September 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: September 2013

Not sure about out your way, but our eggplant production has been way down this year.  My walking friend said they need more sun/heat than we had to really flourish.  I thought we had a relatively hot summer...?  Oh, well, we just don't have many for whatever reason.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

As long as everything is all spit and polished, put up my Fall wreath on the door, my outdoor pumpkin flag, and all my Halloween decorations inside.  I hadn't bought anything new this year, but I could use a few more pieces for rooms other than the l.r. and kitchen.  Reminds me, I have a large bouquet of fall leaves to get from upstairs and put on the wicker table in the room off the kitchen.  They look so nice from the doorway.  Hung my Halloween towels on the oven door bar - little girl with pumpkin (hollow, you sit it on an empty bottle facing the opposite way so that you can't see she just has a bonnet, no face) is on the top of the toilet tank - could pick up some Halloween hand towels, and I know there's a door rug somewhere.

Will get busy and wash the kitchen and hall floors now, and then I'll be in pretty good shape.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I have blooming Azaleas in my office right now. Reminds me of Spring. Hard to believe Halloween is here already followed by all the holidays.
    tt, I have admired your new avatar w/ the grasses. Does it have a name? I could use some to fill in around my office beds. I like it b/c is looks fairly short. Just what I need in a few corners.
    DH and I had a very late lunch today, so no cooking for me tonight He will be home late after his tennis night. Will leave out some cut up fruit for him to munch on, when he gets home. I will turn in early with a book. Have a good night everyone.
    Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, you are my biggest inspiration to decorate the house.  I have some Fall stuff I need to take down from the attic.

Pingo, did you see the photo of our horseradish on the previous page?  No dinner?  I don't think I've gone to bed without dinner...ever, lol.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pingo, as far as I know it's just an ornamental grass.  G.T. bought several different kinds he just picked out at the landscape place.  We noticed this year too, that this little guy has thrown out some new baby plants that we'll be able to replant in the spring.  I like it because of its plumes.  They appear this time of year and stay all winter.

Glad I get you going with the change of holiday decorations, Kargiver.  Emailed G.T. what I had done and he emailed back that I'm working on Halloween, and  he's working on Christmas!  Hope  he doesn't forget that in between there is Thanksgiving, we're all planning on going out there! 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Christmas?!  Wow!!  I guess I should really start thinking about gifts at least...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, ladies 

Just having my cuppa(s) and a little breakfast of scrambled eggs and toast before spiffing up for my father's lunch visit. [edited deletion]

I need to go to the grocery store for Brie to put out with some ginger honey peach preserves and low-carb crackers (is that possible?) - he's diabetic.  If no suitable crackers I'll think of something, I hope.  That's for an appetizer.  Lunch will be roasted pork tenderloin, sautéed onions and mushrooms to smother, current/pinenut quinoa mix (commercial, not homemade), and green beans.

After 8 already?  Ack!

Chat later, have a great morning!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Did mention of the C word and shopping scare everyone away?  It's a beautiful day, and my second load of laundry is in.  I have lots of catch up to do today, but coffee with a friend is also on the menu, so that will be nice.  Have a good day, all!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I just crawled out of bed.  Got up briefly at 6:30, then went back to bed and caught a few more winks.  Cheerio's been fed and soon me, and then I'll see about getting out and about.

Enjoy your father's visit, Kargiver.  Lunch sounds good, except for the onions, but I could push them to the side - - -

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Does that mean your dad is not staying over? I would be so disappointed. Your lunch sounds lovely. Pork tenderloin is usually a hit. With the onions and the mushrooms, it will give a delicious gravy. Don't forget a spoonful or two of Red Currant Jelly, if you have it. I know, your dad is a diabetic, but it will not add that much sugar, only plenty of taste. Where do I get that awesome quinoa you are serving? You didn't mention dessert, but I am sure you have something awesome in mind.
    I did see your horse radish plants. Thanks! Went on the net, and many people grow them in large pots due to their invasiveness. I will try one this year on my deck. It can be planted fall or spring. Didn't know, one has to dig up the entire plant to get the root. Probably my mistake. The leftover small roots (the ones I used) will stay in the soil and make new plants. One can also use the young leaves in a salad. My mom used to cut large shreds w/ a veggie peeler and served it with roast-beef. Or shred it for a most delicious sauce to go with a brisket. The stuff you can buy in a jar, doesn't even come close to the fresh taste.
    tt, I will have to go and look for Ornamental Grass. Love the plumes yours have, besides it is low growing. Hopefully, I can find some with plumes on.
    We are not much of a Halloween celebrators. So, except for buying candy for the ticker-treaters, you won't know it is Halloween in our house. But I have fall decorations displaid all over the house.
    Have a lot of errands to run today. So I better get going. No plans for this weekend as of yet. But one never know. So I need to pick up some frozen apps, cheese and such, so I can be prepared. Enjoy the day everyone.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.Kar, lunch sounds good too, except for the quinoa. Nice that you got a little extra sleep tt. Sometimes that's just a nice thing to get. 

