September 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: September 2013

Harry was there when I went back out into the kitchen.  He's not talking as much as usual, but does come up on the stairs for some petting.  Sniffed at his food, but went off into the flowers/grasses alongside the pond, on the prowl for something.  I've brought his food in to put out again if I see him.  Both cats had been at C.L.'s around 8:30 last night, Fluffa Nutta for her warm "cat milk" that she heats up for her.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Weird deams, tt!  Glad Cheerio came back in.  That's how I get Gracie to come in - shaking the treats!

We bagged the whole window idea and kept the air on.  So glad I called it at 8 so it had time to cool down.

rained again this morning, now sun is out.  I wonder if the humidity has broken...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Sitting here for the Mieleman to call. Said he would be here early morning.
    Much better out today. Went out to fill the bird feeder and water the plants, that suffered from the heat yesterday. Don't want to put on the sprinklers, as we are expecting rain later on today.
    Humid night - that's for sure. Left yesterday pulling all the shades and kept the A/C lower then we normally set it. Came home to a fairly cool house and last night was not too bad. Interesting thing is, that in TX no matter what the temp is outside, inside is alway cool - sometimes too cool. Make me believe, their A/Cs are much different than ours.
    What vivid dreams you had, tt. Wonder what they are trying to tell you. Lots of times I dream, but I hardly ever remember them. Good Cheerio came back. What would we have done, if she ran away? No cute Cheerio stories. Just wondering. With her being a house cat for such a long time, do you really think she would go further than your back yard? I think she would be more scared than you.
    No Mieleman yet. As I am stuck at home, I will proceed to make the banana bread, I have wanted to do.
    Have a good day all.

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Cheerio has ducked out before, once when I was held captive at the door by a "supposed" telephone guy doing a survey - as soon as she ducked out and I went out chasing her, began to be suspicious - no truck in sight, and he kept right on talking as tho he thought I was going to continue with the survey.  Cheerio ran right around the perimeter of the house to the back door where I got her in.  In retrospect, there probably was a 2nd guy going to the back door to get in while I was kept preoccupied at the front.  Anyway, that was quite a few years ago.  I like to think I've gotten smarter and wiser with years.

P.S.  Your mention of banana bread reminds me to take out the lemon loaf I have in the freezer.  That will be good a little later with a cup of tea.

P.P.S.  Fluffa Nutta is out there now.  Such a pretty cat.  She comes and lies in the sun on the back walk and talks away when I come to the door, but still darts back when I go out to put her dish of kibble down.  C.L. is trying to get her to the extent where she'll go in the house this winter.  She's able to pat her.  Me, I won't try, my love is Harry.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

In response to tulips1954's comment:

November-good luck with all the tests for puppy.

I used to love to make quilts--I did them on the machine, though, and then hand tied.  Have none left-unless in one of the eaves, where I never go.

Had a man come tonight for a new heating system..ugh. He told me I may  get up to $3500. rebate from gas company-he will check and call me tomorrow.Apparently it is an incentive to replace old working ones with new efficient ones. If it is dead, then no rebate. Will see how that turns out. Also need a water heater- I have had on demand hot water since we moved here in 83, so a tank makes me nervous. Gas does not do tankless anymore.  I only remember them growing up, with 7 people, we would run out of hot water sometimes. 

Ready for the HEAT tomorrow?  Boy--up and down. You willl only miss your pool tomorrow , one day, Winter, then you will be glad it is done. I believe the heat is only one day....

It is muggy now, starting already, unless it is just me!! 

Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love. 

Tulips, years ago we had a gizmo (?) on our furnace for hot water, we had gas at that time. Maybe the people who service your heater could fill you in...ss

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

What color is she?

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

OH my, tt. That must have been a scary experience. Both the survey and Cheerio escaping.
    I don't open doors unless I know the caller. Period! Maybe I rustle some feathers, but that's ok.
    When we first moved to this neighborhood in 1970, we left our doors unlocked. These days, I make sure they are all locked and that our alarm system is on. What have this world come to?
    I have a window in my laundry room, from where I can see, who is pushing the ring button. And I always run there first to take a look.
    It also saves me from all the school donations. I feel badly for all the kids trying to peddle their stuff. But after learning, how much of the donation really goes to the schools, I stopped buying in to this stuff. It is a money maker for the sponsors - not the schools.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

What color is she?

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

replied, but it disappeared -

Fluff is a small delicate multi grey angora.  Beautiful cat.  Short legs.  Not a kitten, just a small cat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Told G.T. my dreams last night and he emailed back:

"OMG  LOL, …. I was helping to move bodies into a large pyramid shaped crypt.  They were being delivered by UPS. And I noticed that the wallpaper inside was in need of repair.  As I looked at the perfectly preserved crated bodies, it was the cast of Falcon Crest!

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, you and GT scares me - LOL.

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

Told G.T. my dreams last night and he emailed back:

"OMG  LOL, …. I was helping to move bodies into a large pyramid shaped crypt.  They were being delivered by UPS. And I noticed that the wallpaper inside was in need of repair.  As I looked at the perfectly preserved crated bodies, it was the cast of Falcon Crest!"

