September 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Re: September 2013

Congratulations Pingo...a girl, wow, my first was a girl and she is still my favorite after 8 (both sexes).  You will have so much fun with her....your DIL is on the prayer list for a safe,healthy pregnancy and delivery...

Hats, the sunflowers are so pretty, my DD planted them in 3 different places before she saw an improvement.  She kept moving them from spot to spot, she was chasing the sun!!  I too love daffodils, had some King ones for awhile, but need to plant more this year.  And I wouldn't move my hydranga for anything....the one I have is small, get a bit bigger each yr, this is the 3rd one!!  They kept dying...take care and keep smiling all. ss

When life hands you lemons, Make lemonade!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, I cracked up at your "free" joke.  I'm sure they were far from it, BUT the joy on his face and what they represent are worth it. :)  I just bought Fall tall boots that, er, weren't free, either, but they make me smile every time I zip them up.  Wore them around the Spencer Fair last weekend, and while I'm sure no one noticed, I felt like a million bucks.  Shoes can do that, and I know your DS feels the same way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh, forgot to mention. She is a special thrill, as she is the first girl on both sides of the family. Boy, will she get spoiled. And you are right, Hats. My sewing machine will be HOT. So much frilly stuff you and make for a litlte girl. Boys are so boring in that department. And doll clothes too.
    Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, DS was the first grandson on both sides and my mom's only grandson.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, DS was very excited when he pulled the sneakers out the of box last night.

- Darth Vadar

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, we, too, only have one niece and many nephews born of all brothers (my step-brothers).  Enjoy!

I can imagine, Winter - I can almost feel the thrill he had when he saw them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Congratulations, Pingo!!  You will make a most wonderful grandma.  I'm thrilled for you and your family and will keep DIL and the LO in my thoughts.  A winter baby - start knitting little hats right now!! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Congratulations Pingo!  How exciting for you !! January will be here before you know it! Will keep them in my prayers.

Hats--I had a red plaid lunch box!  We must be about the same age-- I am 59. Everyone had the green over the shoulder book bags, and I do remember book straps--seems to me the boys used them, but not sure. I went to parochial school for 8 years.  I dont remember using anything in high school, but I must have .... something tells me we just carried piles of books- nothing securing them, which makes no sense. ......

Ok--at work--gotta run.....

Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Red plaid is the best....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I had a metal lunchbox, but not plaid.  However, I do remember the Thermos plaid you probably are referring to.  I was born in 1972.  Now that stuff is "vintage" and brings big bucks at Brimfield, lol.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll be heading out soon. Hope everyone has a nice evening.

- Darth Vadar

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Kar- my DS1 was born in 72!   Had a yummy dinner- whole wheat pasta mixed with leftover vegetables   from Sunday. Threw in a little Polcari's spicy oil--I love that oil...

Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You must be about my mom's age, tulips. She's a young 67. :)

We had spaghetti squash with tomato sauce, both from the garden, and lamb/chicken meatballs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Tulips I was born in 72 also.

- Darth Vadar

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

My GGKids' reactions to start of school:

17 yr. old said:  "boring"

12 yr old (sneaker boy) said "Ok"

and 7 yr old little Lilly:    "great, and I played on the big playground"

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morinng everyone. tt, I LOVE Lily's comments as to her first day, that says it all...the BIG playground.

My class started last night and oh my goodness alot of stuff due Saturday. I guess all assignemnts are dur Saturday night, which normally woudl be ok, but since we got it on Wednesday, that's not a lot of time. eeks.

- Darth Vadar

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

'72 was clearly a good year, lol.

Ah, the progression to apathy...not sure whether to laugh or cry!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thinking something is "boring" is part of being "cool" to a 17 year old.

Winter, do you find yourself thinking of your "homework" when you're in work?

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh I'm stressing ove the homework here...lol. Since I was in 40 minutes before start time. I answered and posted the discussion question, "What do you consider to be good design?". I can hand sketch some ideas for the logo that I need to do, though I'm not really a drawer. I have to have seven logos for the Chicago Botanic Garden, Saturday plus a layout lesson in the book. Not worried about the lesson layout, since I know how to use the software already.

- Darth Vadar

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Seven??  One person coming up with 7 different ideas for a logo?

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Such an empty house to wake up to. And the coffee (courtesy of UKS) wasn't ready :( Guess I am back to the old routine.
    Everyone are back safely. Spoke w/ TXS yesterday. They had an uneventful flight home; was picked up by their nephew. UKS send an e-mail, that he had landed, but due to the time difference, we haven't spoken with him yet.
    Yes, 72 was indeed a great year. After 5 long years I got pregnant w/ TXS.
    tt, I love your GC's comments. They are all so age related. Hope the 17 year old will have a better year, than he reflected on his first day. Maybe there is not enough girls in his class - LOL. Little Lilly's comment is just precious. That playground will be a lot smaller as the year passes.
    Good luck w/ your classes, Winter. I give you a lot of credit "starting late in life" - LOL. Hope you will have fun too. Right now I am sure your home work is overwhelming, since it was not on your agenda for such a long time. But as you go along, it will be a part of you, and hopefully it will be easier for you to deal with it. Wishing you all the best in your endeavor.
    Heading for my office shortly. Have a good day everyone.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

True, I forget "boring" can mean "I'm too cool to admit I'm glad to be back!"

ETA:  Pingo, what a great visit, and how quiet, indeed, the house must feel.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

True, I forget "boring" can mean "I'm too cool to admit I'm glad to be back!"

Exactly!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, that sounds pretty hard - I'd have trouble designing ONE let alone 7!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

How precious that little Miss Lilly!!

DS started high school yesterday, and reported his first day was "alright".  His mom sent us a photo before he headed out - no smile, not dressed up any more than any other summer day.  Typical teenage boy it sounds like.  Should introduce him to TT's and they could commiserate in thier boredom.