September 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: September 2013

Kar, thanks for your encouragement in regard to our maybe move to TX. We have been thinking about it for quite a while. DS and DIL both wants us to come. And now with a new GD, it is even more appealing. We do have, as tt was saying, a good deal of very good friends here. And of course we would miss them. But they have all offered us to stay with them, if we missed Boston and would like to visit. Our good friends in RI, have a place in FLA, and have told us, we could stay at their house in RI as long as we want, whenever they were away. Which of course is in the wintertime, but the cool weather and the winters here would probably be what we would miss the most. Like I said, it is not at all a done deal. We need to sell this house first. And that won't be easy considering the market.
    I am amazed. You ate 3 loaves of bread in such a short time? It must have been delicious. LOL
    Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thanks for your response to my post Kar. Off for the day. Have a nice weekend.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Closet is fixed, skim coat on ceiling, and I'm all set for the day.  He'll be back one more time to repaint the ceiling.  Present is wrapped, cookies trayed, but I'm still going to hang around here til 2:00 or so.

Had moved a plant in a wicker stand in here from the toyroom, it's next to the computer now, and just admiring it.  It gets trimmed back a lot as the ends dangle down around the legs.  This was a plant my boss' mother had given him, had been neglected on top of a file cabinet in a dark corner, and when he left he didn't take it.  When I retired I rescued it and brought it home and it's still flourishing.  It's only a lowly philodendron, but a gorgeous full plant.  Liking this afternoon sun, I can see.

Pingo, I'm sure you would have many places made available to you whenever you and DH would want a change of scenery.  I'm being selfish, just don't want to see you relocate where you might stop "chatting" with us.  Talked with SS last night and she said she feels Icer is still keeping up with our posts, just doesn't have the time to sit and respond - can understand that with taking care of her GS.  My next door neighbor is taking care of her year old GD for 3 months while the mother takes a refresher course, and she said she's worn out.  Once they start walking they're all over the place and hard to corral (note my use of Texas terms, Pingo! haha  I'll have to start using them now and then so we can still converse when and if the big move takes place !)

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

You know, tt, with the "big move" my computer will go with me. So you will never know, we left Boston.
    Truly, I will be with a very heavy heart, I will leave this beautiful area. I love it so here. Never, ever expected, I would even think of moving to TX. But we are getting older, and truthfully, it would be nice to have at least one of our sons near by. We would never stay with them. We both believe, that the next generation should have their own life, just like we had it.
    San Antonio is very lovely. And people are friendly. More so than the Bostonians. We already made friends there, that are upset if we don't get to visit them, when we visit our son. And life is much, much slower there. You have actually time to smell the coffee, before you gulp it down.LOL
    Hope you have a safe trip to and from Newton. I am positive, you will have a lot of traffic to deal with. Have fun at the birthday party.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Pingo, I think your move to TX sounds great - spent some time there myself and I agree about the friendly people, lower cost of living, etc.  And a granddaughter would seal the deal for me big time. 

It sounds to me as if the real crucial decisions would be your husband's - would he be happy to retire and sell/wind up what sounds like a well-established and active business?  Have you guys got a plan for that? How long would it take to make the plan and then put it into operation?  Would a buyer want him to consult for a while?  For how long?  What would that entail (travel, hours, etc.)  I know there are consultants who specialize in helping businesses make these kinds of plans.

Seems to me that that would be harder than selling your house.   Of course I only have a vague idea of where you live now but let me tell you, the RE market here in Metro-West is hot hot hot right now!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Back from my errands. Lucked out and caught the bus both ways right away. Laundry is on and I had tomato soup with a grilled cheese sandwich. YUM! Forgot how good the simple foods are. Can people see my posts?? Kar is the only one who responded today. I know there has been issues with BDC. Hoping that is the issue.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ambergirl, we, too had grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches for lunch. :)

Pingo, of course, you have a life and friends here.  However, I've moved a LOT, and soon the new place becomes home and no longer new.  You will either live your retirement living next door to friends and visiting family as your grandchild grows up or living near family and visiting friends.  Even DH will have to make a huge adjustment either way - retiring and leaving the business will be a huge adjustment whether you stay here or not.  The business will no longer be his "life" either way.

yes, we chowed the bread, but DH did eat most of it.  Toast for breakfast, sandwiches...he can't eat any other bread without it making him sick so it's a real treat for him.

off to make more...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Amber we are here...your posts always sound to me as if you live in a Boston neighborhood such as "rossie" where I spent some happy years...finger is better so I am posting again.

