September 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: September 2013

Good morning everyone. The pool is closed and it's going to be 90 tomorrow, that's always the way. But we won't get any of the neighbor's leaves in it. :) I finished my three logos last night (they are at home). I went with the bee, watering can, and the tulips. I can show them to you tomorrow if you'd like. We had to do B&W and 2-color of the three. I also did the lesson and answered this week's question. All I have to do is post replies to two student's question and designs. 

----------------------------------------------------------
    I find your lack of faith disturbing
     - Darth Vadar

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

It sounds as tho you're enjoying this new challenge, Winter.  Good for you.  That's what I said to a lady in line in front of me yesterday - she was a very vivacious, I'd say late 60's, slim, attractive lady.  Her cart and the conveyor belt were filled with individual fresh veggies, spaghetti squash (which she told me she used instead of regular spaghetti), turnip, the usual other veggies, and she evidently was a regular there, was talking with the cashier.  Was excited about starting piano lessons again this next week.  Said at a recital, her GD had played a beautiful song, and she decided then and there that she wanted to learn how to play that.  Had taken lessons as a child, but spoke to the piano teacher after the class and asked if she would teach her how to play that.  Has an upcoming family gathering in the Fall and wants to surprise everyone with that song.  -  I could almost read the same excitement in your post about the logos.  Yes, I'd love to see them.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

That's cool that she's taking lessons again. I played the violin from 4th-9th grade. Then I got to busy in high school and stopped. I've always wondered... I will post them tomorrow or later tonight. I was trying to wait if the teacher would give feedback to see which direction to go, but I decided to just bite the bullet and do it. 

- Darth Vadar

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

My computer is terrible this morning, so slow clicking and getting results.  Time to upgrade this Fall, I guess.  Going out in another hour, so have to get off and shower and dress.  I'll check in again this afternoon.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Have a good time poking around. 

- Darth Vadar

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Oh friends, I need your thoughts and prayers.  We think puppy had a seizure last night.  Never having seen one, I can't be sure, but what we did see was scary.  It came out of nowhere.  I called the animal ER and given it was just once they advised we see his regular vet today, so we are bringing him in for lab work this afternoon. I hope everything is OK.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, no, Nov - how scary!  Indeed you'll be in our thoughts and prayers.  Let us know.

Winter, best on those designs; I'm sure you'll do great, I really liked the bee and watering can the best.  

tt, neat about the woman in line.  60 is the new 40...which means, yay, I'm only 20. ;)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh Kar I like that your're 20, means I am too..lol. Novem, how scary hope puppy is ok. I'll be thinking of you all. 

- Darth Vadar

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Novem, hope by now you and the pup have seen the vet for a checkup.  One of my GD's dogs (a Chinese Hairless) had 2 seizures, and then never any again.  I'm hoping this is the case with your pup, just a single occurrence for no reason.

Rainy day, but it hasn't brought me much ambition as it usually does.  Could eat my way straight through the afternoon.  Rain seems to have let up here now, so I could run out  looking for Lilly's b'day gift.  No idea what I'm going to get, so it will be aimless browsing through ToysRUs.  Think that has to be a first thing in the morning trip when I'm at my freshest.

Do any of you get those bothersome recorded calls that you rush to the phone and then see it's either a number from Fla ("This is Karen, calling about your credit card - - last chance for a lower rate or rate incentive before they go up") or a cell number with a string of "12's underneath" - The FBI reports that every 6 minutes a home is broken into" - -  I'm so sick of these calls, and even more so of rushing to see the caller ID and finding it's one of these.

Yard is full of sparrows now, and a couple of flickers, taking care of ants/grubs that the rain has brought to the service.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Thanks for thinking of us.  Pup saw the vet and the seizure is as confirmed as it can be without the Dr witnessing it first hand.  Took lots of samples for a barrage of tests, looking for any medical explaination, with results due tomorrow.  I, too, so hope it is a one-time thing.  Apparently that is not uncommon.  All we do now is wait and see.  Supposed to record any future happenings (fingers crossed there are none) to see if a pattern develops. 

