September 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: September 2013

That's nice, Kargiver.  Like the dream I had of my nephew, so young and healthy.

Tulips, how did you make out with the estimate for the new heating system?

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, exactly, I remember!  I just heard a little boy describe his near-death experience in which a woman in her 20s came up to him and introduced herself as his sister and told him to tell mom and dad she was ok and she loves them.  Turns out the name he gave them (he was 3 at the time) was the name they had given their miscarried first child...they had never mentioned her to him...ever.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Wow.  If that doesn't make you believe, what will?

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

In response to pingo's comment:

Mieleman just left. Repair to the tune of $600. May as well buy a new DW. The gasket underneith the pump is leaking and needs to be replaced. But to do that one need to replace the pump and one other gasket. They don't make DW any more as they used to.
    Very nice guy by the way. Told me, I don't have to buy a Miele. Other DWs - lots less expensive  - are just as quiet. He recommended Bosch. Half the price. Now have to see what DH has to say. I just can't imagine a 75 cents gasket can't be replaced. Guess I have to handwash my dishes for yet a while. I have the cleanest finger nails, I have had for a long time.
    Sometimes life sucks!

Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

I had to get a new DW cause my pump stopped working, the fella who looked at it for me asked how old the machine was, I dunna know, it was here when we moved in, (12/92) and who knows how long before then.....he said they don't make pumps for older machines, I got mine at Sears, I love Kenmore items, they last (almost) forever. ss

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I like Kenmore too, ss. I have a Kenmore washer and dryer. My first washer and dryer were Kenmore. They moved with me when we moved the first time. Used them for 15 years in my new home. But when we moved here - they must have been 20 years old by then - we decided to leave them for our tenants and buy new ones for this house. No doubt in our minds, we wanted Kenmore again. Our tenants used them for 2 years. When they moved out and we sold the house, one of our nephews took them. That must have been 20 years ago. Last I asked about them, I don't remember how long ago, he was still using them. Yea for Sears.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, I looked up the DW you recommended. Unless DH wants another Miele, I will suggest that one. For us the no-noise is important, as we have an open kitchen/family room. The Kitchen Aid, that died was so noisy, that I had to do the dishes after we went to bed. If I went to bed earlier than DH, I would ask him to start it. Of course he would always forget, and I would get up to a load of dirty dishes. Oh, how I hated that. One of the chores I dislike the most is to unload the DW, so I do it first thing when I get up - while the coffee is brewing, and before I am awake enough to hate it - to get it out of the way. I am hoping we can go to a show room, where they actually have a DW working. Where was it you bought your new stove? They seemed awfully nice.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, that's what I thought - that is hard evidence imo, as well.

Pingo, we have an open concept cape with the wood stove/chimney in the center of the kitchen, living room, and dining room.  I don't know how this one will compare to the Meile you are used to, but we don't have to adjust the volume on the TV or feel annoyed by any noise while chatting.  To us, it is very unobtrusive.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Just took this "phantom dog" photo of where Gracie was sitting in the rain when it first started.  I think you'll be able to make out where her front legs and chest were on/blocking the first step down in front of her bum.  Enjoy :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Ummmm, I see what I think is the front of a DW - -

ETA:  Oh, now it's there.  Too funny.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

She was sitting facing the back yard with her front paws on the step below her so what's on the top is the shape of her bum and tail extending back toward the door.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ohhhh, BDC is doing the switcheroo, again.  Darn it.  Glad it switched back.  Pretty funny, huh?!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Extremely close, loud, thunder here with pouring rain - if I'm mia tomorrow you should assume we lost power.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

BDC is acting weird. I had to login again and it took  me 3 tries. Now I have some strange blue box I am writing in with small letters. Hoping this posts. But busy week and happy tomorrow is Friday! Adorable picture Kar : )  I hope it storms as I love them but want the humidity to go away. Going out after work tomorrow and busy Saturday. Today was my brothers Birthday. He would have been 60. He passed in 2000. Would have loved to have a party for him so me and my friends are planning one tomorrow night ♥ They are meeting me in town at Atlantic Fish. Will be fun and bittersweet.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I'm hearing thunder in the distance, and it's raining - hallelujah!  We need rain!

Amber - all of a sudden I have the blue box with small font size too.  I'm making it larger, we'll see how it appears when I post...BDC is up to its usual tricks.

