September 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Re: September 2013

http://christinasadventures.com/2013/06/diy-window-seat-cushion.html

Rama, see above.  If your window seat is a rectangular size, this is how I would do the project - no sewing!  I have recovered lots of chairs (rectangular, round, rhomboid seats)  with the staple gun method and it's so easy.  The best part is that if it gets too dirty or you change your decor, you just staple on another layer. I'd use at least 3" thick foam though. (I think you could glue two layers of foam together - just research the right glue...)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Rama, weird timing, what are the chances?!  Thanks for your advice - that's what I'll do.  Glad you were so happy with their service - I do like it there, too.  If you got yours sized down, do you mind letting me know how much it was?  Thanks, again.

I don't sew so I can't reciprocate, sorry!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to user_1797616's comment:

Amber, you have no idea who "user" is.

Why dont you tell her who "user" is then? Reveal yourself

You seem to know ambergirl, but she doesnt know you

That puts her at a disadvantage

Hard to believe "user_1797616" is your only account here

Nothing more annoying on a message board than arguing with the user of a sock puppet account

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1797616. Show user_1797616's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

Amber, you have no idea who "user" is.

Ache,

What should I reveal?  My name, address, telephone #, place of employment?

This is my only account.  You can believe that or not.

I  have no idea what a sock puppet is.  Is it like Wildo/Ache?

Why dont you tell her who "user" is then? Reveal yourself

You seem to know ambergirl, but she doesnt know you

That puts her at a disadvantage

Hard to believe "user_1797616" is your only account here

Nothing more annoying on a message board than arguing with the user of a sock puppet account

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

Hats that is the method I was thinking of doing. My MIL is a very good sewer and she even says that the staple gun method is easiest and looks as good. Thanks for the link, always good to read how another person went about it. 

Kar, I actually changed my e-ring slightly and had a new appraisal, along with resizing my plain wedding band so I can't give you exact pricing. But they are very reasonable especially if you bought the ring there. They keep all records and can look up your purchase history. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Ache,

You signed up for the acct nearly two years ago. Prior to today, you posted only nine messages with it (an average of one message every 2 1/2 months or so). But then today...BAM! Thirteen messages, all but the last one aimed at ambergirl

I think that's funny, dont you? You went from being a very reluctant poster to a very eager one. What prompted the transformation, I wonder? The smoldering rage of an impartial lurker? Was that it?

PS You may reveal your real name, address, telephone number et al if you want. That's up to you. I wouldnt recommend it though

I was thinking more like the screen name you normally post under. Reveal that, okay? Would you do that for me please?

Thank you

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1797616. Show user_1797616's posts

Ache,

You signed up for the acct nearly two years ago. Prior to today, you posted only nine messages with it (an average of one message every 2 1/2 months or so). But then today...BAM! Thirteen messages, all but the last one aimed at ambergirl

I think that's funny, dont you? You went from being a very reluctant poster to a very eager one. What prompted the transformation, I wonder? The smoldering rage of an impartial lurker? Was that it?

PS You may reveal your real name, address, telephone number et al if you want. That's up to you. I wouldnt recommend it though

I was thinking more like the screen name you normally post under. Reveal that, okay? Would you do that for me please?

Thank you

Ache,

The truth is I have been on bdc since 2005 but not as a member.  I read bdc in 

order to get the news, I check all the threads in order to keep informed.  i follow the

Rex Sox and Pats, politics, etc.  I don't usually contribute but read most everything.

I think if you go back to CC and read the thread you will see that Amber came in

looking for an argument.  TT was not here and I felt Amber was spoiling for a fight.

It bothered me  because I was here for the original argument a few months ago

and she was definitely in the wrong.  So I spoke up and one thing led to another

and another and that's why you see 13 posts.  You can defend Amber all yuou want.

It still does not make her right.   And I don't know why you post your BS about

the women here in Commoners.  Do you think you are funny or clever?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Nope. I dont consider myself funny or clever at all

I just dont appreciate schmucks like you

Still waiting for your screen name

You didnt sign up as "user_1797616"

Are you going to tell us or not?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Rama, thanks, again.  You've made my decision super easy!

The bread is amazing...had toast with some vanilla maple peach preserves for breakfast.  Only downer was that we're out of coffee...had Earl Grey tea instead.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Kar, that sounds amazing.  I had some donut holes that were left over from a couple of weeks ago; not worth the calories so the rest went out for the birds and squirrels. Must go make more tea and DH's tea.  Gave up coffee a couple of weeks ago; stomach feeling better so must reluctantly continue.  I loved it so...

