September 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: September 2013

And what will you be wearing on your first day of school, Hats?  (lol)  Can we see a pic?

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Nope, can't post pics, I've found.

Probably dark purple pants and a white polo. 

Must go change from my off white purse to a darker color....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Well, Spencer was running around too fast for me to get a good pic.   However, I do have one of him on the ride home . . needless to say, he was exhausted!

Hopefully this works!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Sorry, Princess, no photo....seems to work only for Kar - Kar do you post from Shutterfly?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good afternoon,
    Had a lovely morning celebrating the birthday boy. The usual. Blueberry muffins, candles, flowers, gifts. We even spent some time outside.
    Have just finished the last touches for the smorgas board, which we are having for a late lunch. Glad I did so many items in advance.
    I am not going to cook tonight. If anyone is hungry later tonight, we will go for pizza.
    Nice surprise trip, princess. Glad you could bring Spencer. How is Tillie? Have you heard from his new family lately?
    Sorry, you messed up the internet, Kar. What a bummer. Hopefully you will get it up and running soon. We missed you here. Thought you and DH were just busy harvesting and canning.
    Busy afternoon yesterday for you, tt. Did you miss the rain? We didn't - it was raining cats and dogs going home.
    Winter, DS must be so happy in his new sneakers at school today. He wanted them for so long, so now he will appreciate them more.
    My crew is hungry. Better set the table. Have a good day everyone.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, all I can see is a little square, and nothing happens when I click on it, Princess.  Might be just me tho, and perhaps others can see him.

Glad to get back in, not too comfortable out there.  First thing I did was pour a tall glass of milk - my last stop was a convenience store for a jug.  Second thing was to pour a saucer of milk for Cheerio - we've missed our milk.

Y&R today is solely the memorial to Catherine, it seems, and that's not for me.

Clouding up and I'm glad to be done and back home before any showers.  Neighbor (Harry's other mom) emailed that they'll be out and about doing errands, but will be dropping off some veggies from their garden - Love garden tomatoes.

Thinking of kids and their first day of school, and especially little Lilly with her first day in first grade.  Wonder if she went all day, or just half.  Never did think to ask.  I imagine by now she is running the class and explaining things to the teacher!

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Well the 7th grader got math homework! Pingo, he can't wear sneakers except on gym day (tomorrow) or or tag days (when they can weat reagular clothes, usually for a charity.) He asked if he could wear them tomorrow and I told him he could, he's very excited. tt, I bet Lily had a great day. I can post pictures from shutterfly, though I haven't posted any in a little while.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I don't know if I even have shutterfly, think there is something else, and I don't know how to use it anyway.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Ihavemyhats' comment:

Another TT breakfast today; tea and a scone!

It's still a little hot in the house but lovely outside. I am rushing to get all the laundry done so we have clothes and clean sheets and towels since I don't know if I'll get another laundry day until the middle of the month. 

Those yearly off to school pictures are the best, especially when they are young and smiling!  And a Tinkerbell backpack - how cute. 

In the old days it was a lunchbox for the little ones (red plaid, anyone?), then the green book bags (remember - rubberized canvas? drawstrings over the shoulder?) book straps to hold the piles of books together; then attache cases with handles, rigid and sewn with seams that cut into your hands when you had to carry them home on the T, filled with heavy books.  Over 50 years later, and I'm still in search of the perfect carrier for my books and papers!  I have piles of empty briefcases, canvas bags, etc in the basement which I rotate in and out; I do have a great laptop bag now.  Happy school days to all! (QUOTE)

Now in the old, old days of my youth, Hats, we didn't have backpacks, or book bags - as I was telling the 12 yr old yesterday when he was saying what the school really recommended was a backpack on wheels which would be better for their backs (!!!!)  I told him when I was in school, our arms were the backpack and it hadn't hurt me a bit.  From which he went into a 5 minute explanation of why wheelie backpacks are recommended now!

P.S.  He ended up with a regular backpack, his Nana wasn't buying into that expense, after $38 football gloves (because he had caught and deflected a pass in Friday's game), and sneakers at a pretty hefty price, and almost new cleats - where he started the same thing "I really don't need a pair, the ones I have at home are nice and snug" !!  His grandmother was nearing fury, but I told her that that should be a father/son shopping expedition anyway.  Let him see what it's like!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

DS had a wheelie back pack and he never wheeled it..lol. I asked why last year and he said he gets caught on the side walk and slows him down. He didn't really need another one, but he said the wheelie one wouldn't fit in the 7th grade lockers so I got him a regular back pack. Tell me about the sneakers, the pair my DS wanted were $83, I won't usually spend that much so that's his gift mostly. He needs to basketball sneakers, but I believe his father is getting him those for his birthday. He also needed new cleats this year.

- Darth Vadar

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I passed that info on to my DIL, make her feel even better about her decision to buy a regular backpack.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Hope this finds everyone well...didn't win at Foxwoods, but I do enjoy the day out.  Some woman won $47,500.00 on a Bonanza card....was happy for her, but listening to her scream all I could think of was, I'm glad she's not sitting near me!!  

Enjoyed reading all your posts about the shopping and school things....tt, I never had a backpack or book bag either....must say we didn't get the tons of homework the kids do today tho, so they probably need the backpack!!  Two of my gransons will be seniors in HS, my oldest GGS will be a freshman this year (he has gotten all A's each year since he started school), hope he does as well in high school...

My favorite book store will be closing this Saturday....think I have enuf books to keep me busy all winter tho.  My DD planted (as a surprize) some sun flowers.....one of my favorites, they just opened, so pretty.   Getting dark early, hope it doesn't mean rain....we got a lot over the weekend.  Till next time, take care and Keep Smiling .. ss

When life hands you lemons, Make lemonade!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

When I was in school, I didn't see many backpacks but we had regular shoulder bags.

