September 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: September 2013

I know. But it will be a great blessing. We don't have a gargage so the cars get all the elements in the winter.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I think it's great, Winter, enjoy!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Definitely, if I didn't have a garage I'd want all that stuff and whatever else they make!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

One feature I love that I never had are side mirror defrosters and windshield de-icer. :) Can't wait to test it out. :)

- Darth Vadar

There's no such thing as a "De-Icer"...just kidding

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

That's true Icer. :)

- Darth Vadar

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh, a car starter? That makes a lot more sense. I visualized something like a credit card to start the car, instead of a key. But I should have known better. That is with a D and not a T. I was offered one on my new car, but since it is garaged, I didn't feel I needed one, so why waste the gas. DS must be thrilled. That will probably be the car he is going to learn driving in. Did you think of that, Winter? Comes much sooner than you think.

Hats, I have been humming Charade all day too. It is still buzzing in my head. I enjoyed watching it yesterday. When I first saw it, it must have been at home, with subtitles. One miss out a lot that way, since not everything is translatable. I have come a long way since then. - LOL.

Kar, I love apples and would eat 6 everyday, if I had my own apple tree. MY most favorite apple is the Winesap. Very hard to get these days. The last time I came across it, I emptied most of the tray. We do eat a lot of fruit. Fruit for breakfast, as a morning and afternoon snack, and as dessert most nights after dinner.
    Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We have a garage, but there's no room for our cars!

ETA:  Pingo, Winesap is an elegant apple, but like you say, hard to find.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Too funny Kar. Pingo, my son has already told me that in 5 years, I can give him my car..lol.

- Darth Vadar

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

My favorite apple is the Green Apple, but I like Pink ladies too.

- Darth Vadar

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, very cute of DS to imagine those keys in his hot little hands already, lol.  At least he didn't say 3 years!

Honeycrisps are my all time favorite, but they are kind of hard to find, too.

Trying out Bob's Red Mill gluten free flour mix with banana bread, and I fear it won't be a good test; I discovered the unused oil as I was cleaning up.  It's rising nicely, and smells good...is there any hope?  It called for 1/3rd cup canola for one 9x5 loaf.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Well he did say that he could drive it in 3 years, but he wants it in 5...lol.

- Darth Vadar

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll be headed out in a minute. Have a nice night everyone. tt, hope you've had a lovely day.

- Darth Vadar

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

So cute Winter - have a good night.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Banana bread came out good despite the accidental lack of oil.  I hope DH likes it, too!

Just prepped ribeyes for grilling (stovetop) and will momentarily start prepping the beans and broccoli.

tt, hope you had a good day with your cousin.  Do tell!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hello, nice day.  We went to the Mall on Route 1 and I found a wooden puzzle for pumpkin, one of those with the doors that open and an animal is inside.  Got a gift card for my soon to be 13 yr. old in Newbury Comics, and picked up some of those cloths that the dust sticks to for the back room, and a couple of great sparkly sugar sprinkles for cookies.  We swung over to Kowloon's for lunch which we both enjoyed, and were going to head up to the CTS, but decided to come back here instead for some cards.  Boy, are we rusty!  Decided now that cold weather will be coming, will make it a point to get together more and get back in shape - card-wise that is!

Glad you have your car and are so thrilled with it, Winter.

Kargiver, I'm surprised that the bread made it without the oil.  Must have been the moisture from the bananas.  Sorry to hear DH isn't getting along with the spelt flour any longer.  Kudos to you for going on and trying yet another combination.

Being out poking today has me already thinking of going out tomorrow morning and doing a little more.  Have more to buy for pumpkin's presents anyway, and have 3 birthday cards to get, as well as a long overdue anniversary card (G.T.).

Heated up the leftover Chinese food for my supper and it was just enough.  Of course we munched while playing our 3 games of cards. 

Speaking of apples, my favorite are the Baldwin (hard to get) and then the Macouns.  But, I wouldn't turn down some of your Macs, Kargiver.  Love the crunch of a fresh apple.

Watching for my Harry and Fluff tonight.  Had left his half eaten plate out, but nothing touched it today.  In and washed now, ready for the next handout.

Have to give SS a call tonight.  Today was supposed to be her Bingo day, but there was a call on my answering machine when I got home.  Called as soon as I got in to be sure nothing was seriously wrong - sounds as tho she has that same stomach bug that is going around.  Calling her in an hour or see and see how she's doing.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What a fun day, tt!  Haven't been to Kowloons in years, but I recall it being delicious.  I've never heard of a Baldwin apple; will look for it, now.  I'm surprised the bread came out good, too; DH agrees and said it doesn't need it, even more shockingly.  I'll add it next time, though.

Just watched a movie with DH and I'm ready for bed...sooooo tired.

ETA: hoping SS doesn't have that awful bug

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Oh Kowloons...love it, but haven't been there in a while. What a nice day you and your cousin had yesterday tt. I need to get to CTS, I haven't been in a while. Of course my town is working on OUR street!. Nice new car and it has to drive down a street full of dirt, metal grates, etc. It's always the way!

- Darth Vadar

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

Good morning everyone. Oh Kowloons...love it, but haven't been there in a while. What a nice day you and your cousin had yesterday tt. I need to get to CTS, I haven't been in a while. Of course my town is working on OUR street!. Nice new car and it has to drive down a street full of dirt, metal grates, etc. It's always the way!