Off on another trip today so won't be around.  Beautiful Day!  Have one for yourselves!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning Rama,
    I was in your situation once - looking for a bench pillow and had all the intentions to make one myself. But I came across some outdoor pillows in the Improvement Catalog, that was just similar to what I wanted. Before you start buying fabric and such, look into the Improvement Catalog and go to outdoor living then out door pillows. They have all kind of shapes, colors and patterns. After seeing those, I scratched making one myself. Got a very nice one (18 inches by 42) for about $25 on sale with free shipping. I decided it wasn't worth my time and effort. They are fabric pillows (not vinyl) and stain resistant. Spills just wipe off. They often have sales and usually free shipping during the holidays. Good luck!

In response to rama8677's comment:

Kar I literally just picked up my ring from being resized at Barmakian today. They did a great job! I think it's always best to go back there and be certain that the ring is in good hands. I'm sure most jeweler a are reputable but it just doesn't seem worth the risk. Barmakian threw in some free ring cleaning solution for me today, which was so nice. 

I was checking the forum tonight because I have a window seat/bench in the playroom that needs a cushion and I am thinking of making my own bc all of the custom ones are so expensive. I know you ladies are good at this type of project. I found a good set of instructions on how to do it but wondering about where to buy fabric and what type. Need something durable that won't show stains too much. Joann fabric? Any other recommendations metro lamb êtrelamb être

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hats, could you try sprouted grain with your condition?  It is processed by your body like vegetables, so it's a thought.

Pingo, that's the way I'd go, too - sunbrella makes really pretty cushions that are stain resistant and durable that can definitely be lovely inside.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good Sunday morning ladies,
    I used to make bread all the time when the boys were growing up. Both by hand and in my bread maker (that is now just collecting dust). Home made bread is so much better, but the problem is, you are apt to eat more of it b/c it is so good. Maybe I should give it a try again - but oh, those calories.
    Too bad you had to give up your coffee, Hats. I don't think I could, I am too addicted to my first cup in the morning. Rest of the day I wouldn't care, but I need that first cup to wake me up. How is he finger?
    Winter, how was the mini golf party? Or is it today?
    tt, are you safely home from Newton? How was Lilly's party? You missed the fireworks yesterday. The sparks flew. It was a good thing, you weren't near your computer. Someone was either high on something or had a real bad day. Unbelievable!
    Had a nice time w/ friends last night. After going to Beverly for drinks, everyone wanted pizza, so we drove back to Saugus for Prince Pizza. As we live near by, DH invited everyone home afterwards for coffee and after dinner drinks. I took the chocolate/zucchini bread out of the freezer (the one I didn't care for at the time) and served it w/ home made ginger ice cream.  Everyone raved about it, and I was quite surprised, it was actually very, very good.
    Ready to go for breakfast. After that to the office for a few hours.
    Enjoy the day!

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

In response to Ihavemyhats' comment:

TT has gone to a party today.

I do have some words to say about 'ignoring' in general.  There are a couple of people I have set to 'ignore all posts from.'  Sometimes they may have something to say that is good that I am missing, but, I find that it's better for my own peace of mind just to opt out.  And some things are posted that I don't have any expertise about or interest in.  So I don't say anything about those things except in a general way.  ("Sorry to hear about" without offering any advice or counsel.) 

Let's just let things be as they are and try to respond to what we are interested in and otherwise engage in what the 2 year olds do; parallel play!  And when we are feeling a bit more like 7 year olds, we can play together more interactively.

Hats, like that, parallel play!. altho I'm a people person, love to talk (one of my fav. hobbies) and  have lots of friends,  I truly enjoy being alone, so many things I like to do, I'm never bored by myself.  This is on the wall over my desk,"It is of pratical value to learn to like yourself.  Since you must spend so much time with yourself,you might as well get some satisfaction out of the relationship". ss

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, indeed, I'm relishing my maintenance calorie budget; it's 800 more per day than my loss budget.  Bread is a luxury, though, even so, for sure.  I make it mostly for DH since he can process the sprouted spelt so well, and he misses bread.  Ezekiel bread is good for him, too, but it is super expensive.

tt, eager for the party report - did you see them play your game?

Pingo, what a fab evening - so glad it wrapped up with the now excellent zucchini bread you almost tossed out! 

Ss, we sound similar in that I'm just as happy visiting as alone.  I need both, though. Not happy with too much successive visiting or too long alone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

The party was a "princess"  little kids' one.  Friends from school and pre-school, so cute at that age.  Lots of "helping" hands when it came time to open her presents!  Cookies were a hit, especially the black/blue sprinkled bats - with the boys.

Yesterday - -  Glad I wasn't here while that was going on.  No, I don't have Amber on "ignore".  Best to know what people are posting, I think.  I'm not surprised.  If past experience is any indication of future action - those 3 pages speak volumes.  I was glad to see User had jumped in.  I think he/she was right when he said, "someone needed to say something" - set the record straight.

Reminds me once again of what my oldest son said when I first started posting, "Remember, Ma, you never know who is really at the other end of a post.  Keep your anonymity.  Be careful."  And so, I will.

