.  Still looking for another item to put with Lilly's birthday gift, not sure what I'm looking for.  She loves to get the water colors out when she's here, so maybe a paint set, extra brushes, and book to paint.

I'll check in later.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Well I guess I will be able to post today..Our moonflowers are just starting to bloom...feels funny not sharing the pictures but oh well...what is one to do?

Noit too much going on here...Zachary is thriving and Mom is hanging in too! I myself am looking to make a change in my life..not sure how it will come about but whatever it is...It won't be this anymore. As they say,"Stiuck a fork in me...I'm done"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

In response to icer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well I guess I will be able to post today..Our moonflowers are just starting to bloom...feels funny not sharing the pictures but oh well...what is one to do?

Noit too much going on here...Zachary is thriving and Mom is hanging in too! I myself am looking to make a change in my life..not sure how it will come about but whatever it is...It won't be this anymore. As they say,"Stiuck a fork in me...I'm done"                         Icer,  Hope your bowing to the health guy....I was there when you were delivering cakes, they looked awesome!!  Bet they tasted as good as they looked.  ss

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good to get back in and see your post, Icer.  Maybe it would be best to just take some time off from "doing anything", and let the chips fall where they may.  I'm sure you'll always be doing cakes on the side for special friends and family who ask.

I'll give you a little chuckle, sent an email to my GD telling her pumpkin is spending too much time with their dogs - Friday, before he knew what he was doing, he crawled over to a box on the floor, picked it up in his teeth, and shook it!!  We howled, shades of being "raised by wolves" !! LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Icer, the word NOT should have been in there before bowing....ss

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Thanks folks...looking over my post...perhaps I should employ a little spell check

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Terrible time getting into any threads to post.  Will try to get onto BDC thread to complain, but if not, please know, when I click to enter a thread, ads that are along side pop up, that's all.  This post has taken me 15 or 20 tries, using all sorts of entries.  Finally got in by being able to get to my profile and click on my last post.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT, sorry you are having trouble posting.

Boston.com's adds are notorious for messing up.  And remember that snowplow game?  The ad for that was the pits!  Just having it on the screen (not clicking on it or having it open up) would make it so no body could use the site.  And you could not even email them to tell them!  Their QC must be the worst in the world - or maybe they have none.

Anyhow, it was colder and cloudier today than expected but all of a sudden the sun is out again so I am going ahead with grilled steak and baked spuds for dinner.  Yum!

All of the activities we participate in are starting up again - school, jobs, volunteer work, rehearsals, jam sessions - it's fun but I am still sad to see the long days of freedom go. 

Glad you lucky grannies get to see your descendants once in a while.  I am missing having young relatives in my life, but it won't be too long I hope because this summer was the first wedding of one of my nieces/nephews.

I find the logging in process so onerous that I won't be posting as much but I will be reading and thinking of you all.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just used up the last packet of MYTFine pudding to do a couple of dishes of choc pudding.  So glad I found that again on the supermarket shelves.  One, maybe both dishes will be gobbled up with cream while they are still warm!

Boards seem to be working ok for me tonight.  Today was terrible.  I spent time catching up on my emails instead.

Did run out but found nothing for Lilly's b'day.  One of these days before the week-end, will have to hit ToysRUs.  I'll make myself zero in on something there.  Checked with her grandma to see if she had any suggestions, but she ummed and ahhed.  I'm on my own!  lol

Real Housewives of NYC is on tonight at 9:00, so prepping myself to stay awake for that.  With neck pain, until last night, have really not slept much at all.  Had a restless night, but at least got 6 hours in.  

This was one of those weeks when I knew I needed a haircut, but each morning it would look pretty good when I got out of the shower - OMG - do I need a haircut!  Squeeze that one day this week too.

Out to spiff up the kitchen and by then the pudding will be swalloable!  (I know there's no such word except in my vocabulary!)  Have an extra layer on already, it's that much cooler tonight.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thinking of you all, but so poooped can barely think straight as some have predicted for our having had company two weekends in a row.  Didn't even go to the chiropractor.

