September 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Re: September 2013

Hi - finger is much better but not 100% and I am babying it along because I have so much 'have to do' work this week that I can't afford to miss.  I am reading though.  Have a good day, all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Harry has been sighted!  Yea!  We figure his owner went away for the week-end, and unlike last time when she he got out before she left and so was out for 3 days, she must have kept him in.  He was up the back of C.L.'s backyard, but not hungry.  Hoping he comes down here at some point.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Welcome back Amber!!  Too bad about DD's ankle, but lucky for her and Joey you are close by.  DD was also 6 weeks when I had the worst of my back problems and my mom had to take her for me for a few weeks.  They definitely have a special bond.

Winter, when will you find out your grade, or get the teacher's feedback?  Was the student who made the comment to you the same one whose sketches you did not critique? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

So all morning I tried to post with no luck, I'm finally able too. I haven't heard any feedback from the professor as of yet. Until then I am going to finalize the bee, teapot and the tulips. A couple of fellow students told me the bee made them smile and that it would children into the garden (which was my intent.) Novemb, it was a different student. tt, glad you saw Harry. 

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

As I was going out the back door this morning Harry came sauntering up the walk.  I asked him repeatedly where he had been - but he was unusually quiet this morning, wouldn't tell me.  Did clean up the plate of food I left him with tho.

Anxious to see how you did on the logos, Winter.  That will be interesting to see their choices and the reasons behind them.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I don't believe we get a grade yet, we get feedback and have to chose 3 to go to the next round. Two of those need to be in color and black and white. I'm a bad pet mommy today, I left the house without feeding Yoda and DH had already left when I remembered. :( Yoda is going to be very MAD at me later.

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes.  Cheerio smelled the kibble I had run out of when I came back in with a bag this morning.  Wasn't thinking what I was doing, and gave her a big handful - she had already had breakfast before I left and should have only gotten a few pieces to nibble on.  Now, she's sitting by the container I keep it in, talking away, looking for more.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Don't let her bamboozle you TT!

Been working all am and finger starting to hurt so out to the grocery store I go!  Wearing a rusty red t-shirt because I am feeling all fall-like...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, did you see my post about its being safe to add cukes to fridge brine?  They are no more germy than the fork we stick in the jar or even the air itself.

Gracie tries to pull a Cheerio ALL THE TIME!  I know I've fallen victim and over fed her probably more times than I even suspect.

Hats, cuts are the worst, the throbbing!  Hope you're feeling better soon.  Did you need stitches?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes, Kargiver, I did see that and copied and forwarded your post to G.T.  In fact, just asked him if  he had had a chance to check Put Em Up out over the week-end, and he said not yet, he wasn't ready to start yet - don't know what he means by that - not this year?

Cheerio's bulging belly finally got the best of her and she couldn't keep her eyes open, smart little girl has climbed in under the comforter on bed in this room.  I can hear her snoring in there.  It really is a little chilly today, to me.  I have the back door open, but closed the windows I had opened.

I'm a baby when it comes to cuts, Hats.  Like Kargiver said, they throb and don't let you forget they're there.

I'm having a cup of tea and then will grab "The Good Husband" and read a chapter or two more.  My son had a couple of mobster books, one was "The Butcher", that  he wanted to pass along to me when I was over there yesterday - I said, "no thanks."

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

tt, Who is the author of the Good Husband??  New dishwasher installed, looks real nice, and oh my, you can hardly hear it while running!!  Went to the Sr.Ctr this morning and already the Board is talking about the Christmas Fair!!  Haven't been able to walk around any flea mkts this summer, the fairs at Christmas time are a smaller scale, hope I can make a few of those. Little chilly this morning....feels like fall is coming, hope it takes its time and hope winter takes even longer to get here.  Till next time, take care all, ss

When life hands you lemons, Make lemonade!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, I wish there were a way to send private messages here; I'd be so pleased if you could give G.T. my number.  I was as overwhelmed and nervous as anyone to start canning so understand his putting it off.  If I can do it from that book, though, he can, too!  Tell him to read the instructions, lay everything out as pictured, and just follow the steps.  He'll be a pro, confident and capable, in no time.  If he has questions, maybe you would like to start a canning thread for me to check and answer?

ss, yes, aren't the new dishwashers quiet?!  My ancient apartment one was so loud I had to turn the TV up while it was running in the next room.  This one can be washing and I forget it's on except for when it drains and the water noise startles me, lol.  Enjoy!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Gail Godwin is The Good Husband's author.  Sometimes she gets too descriptive for me, like a few minutes ago.  Of course I'm nearing the end of the book and so she is giving more and more insight into each of her characters.  This particular one was more than I could really concentrate on, so put it down again for now.