- Darth Vadar

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

SS good to see you back posting and that your day out didn't do you any harm.  Wish you had won the big bucks!  Oh well.

I've been looking at all the sunflowers in bloom, wishing I had some....but I don't really have a sunny place - too many trees - except where my herbs and hydrangeas are and I'm not moving them. 

I have some daff bulbs on order and I am looking forward to them for next year.  Now, where to put them?  Anyone else thinking of new fall bulbs this year?  They are a pain to plant but such a joy in the spring!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll be heading out soon.Hope everyone has a nice night. I've thought about bulbs, but don't think it will happen this year.

- Darth Vadar

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I'm watching that Jeff Lewis show you mentioned. It's the one with Lou Costello's GGD. So far I like it, he's great. 

ETA: I really liked the show tt, but that homeowner lady was crazy. Thanks.

- Darth Vadar

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Winter, when I plant bulbs I just dig a big hole, place them in there, and throw the dirt back over them.  Then I cover with branches to keep the animals from digging them up (altho supposedly they don't like daffs but they do like tulips.)  It's not as much work as the 'proper' method of digging a hole for each bulb.  The tulips I planted last year were exquisite this year. And if you get the really good kind, they come up every year for a long time.  We still had good blooms after 20 years - I buy Dutch bulbs.  They know their tulips!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Winter, I watched Jeff Lewis last night too.  The GGD was awful.  Wasn't the art work of her husband great?  Most of the shows this season involve a couple where one of the partners is really in the extreme.  Can't imagine allowing myself to be portrayed on national TV if I were like that, but then, I suppose they don't see themselves that way.  I do like him tho, he's OCD himself, but has a funny side to him, and easy on the eyes.  Didn't think the remake of the rooms was that great.  He's tending to lean to greys a lot this season.  Think there is only one more show before this season ends, but reruns of BRAVO shows are usually on during Sat mornings. 

Woke up to pull up the comforter last night, and also to a little scuffle in the other room - oh dear, I know what that means, but Cheerio came into the room later - alone - and I see no signs of anything this morning.  Definitely time to make the appt. to have the oil burner cleaned, before I know it it will be the chilly morning that I am pushing the thermostat up just to take the chill off.

Fed the cats, now it's my turn.  Check in later.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I Liked the older boy's room with the guitar on the wall. Felt bad for him when he tried to pick the TV he wanted he just gave up. I thought the husband's artwork was great and I agree with everyone that the 3.5 year old needs to be in his own bed and room. I'll have to check out next week, that guy looks like a doozy of a guy. I have to call the oil burner people as well.

I took a picture of the sneakers, here they are. He's wearing them today to gym. They are much "brighter" in person. The photo doesn't do them justice.

- Darth Vadar

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    DH just left for the airport with the first two. UKS is leaving later this afternoon. It has been a wonderful weekend. We did so much in such a short time, and still we did nothing. Just hanging out. Not to forget eating and drinking - LOL. Yesterday we did the smorgas board. Lots of work for me, but also such a reward. Everyone enjoyed it. I don't do it often, so it is appreciated so much more, when I do it.

And it it was a most wonderful weekend in more than one way: WE ARE GOING TO BE GRANDPARENTS! Now what it that for an anniversary gift and b-day gift for UKS? Late January 2014, we will have a little GD. Can you hear my heart is singing? Thought it would never happen - 10 years in waiting. No fertility treatment. DIL doesn't believe in that. She is like whatever happen, happens for a reason. So far all tests have been normal. She is 40, so please pray for us, that she will have an uneventful pregnancy, and that we will have a lovely GD come January. She is feeling well. Hardly any morning sickness, and what was there, is all in the past.
    My head is spinning. I am still taking it all in. So please all you seasoned GP, please bear with me. It is such a fluttering feeling.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

WOW, CONGRATS, PINGO AND FAMILY!!!!!  Yes, we will pray she has a perfect pregnancy and baby.  She is 40, but it happened naturally so her body must think things are good to go.

Winter, I love the sneakers - he must have been so psyched to open those!!  They are very bright on my iPad. :)

Sorry, folks, I've been woefully behind and hope to catch up today.  So much going on, feeling kind of overwhelmed.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Congratulations, Pingo!  Wait, just wait until the first time you hold that baby and feel the sense of protection and love for her.  Unlike anything else.  Of course, thoughts and prayers for a healthy baby and a safe pregnancy and delivery.

Winter, I love those sneakers!  Tried to pick out something with color for our 12 yr. old, but he kept gravitating toward black - ended with Nike, I think they were, black with silver lightning bolts - as I remember.  Might ask his grandma this morning how he made out with them yesterday, comfort-wise, that is.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, CONGRATULATIONS!! So exciting news for your family. I'm a late January birthday. :) One of my best friends had her first child (girl) a month before her 41st birthday and her second 2 years later. Both kids are a healthy 4 and  almost 2.                                                          
    DS LOVES the color orange. He wanted the all orange sneakers, but he's not in the men's size yet, so these had to do.

- Darth Vadar

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

The sneakers are Nike Free 5.0, sadly they were not free...

- Darth Vadar

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Pingo, what a wonderful weekend you must have had.  All the best wishes to you and yours on the momentous news - you must be over the moon!  I see lots of trips to TX in your future!  And a girl, too!  Oh the shopping you can do - little girl clothes are so fun!  Get out your knitting needles - it's a perfect day to pick out some wool for a baby blanket!  Cool and crisp! 

I wish I could wear sneakers, seeing and hearing all these cool colors and combinations (DD's have lime and teal...)  It's so dreary to be condemned to SAS's black all the time.

Sections
Shortcuts