But, right now, Cheerio and I are going to have a little snack.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1797616. Show user_1797616's posts

And I don't appreciate being called a s-hmuck by you.   You know, you can always

tell about a person by the company they keep...classless. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1797616. Show user_1797616's posts

I notice the poster who wears the "big girl pants" deleted some of her nastier

messages during the night.  Could she be ashamed of herself?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm sure.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Hello all--

Very busy all last week, until today--yeah-nothing to do but coook and get some laundry done.

Pingo--a possible move to TX? I don't blame you--family is everything, and that will be exciting with the new grandbaby! I know you will stay in touch,

Cheers to your late brother, Amber-I know he was with you in spirit!  I hope you are back on-ignore the anonomous poster.

Kar--Yesterday I was up in Pepperell, and I wondered if I was anywhere near you. Home made bread?? OMG--that would be heaven--I would need it smeared with butter! I used to like to make bread- my mom and aunts always did.  I am making stuffing right now for some pork chops and butternut squash for dinner .

cool today-have on velour sweatsuit to lounge around in. 

TT- we may have passed eachother onn 128 yesterday--glad there was no rain for your drive. I don't like highway driving, avoid it as much as possible. Luckily, my gf drove .

Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Glad to see your post, tt. I was afraid you would go into hiding, even though you have nothing to hide for.
    So the party was a success. The little girls were princesses. What were the little boys? Princes or just happy little boys? Boys don't like to play dress up. Aren't you glad you brought those sugar cookies and not the cinnamon ones? How did your present come across? I think, it would be accepted w/ glee of a 7 year old.
    There was a lot of traffic on 128 yesterday, but I am glad you braved it and are back safely.

Re yesterday, I was pleased to see "user" jump in too. Someone, that doesn't post here regularly. I have a feeling "user" is the moderator. But why should he/she reveal that? What a silly request. We are all anonymous here - and that is a good thing.
    Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Two messages total were deleted. Only one was deleted overnight. I believe it was the one where she used the word "gay" in a pejorative way. She said that your refusal to identify yourself was "gay", meaning it was dumb and annoying. (She was right too). The mods probably removed it without prompting. All other messages remain in place

No idea how she feels about what happened yesterday

Do you feel ashamed of yourself for swooping in like you did and taunting her anonymously?

PS Still waiting for you to tell us who you really are...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks, Pingo.  No, it just took me a while this morning to decide what I wanted to say.  Brief and to the point was best, I think.  Initially I was sick to my stomach when I read post after post that got more and more agitated, but as I said, not surprised.  She put the nail in her coffin for me, with her "Don't be gay" remark.  Moderators deleted that.

But, today is another day and a beauty.  This would have been a good day for the outdoor party.  Yesterday it was really cool in the yard - no sun at all there.  I was drinking hot coffee, and glad to get in the warm car to drive home.  I guess one of the little boys whose house she goes to, had a smaller version of the game that they play all the time, so her Mom said it was a good choice.  Left her the gift receipt anyway, so they can decide whether or not to exchange it.  Oh, the boys had little king crowns - which at their age, they were happy to wear!

Traffic was heavy on 128, and as always, I was glad to come to my exit.

The chocolate zucchini bread with ginger ice cream, sounds delicious.  A different dessert that was a treat, I'm sure.  I tease you about Texas, but you know I can understand perfectly your wanting to make a move there.  We're talking a whole different ballgame between San Antonio and El Paso.

Made a batch of brownies this morning with yet another new brownie recipe.  Good, I ate 3!

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, a princess party - so cute and fun!  How were the cookies?  I'm still wishing I had one...if it weren't for DH's issues I'd have yummies around.

as for yesterday, I'm utterly flabbergasted, and forgive me if I should say more, but I just want to let it be...like you said, tt, less is more.

Ginger ice cream is my all time favorite.  Now, I have a strange hankering for that and zucchini bread. DH asked for apple crisp with our apples, though, so that's next.  Lunch was freshly picked cabbage and loose sauteed turkey. Between that, toast, and apple crisp, dinner is about done, too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Two messages total were deleted. Only one was deleted overnight. I believe it was the one where she used the word "gay" in a pejorative way. She said that your refusal to identify yourself was "gay", meaning it was dumb and annoying. (She was right too). The mods probably removed it without prompting. All other messages remain in place

No idea how she feels about what happened yesterday

Do you feel ashamed of yourself for swooping in like you did and taunting her anonymously?

PS Still waiting for you to tell us who you really are...

Oh, let's call a spade a spade, Ache.  Your little friend whose terminology you've taken it upon yourself to explain, followed up her gay comment with a post of "Hi GT", which she then deleted.  Many of her other posts have been "cleaned up" with deletions made.  Both of the "removed" entries were removed by moderators, the first telling User to mind his "F   ing" business.  Such a lady you decide to defend. 

Sections
Shortcuts