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[deleted]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I just put the pork in the oven.  I've also been chowing the warm Brie with peach preserves, honey, and toasted walnuts.  Pretty soon he'll have to bag visiting at all if he wants to make his evening plans.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Does he have a cell phone so you can check on him? I'd be a little worried at this point. 

- Darth Vadar

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Me too, Kar. Would be worried; he is a diabetic. At least you are enjoying the brie while waiting. Hope Gracie will bark soon.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

He does, but he got it all fouled up with the interface in the car and rendered it temporarily a brick.

I'm concerned, naturally, but this is not particularly out of the ordinary.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

All is well.  GPS says a 12:15 arrival.  Not sure what that means re his plans for later tonight...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Kar, I hope your dad has arrived safely and without incident.

We aren't big Halloween people either, and I have decided it best to forgo fall decorations this year - too tempting for little hands.  I have to get on the stick about choosing a costume for the little lady, though.  I just ordered the first of her christmas dresses yesterday, and a matching one for my newest little niece.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

DH is a BIG Halloween guy. We are talking the front lawn and porch decorated to the nines. The neighborhood loves it. He just got a jumping spider last week for this year's addition. 

- Darth Vadar

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I just got back in from Marshall's - hit a bonanza with things for the Christmas baskets I make up for family.  Did get a stuffed pumpkin to add to my collection too.  Ran into Dollar Store briefly just for Halloween cards for the kids.  As always, always one, I can't find for.

Another big salad coming today.  Have some cooked chicken I'll take out to make chic salad sandwich for supper.

Hope by now your father has arrived, Kargiver and that all is OK.  Is he driving alone?  Hope he has time to sit down and enjoy the wonderful meal you have in the works.  Maybe  he'll cancel his evening plans and spend longer with you.  Keep us posted.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT, I went to Marshall's too!  Bought some clothes in what I think of as the new style - skinny pants, flowy top  - and will try on for DH to see if he likes them.  I can't tell if they look better or worse than what I am wearing so I bought the same colors (black and white) to see if I am really seeing what I think see or if it's just desire to be up-to-date...

Novem, think you are wise not to tempt the little one ...we didn't have an XMAS tree for my DD's first year because I knew she would be pulling up by then and why risk it?  Certainly she didn't miss it - and we didn't miss the extra work.  And of course, there was one at my Mom's so the XMAS morning experience was the same...how I remember the matching dresses and envy you that experience...

Pingo, it's so nice of you to be prepared for drop ins.  Any more thoughts on the TX front?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Not sure who might be lurking, but I edited some posts just in case.  I was anxious.

BUT, since he was fine and was able to stay awhile I'm happy.  Everything for the meal turned out wonderful, we had a lovely time, and he can still make his plans tonight.  He appreciated it, really.  He is totally anti-cell while driving.

tt, you wouldn't have had to push over the onions; I skipped them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just ran up to S&S for a couple of bags of seed and a pkg of my favorite Irish breakfast tea. Was on my last legs this morning by the time I got to the Dollar Store, even tho I had a list of things to look for in there, including the candles you mentioned, but was trying to get at least one thing (cards) fully off my list.  Intent was to go across the street to Job Lots for seed after that.  Birds were sitting on top of the feeder, including a cardinal, just looking at the house - are they that smart that they know it comes from the house??  lol 

I did see a lot of women with their carriages full of clothes in Marshall's.  A lot of full racks marked "clearance".  I hardly ever find clothes that fit me in there, so headed for the checkout line which seemed pretty short.  I had a cute sign picked up and then put back, that explains that - "There's a skinny woman inside of me, but I can usually shut her up with some candy corn" !

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

Not sure who might be lurking, but I edited some posts just in case.  I was anxious.

BUT, since he was fine and was able to stay awhile I'm happy.  Everything for the meal turned out wonderful, we had a lovely time, and he can still make his plans tonight.  He appreciated it, really.  He is totally anti-cell while driving.

tt, you wouldn't have had to push over the onions; I skipped them.

And you never said a word to me?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Forgive me, I was in an anxious haze.  ;)

Sounds like you had a fun morning poking, tt.  

Sections
Shortcuts