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I know!  I told him, "Leave it to you to notice the wallpaper!"  LOL

Have to hop in the shower and get dressed.  Another steamy day and I've let the best part of the morning get away from me.  Another day of sitting in?  Shame on me.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Not to insult anyone's intelligence...but vivid dreams and nightmares are a side effect of many medications, including over the counter and herbal.  Alcohol can also have has this effect.
    A lot of people can't take Trazadone as a sleep med for this reason.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes, RockinRobin, I was hoping noone would find out, but now you've let the cat out of the bag - both G.T. and I are alcoholics, along with abusing over the counter drugs, and we each pop a Trazadone the last thing before we go to bed - who do you think you're kidding with "Not to insult anyone's intelligence" statement - that's exactly what you intend to do.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I thought the dreams post would give people a morning chuckle, G.T.'s did me - I keep forgetting or purposely putting it out of my mind, that we have lurkers here, ready to pounce on the most innocent chat.  I'm putting the rest of the morning to better use than to add more fodder.

ETA:  Hats, I've taken your suggestion, and put some posters on "ignore".  Gawd only knows what other family secrets will be spilled here!

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

There are many, many, medications that can cause this side effect (vivid dreams/nightmares), Inderal for example can cause depression.  Melatonin isn't always the benign supplement people think it is either.  Chantix is another one.

Nyquil is primarily Benadryl which can cause paradoxical effects in some people.

This thread is read by more than the 3 or 4 people that post here, someone may appreciate my input.

PS: A lot of high functioning people suffer from insomnia and try a variety of things to alleviate it.

Most people don't find anything to be amusing about vivid dreams/nightmares.

Avatar from "The Artwork of Catherine Darling Hostetter" 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Love it, love it, love it! Best chuckle I have had in a long time.You ar one funny lady, tt. Thanks for the chuckle. LOL

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

Yes, RockinRobin, I was hoping noone would find out, but now you've let the cat out of the bag - both G.T. and I are alcoholics, along with abusing over the counter drugs, and we each pop a Trazadone the last thing before we go to bed - who do you think you're kidding with "Not to insult anyone's intelligence" statement - that's exactly what you intend to do.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Mieleman just left. Repair to the tune of $600. May as well buy a new DW. The gasket underneith the pump is leaking and needs to be replaced. But to do that one need to replace the pump and one other gasket. They don't make DW any more as they used to.
    Very nice guy by the way. Told me, I don't have to buy a Miele. Other DWs - lots less expensive  - are just as quiet. He recommended Bosch. Half the price. Now have to see what DH has to say. I just can't imagine a 75 cents gasket can't be replaced. Guess I have to handwash my dishes for yet a while. I have the cleanest finger nails, I have had for a long time.
    Sometimes life sucks!

- Eleanor Roosevelt

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ugh, $600, sorry!  He is right, though, our dishwasher is so quiet we forget it's running until the water drains, and we can hear that in the pipes - sometimes it startles me, lol.  Bosch is an excellent brand.  We were choosing between that and what we got, a KitchenAid, which was cheaper.  Love, love, love it.  Very quiet, cleans well, easy to load.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I like how the controls are on the inside top, too, so you can't bump it and turn it on/off by accident, and it keeps the front cleaner.  I can't remember if the Bosch had the same interface.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

You know, Kar - I had Kitchen Aid DW for many years. Three homes. Loved it. Never had a problem with it, and whatever problem showed up, DH was able to fix it.  Still have all my other appliances Kitchen Aid. They are doing well so far.
    The only reason we switched to a Miele, when our KA DW broke down for good, was that at the time (12 years) it was the most quiet DW on the market. Maybe we will look into another KA. Which model do you have?
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Our model number is 8573025B, but it doesn't appear to be available, anymore.  It appears like the KUDE48FXSS may be the one that replaced it.  Seems to have the same look, features, and approximate price.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Yes, Bosch has the same.

I am not sure if on all models or not though. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT, I garontee, as that cajun guy used to say, you will be happier for your ignorance.

I had a dream this summer about one of the little boys I teach who was a bit of a crier.  I dreamed he was sick, but he was very brave about it. I woke up and thought, well, maybe it's a sign that he will be better this year, or maybe it's my subconscious telling me to treat him as if he were brave.    Today I had him in class, and he got a tiny little cut that showed a bit of blood. I mean the smallest possible pin hole but BDC won't let me say what I mean.

He came up to me about it, not crying, so I told him that I dreamed about his being brave this summer and I was glad my dream was a true one and he was brave.  He responded well.  Perhaps he and I will get along better this year because I began the year by praising him for his courage.

I think our dreams can help us if we listen to what they are really telling us.  Not all of them are helpful or meaningful, of course, but perhaps if we remember them, we are meant to consider them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That's so interesting, Hats.  I've always felt there's a message in dreams too, or that someone who has passed and appears in a dream is letting us know they are alright.  Here's hoping for a happier interaction between you and the little boy for this year.  Sounds as tho you're off to a good start.  Probably no one has ever told him before "You're very brave."

Getting changed to head down to C.L.'s in half an hour or so.  Late, for my tea break, but it's a good time for her.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

My grandmother passed in 2008, and my mom had a vivid dream about her mother about 6 months ago.  Mom described her as appearing to be in her mid 20s (my mom recognized her mother at that age from old photos).  I don't remember if she said anything, but my mom felt it was really her and how she saw her in her dream is how she appears in Heaven, now.

Sections
Shortcuts