Managed to pressure can green beans (not safe by any other method due to its low acidity), and have 10 pints (half lb in each) to show for it.  And the vacuum exhaust has made the house smell pleasantly of cooked green beans.

Dh is attaching the door to the canning cabinet right now; they didn't have the hardware when he and dad were building it, and it was a holiday so the hardware store was closed.

Gotta sign off and curl up on the couch.  Hugs to everyone!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good evening,
    Just got home. Worked late; then went out for supper.
    tt, you and my work computer have the same problem. Getting that blank page. Yesterday, with instructions from Dottie I got in, but today after several tries, I gave up. I can't keep deleting my cache and browser history, every time I want to read the Forums. It keeps looping me around and sending me back to Lifestyle or Boston Globe front page. I used to be able to just click on my bookmark and all was well. So now I am taking a wait and see attitude. Hopefullythey will fix the problem soon. At least my home computer is working - so far, that is.
    Icer, I am so sorry to learn it has come to this. Don't let that inspector stop you for doing, what you love to do. I know this is easier said than done. I am hoping you somehow will find a solution. Hugs!
    Hats, the most annoying about the pop-up ads is that some of them you can't even close. But you can install an ad-ban, as the one I have on my computer here at home. No ads. Now I am just wondering, why we don't have it in our office. Will have to check with our son.
    Well it is time to join DH watching the men's tennis final. I will probably fall asleep on the couch. I am beat. - Pingo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning,

Brrrrr, Fall is in the air...the 37 degree air.

Im sure they are working feverishly on the log in problems asan assume that issue was one of the big ones that prompted taking over the forums from the outsource.  I hope, anyway.

The ad problem tt was talking about was that when you clicked on a link like a thread or forum topic, the ONLY thing on the page displayed next would be the photo of the ad link on the previous page.  It wasn't exactly a broken ad, but a broken link altogether.  I got it, too, the whole page would be blank and only contain a photo.

We got a new wood stove for the house and dh is going to move the we have into the garage so he can have heat for his winter projects.  Remember when he built Gracie's crate with his snow suit on?!  It was torture.  And, they are 600 lbs so he'll need help...hopefully soon.  Heck, we'll be needing wood brought into the garage for the house any time, now. Sigh...

You worked really late, Pingo...hopefully, you can rest this morning.

Despite the cold, it look gorgeous out.  Great walking weather for me and Gracie...especially her, lol.

The pressure cannedjeans look beautiful and all 10 pints sealed.  I took a video of them after they came out of the canner bubbling vigorously as the vacuum was being created.  Looks like they are boiling in the jars.

Maybe I'll can some pickles today, but we might have a friend of dh's overnight tonight so I have to get the guest room put together just in case.

Have a blessed day, everyone,
    kar

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Had to make a couple of attempts to login this morning, so will post a couple of lines now while I'm in -

Brrrr.  My house is so cold in the fall months.  Reminds me to call and make appt to have oil burner cleaned so I'm ready for that morning that will come all too soon when I just can't stand it, and push the thermostat up to take the chill off.

Slept a little later than usual, nice and snuggy warm with the extra blanket I got up in the middle of the night and put on, and opened the blinds this morning just in time to see Harry running across the street.  His usual feeding is 6:00, so I imagine by 20 to 8 he had waited all he was going to!  He'll be back mid morning, I'm sure, but I won't be here.

This morning feels like a beef stew day or lasagna, or some kind of an oven dish supper.  Probably by afternoon the temps will have warmed up, but Fall mornings are not one of my favorite times.

Pingo, seems as tho you've fallen back into those long  hours at the office again.  You're not getting any younger each birthday, you know.  You really should think about making it possible to lessen your work hours to give you more time that isn't so pressure packed.

Oatmeal is on the docket for my breakfast today, then shower and out.  Clothes are already pressed, and I resisted the temptation to  ready heavy sweats!  Hope to be able to get in later.  Take care.

Sections
Shortcuts