Wow - your brother was young.  It's nice of you to make sure he is remembered.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

60 would have been a big one for your brother, ambergirl - I'm sure he'll be at his party, save a seat.  Great place - have fun reminiscing. :)

I sent the storms your way after we got enough rain; it had been super dry here, too. Yay!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Thought the rain last night was supposed to get us out of the muggies - not so here.  Still raining this morning, not heavy like last night, but enough to think about settling back with 2 cups of coffee.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Indeed, still ridiculously muggy - day 3 of using the A/C after thinking Fall was returning yesterday!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Goldfinches perching on the tops of dried thistles, and when I looked out this morning my ornamental grass had opened its plumes, on the way to being the color you see in the avatar.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Woke up starved this morning and chowed down.  Ate stuff I had gotten out for DH's lunch, made myself a piece of spelt toast with his, and just finished a bowl of Honey Nut Shredded Wheat (a secret from DH so he doesn't hurt himself) with honey.  Usually by now I've only had a cup of coffee!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Missed that, tt, when I posted last - so pretty!  I wonder about our grasses, now...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Third time having to login this morning, so it may be my last, if you get my drift -

I opted for a healthy breakfast this morning too, rice squares with some of the strawberried I had frozen, coffee, and a piece of lemon loaf.  Have to get a move on and get dressed so I'll move around and get something done.  Birthday gift still to be bought, but I really don't think I'm in the shopping mood to head for ToysRUs.  I may opt out of the party tomorrow, don't hear me say that very often, but I drove out to Newton a couple of weeks ago and really don't relish that 128 back and forth on a Saturday.

I'll check in later - IF I can get in without a re login, that is.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

tt, you will beat yourself up on Sunday if you don't go to the party on Saturday.  I saw Icer, she is well, been minding her grandson, can't believe he is now 16 mos old, boy does time fly.Rain stopped here, must get out and get some shopping done.  take care ss

When life hands you lemons, Make lemonade!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    What a pretty avatar you have, tt. We planted some grass seeds in a large pot on our deck. They are now coming into seeds, and the birds love them. But they don't look nearly as pretty as yours. I am really surprised to hear, you are skipping the birthday party, but I also agree w/ you that driving up and down on Rt. 128 on a Saturday is a real pain.
    Hats, how is your mouse finger doing? You haven't been posting much - still hurting?
    Kar, I made your "sausage" last night with the Spaghetti Squash. Only change I did was adding a teasp. of fennel seeds to the mixture. Most sausages you buy have fennel seeds. And at the end I thought it was a bit dry, so I added a can of diced tomatoes. Both additions were great. As for the squash, it came out really nice too. To DH's question, "What am I eating?", I just said, "Squash" - I got back, "Oh, nice!" - and that was that. All together it was really good.
    We were supposed to go to NH this weekend, but postponed it until October, when you have more of the foliage showing. I am so delighted. Finally I get an entire weekend to relax a bit and catch up. Since the beginning of the summer, we have been busy all weekends. Both days. I need at least one of the days (preferably Sunday) to wind down and prepare for the week to come. 
    Getting ready to go to the office. Have a nice day everyone.Chat later.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ooh, I'm so pleased you tried the spaghetti squash, again, and it was well received this time!  I think it might be the heartiest dinner with the fewest calories you can find.  Fennel would be an excellent addition.  Indeed, the meat can be dry - I don't get the super lean so it tends to be more moist.

tt, ambergirl, and others having that login issue, that must be SO aggrevating.  I have to reload the page fairly often because the ads end up in the post boxes, but that is not so bad.

tt, 128 is busy on a Saturday?  Thought it was just during rush hour it was so awful.  Regardless, you don't have to go to every single party - even as social as I am, too, I don't always feel like it.

ss, thanks for the update on Icer; so nice to hear she is well.  Can't believe her GS is 16 months already!

dh was taking today off but got a proposal in yesterday that requires his attention today.  :(

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm dressed, but don't have a foot out the door yet - 

Have the cookie recipe out on the table, but don't have the dough made yet -

Glad to hear you ran into Icer, SS.  Imagine with the baby and her business, there's not much time for reading and posting on CC.  She knows we'll always be glad to see her when there's a lull in her busy day.  Oh, and you, SS, stop being my conscience!  lol  I know, I'd be the first to complain if I weren't invited, and yes, Kargiver, 128 is always busy, rush hour on work days you would not catch me out there, but Sats are worse than Sundays with people heading for the Burlington Mall, or further to where I get off just before, the Cape.  Anyway, it's still up for grabs.  I know I'm definitely not going to the N.sh mall today, maybe look in stores around locally and see what I can find - MAYBE.  And yes, I'm still having to relog in.  I haven't deleted anything on my computer, so the fault is not mine, BDC.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

Sections
Shortcuts