Glad  your dishwasher is hooked up and ready to go, SS.  I just emptied mine - don't know why, but that's the part I hate doing.  Already started filling it for the next wash.

Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

tt, I wish there were a way to send private messages here; I'd be so pleased if you could give G.T. my number.  I was as overwhelmed and nervous as anyone to start canning so understand his putting it off.  If I can do it from that book, though, he can, too!  Tell him to read the instructions, lay everything out as pictured, and just follow the steps.  He'll be a pro, confident and capable, in no time.  If he has questions, maybe you would like to start a canning thread for me to check and answer?

ss, yes, aren't the new dishwashers quiet?!  My ancient apartment one was so loud I had to turn the TV up while it was running in the next room.  This one can be washing and I forget it's on except for when it drains and the water noise startles me, lol.  Enjoy!

Send  your post to G.T.  He just sent this back:

That was nice.  I just haven’t got the time to devote to another project yet.  Tend to have too many going at once, but I’ll have you ask if I have questions.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Hi all, thanks for your concern.  Finger 's much better guess it just needed a break from the mouse: the button is serrated and it's very irritating.  I showered, dress, shopped and just finished lunch/dinner (going out tonight around 5:30 to a meeting so will just have decaf hot tea before bed.)

The warm weather is predicted to return tomorrow; Wednesday could be 90!  I was wishing Market Basket provided blankets at the deli counter, I was so cold while waiting for my number to be called....

I highly recommend Gail Godwin - have loved all of her books.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I just had my cup of tea, but forgot to put decaf on the list today, so plain Earl Grey for me this afternoon.  Made a couple of phone calls to friends under the weather.  No idea what's for my supper tonight.  Grabbed a small salad and a couple of slices of the chicken from yesterday for my lunch.  Thinking vegetable soup, but I don't think there's a can there - do have some vegetable bouillion so could make a pot with carrots, celery tomatoes - maybe I'll do that and toss a few pieces of small shell pasta in.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

G.T. went apple picking over the week-end - in their own yard.  One tree, full enough to fill a T.J.'s shopping bag.  They made apple crisp and some applesauce.  Reminds me, I still have a few, Early Cortlands, should make up a dish of applesauce with them.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

I just had my cup of tea, but forgot to put decaf on the list today, so plain Earl Grey for me this afternoon.  Made a couple of phone calls to friends under the weather.  No idea what's for my supper tonight.  Grabbed a small salad and a couple of slices of the chicken from yesterday for my lunch.  Thinking vegetable soup, but I don't think there's a can there - do have some vegetable bouillion so could make a pot with carrots, celery tomatoes - maybe I'll do that and toss a few pieces of small shell pasta in.

~ Mr. Rogers

You could add some tomato/spagetti sauce to it to; gives it more body.

tt

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

[/QUOTE]

Send  your post to G.T.  He just sent this back:

That was nice.  I just haven’t got the time to devote to another project yet.  Tend to have too many going at once, but I’ll have you ask if I have questions.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, tt!  Indeed, it IS a time consuming hobby, I understand for sure.  Will be ready to field any questions whenever he gets started if he has any.

I hope your sleep is no worse for your having had reg tea.  I love Earl Grey with just a splash of cream...yum.

ETA:  we are apple picking here, too!  I'm going to start making apple jelly pretty soon - my first jelly.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

This kind of weather his thoughts turn to quilts.  I have a couple he has made, and each new baby gets a crib one as well, with a back panel with name and all vital birth statistics.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ah, quilting, a real treasured art.  I rented a room in a quilter's home one semester of college, and it gave me a good appreciation for the work involved.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Where I would find it tedious, G.T. finds it relaxing.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm with you - she tried to get me into it while I lived there, and I told her thanks, but the stress would kill me, lol.  It looked like the most tedious "fun" I could imagine!  I think the same thing about weeding, and DH uses it instead of seeing a therapist.  Funny, isn't it, what relaxes or stresses a person out.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes, it is.  I never could get the corners to all match when I tried it, wanted to just scrunch it up in a ball and growl!

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Lol, I didn't even pick it up to try.  Good for you for proving it to yourself - I don't know, maybe I would have liked it...doubt it, though!  All I know is that after spending time in her home I never looked at a handmade quilt the same way, again.