We worked hard this morning on a project.  DH is getting so excited about the prospect of the Red Sox going to the World Series that we are going to be doing another project after the game is over; can anyone guess what?  Scroll for the answer.

Yes, setting up his new wide screen TV.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I actually had grilled cheese with tomato soup. I haven't had tomato soup in forever and forgot how good it is!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Amber, Campbells makes a tomato and basil bisque now that is to die for.  Going to put it on shopping list.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Hats, you made me feel so much better. I think it is just a couple of people that have an issue. To them I say "put your big girl pants on and tell me"  Sometimes feels like junior high on here... I actually lived in Dorchester for 12 years, moved to Everett for another 15 years and now in Malden for the last 3. I grew up in Malden and now live in the hills around the corner from where I grew up. Life is funny. I did a full circle : )

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Oh! must, must put that on my list! I love tomato soup and I am also a V8 lover : )

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

And no, I don't freak out giving out information. Unless you know my name and address, I am not worried. Just anticipating future comments : )

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I did read tomato soup, but figured grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches was pretty close, lol.

dh is doing work on the gutters and someone isn't too happy about it...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Amber, we posted approximately the same time this morning, so I didn't see your post before I posted. Then later we were already on the next page.
    I think it is so thoughtful, the bartender toasted your brother. Is this the same bartender, you used to go to Friday evenings after work with your daughter? I remember you mentioning him fondly.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Oh my God.... how adorable is she??? Looking out for Daddy : ) ♥  and by the way my favorite grilled cheese sandwich in the whole world is grilled cheese with bacon and tomato : )

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Same place Pingo, but different bartender. But they are all so fun. Great place to go after work. I miss doing that with DD but she is a mom now and has to pick Joey up from day care.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just googled Atlantic Fish. Being in Boston for so many years, how come I missed it? DH probably knows bout it. Will put it on my list for the next time, we are going out to celebrate something. We love fish more than steak, and all the dishes look so yummy.
    Do you need reservations? I don't like to sit on those high chairs with my legs dangling, they usually have at the bar, so we (I) prefer a table.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, sometimes posts get temporarily missed due to simultaneous writing - the first to post of two being written at the same time wasn't there when the other person started writing.  Let's all take a deep breath!

Oh, yeah, bacon would have made it 7th heaven...my mouth is watering.

the bread is on it's second of 3 risings.  Got the oven a little warm so it has a nice place to do its thing.  None too warm today so need to make the yeast happy!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

No need for a deep breath Kar. No response to my post from yesterday. Just saying.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I like the bar Pingo as you can drink and eat too but yes, your legs are dangling : ) Highly recommend reservations if you want a table. If you love steak, Abe & Louie's are right next door. I take DD there every year for her birthday : )

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

You are right, Kar - let's take a deep breath.
    A friend just called, "I am bored, lets do dinner out tonight!". How can one say no to that? Especially w/ a broken DW. I welcomed it. I don't know, where we are going. We will meet at their home for a drink; then decide. It will probably be somewhere on the NS. Those Atlantic Fish dishes made my mouth watering for something nice, so this was perfect.
    Gracie looks adorable watching daddy. Too bad she can't climb the ladder, or she would have I am sure.
    As I now have to stay up after my bed time, I am going in for a short nap. It is terrible, it has come to that. But you 40 year old "youngsters", you will get there too some day.
    Enjoy your evening.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Why does everyone keep saying "deep breaths???" I was being honest about certain people not responding to my posts. Really???

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Not a fake person. Never have been. If I have an issue with you, I will tell you. Please feel free to do the same. Seriously irritated at everyone acting like I need to take a "deep breath" How about you acknowledge you have ignored me like a junior high mean girl?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Have fun tonight, Pingo!  Pick up some paper plates while you're out, lol.

Sections
Shortcuts