- Darth Vadar

True - but it's a Subaru so you know it can handle it!  I used to drive mine every day on dirt roads with potholes the size of small children and only once did I have a problem!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning,

Winter, I know, isn't that always the way.  Winter is coming fast, too, with all that heinous salt and sand...but, like hats says, that's why you have a Suburu!  :)

tt, any more leftovers?  I'm craving Chinese food now...maybe I'll get some for lunch; I'm PMSing and that brings out my inner salt monster, lol.

Pingo, how is the dishwasher?  All fixed?  I hope so by now...boy, do I despise doing dishes.

Just talked with one of my dearest friends, the one I go to Brimfield with, about a canning seminar she and I are going to lead for a few of her friends out East.  Any friend of hers is a friend of mine, and I can't wait!  We are going to use a church's kitchen with a few stoves and will make 3 recipes.  We drooled over potential recipe candidates together this morning.  Oct 19 is pretty late, but we're doing a cabbage chow chow, beet pickle, and carrot pickle so those will still be in season.  I figure we'll end up with 18 pints to divide...not sure how many ladies will be there, but guessing a handful plus the 2 of us.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

"So wonderfull, tt, that you keep up w/ your old pals. But then again, you are a nice person to know. Wish I knew you better. I would be on for playing Malice (or whatever you call it ??). Hope your friend w/ the bug will be all good by the time you meet for lunch.
    Did you ever go to the place in Wakefield, I have mentioned a few times? North Avenue Diner. DH and I just went there for lunch yesterday - they have a mean Rubin Sandwich.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt"

Can't hit reply and post, so have to copy and post.  Wish these glicks would get cleared up.

I can't take credit for keeping the 4 of us work gal pals in touch, Pingo.  One of the girls in Burlington is always the one to call/email us all and set up dates and places.  She has a phenomenal memory.  Is really interested in what each has said they will be doing in the coming months, and altho she does quite a bit of traveling herself, always remembers to ask how our trip to such and such was, or how so and so is coming along - a lot like you.  Marvels me that people can remember all that stuff.  It's not that I'm not interested, just don't retain all that info.  Guess my brain is crowded too much with what's going on in my little family's world.

Getting around now that I've had my second cup of coffee, and heading out for some poking.  Made a list, but now have thought of a couple more things, and can't find the first list!  Yesterday when my cousin and I got ready to leave here, I couldn't find my car key - I had put it on top of the car roof while I swept the car out, and had left it sitting there!  Do you wonder that I find my way home days?  LOL

I'll check in later.  Have a good one.

ETA:  Your post was there, Kargiver, when mine came up.  That's great that you're getting involved in a teaching class on canning.  What an opportunity.  Bet you'll make lots of new friends through that too.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

DH was 40 minutes looking for his keys last time he misplaced them, making him late to work, and do you know where he found them?  Yes, the roof of his car where they had been all night!!  You are not alone, tt. ;)

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to it - I enjoy teaching more than anything.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Winter, that is called Murphy's Law. But like Hats said, it is a Subaru, so it can take the stress. I am sure your commute in your new car now, may seem shorter.
    What a wonderful opportunity, Kar, to teach someone else the mystery of canning. I have to laugh though, it wasn't too long ago, you were a novice yourself. Must be the new stove, that gives you the confidence. Saw on the news yesterday, a black bear wandering around in downtown Athol. That must be near you, Kar.
    Sounds like you had a fun day yesterday, tt. It has been ages since we were at Kowloon last. Our youngest went to school with the owners son. Whenever we went there, they were always so generous with drinks, extra appetizers, desserts etc., so we stopped going there, not to keep taking advantage of the situation. Instead we started going to Weilus further down Rt. 1 (the old restaurant, be fore he built the castle), and we decided we liked that food better. It was spicier and not as sweet as Kawloon's.
    Cool morning. Need to do some errands. A fleece in in the order.  And I guess, I need to start putting socks on again. Don't you just hate all the bulky winter clothing?
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Indeed, yes, I just learned last year, but I've put up so many different things so many times...it really isn't that hard, lol.  The biggest thing was knowing why you do each step; the book I've recommended explains it all in such gross detail that anyone can be an expert in no time, really.  The fear of botulism is the only thing that makes it "hard," and once you know all the ins and outs of how to avoid it, you're golden.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Productive shopping morning.  Found same outfit in both sizes for pumpkin and his new bro.  Picked up a little toy for baby too.  Ran into Dollar Store and got bags and tissue and a couple more faux crystal trays for whatever I decide to bring to the party.  In good shape, just cards to get and one more toy to put with pumpkin's clothes and puzzle.  

Got home to an email from neighbor that Harry's owner had called to see if she had seen him.  They had not seen him for 2 days and nights.  Makes my blood boil.  Long and short of it is he showed up again shortly afterwards, and C.L. called them and kept him there until they came and picked him up in their car.  Will be interesting to see if he is out under my shrub, early mornings again.

My warm socks are on already, Pingo.  Love the feel of them, soft and warm.

OK, Y&R is over and I'm not going to waste the afternoon.  Going to grab one of those new cloths I bought yesterday and give the toyroom a swipe!

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I know, Kar. You have done enough trials and errors to have experience. you will probably make the impression on the students, that you have done this the past 10 years.
    I kept forgetting to tell you, that a son to a friend of ours also have a gluten problem. He was diagnosed long before it was "in". Gluten free products was not as available then, and if found - very expensive. So she made her own. Most of it is rice flour anyway, which she buys in an Indian store (lot cheaper there). I looked up "glutenfree flour substitutions" and found, there are several ways to do it. Most of them use rice flour, tapioca flour and cornstarch. Thought you would be interested.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Sections
Shortcuts