On the up side, he is acting totally normal and is no worse for the wear.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Testing - teting
    Do what your heart feels is right; you will be criticized anyway.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good afternoon - almost evening,
    BDC really played a trick w/ me for the past two days. When I opened the Forums and even the Globe, all I got was a blank page w/ some error messages, which were all numbers, I naturally couldn't decipher.
    Sometime today, I was able to read your posts, but couldn't post myself. I knew it was a BDC problem, b/c I had no problem w/ CNN or NYT. I was in constant e-mail exchange w/ BDC's support croup. They answered my promptly. And whatever bug, they had, they apparently fixed. At least for now. - LOL. Whatever was wrong, we will  never know.

Almost ready to go home. Have to stop at the PO before 5. Have a good evening everyone.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Wondered where you were, Pingo.  Glad it was just another BDC hitch and not that anything was wrong with you or your family.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ok, so I tried to send a post I had typed yesterday in regard to your pickled cukes, tt. I had copied it and pasted it. It disappeared. I amso fed up w/ BDC.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

November-good luck with all the tests for puppy.

I used to love to make quilts--I did them on the machine, though, and then hand tied.  Have none left-unless in one of the eaves, where I never go.

Had a man come tonight for a new heating system..ugh. He told me I may  get up to $3500. rebate from gas company-he will check and call me tomorrow.Apparently it is an incentive to replace old working ones with new efficient ones. If it is dead, then no rebate. Will see how that turns out. Also need a water heater- I have had on demand hot water since we moved here in 83, so a tank makes me nervous. Gas does not do tankless anymore.  I only remember them growing up, with 7 people, we would run out of hot water sometimes. 

Ready for the HEAT tomorrow?  Boy--up and down. You willl only miss your pool tomorrow , one day, Winter, then you will be glad it is done. I believe the heat is only one day....

It is muggy now, starting already, unless it is just me!! 

Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

No, it's not you, Tulips, I've been standing at the door calling the cats, and you can feel like a wall of heat.

Sorry you've got to go through the heating expense.  I did it a number of years ago, but changed from oil to gas and hated it because they installed the wrong size, perservered and finally got them to take it out and refund my money completely.  then I had a new oil burner installed by an oil company.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Nov, praying it was a one time thing.  They are a scare a minute, aren't they?  Gracie jumped off the rock wall (4' high) over the weekend and gave me a heart attack; she's only 7 weeks post surgery.

Pingo, what a frustrating time you've had - sorry to hear that.  I hope they are still working hard to fix these bugs.

tulips, hope you get that rebate!  

tt, any good poking finds this morning?  

Winter, indeed, always the way to close the pool right before a 90 degree day, lol.  Good about the leaves, though.

Made sprouted spelt bread today - came out pretty good.  Not as lofty as I'd hoped, but I forgot the salt so maybe it over-rose in the oven and fell.  Either way, it's got a great texture so I think it will be wonderful next time.  Decent enough this time.  Good thing; it made 3 loaves.

Also baked a spaghetti squash from the garden (like your supermarket "friend", tt, we eat it instead of pasta) and made tomato sauce with homemade chicken sausage to go on top.

DH is working late, though, so I had to put it all away to be reheated.  Oh, well, what can ya do.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

November, Amber did have small seizures when she was young. No explanation either and they went away, no seizures for years but came back shortly before she died. She was on phenobarbital when they got bad. Puppy is young, and not uncommon, so don't stress so much. As hard as I know that is : ( My  prayers going your way.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Usually computer is shut off by now, but emailing back and forth with C.L.  re the cats.  We hadn't seen either one today, but they were just at her house.  I've left my back light on so I will see them if they wander up here.

Homemade chicken sausage, Kargiver?  Did you make the casings and everything?

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Nothing that fancy, tt, just loose ground chicken with spices and herbs to make it sausagy. :)

DH will be home in a few minutes and just wants some of the toast I made - he's too tired to eat a real dinner, poor thing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

The chicken with spices sounds like something I might make next time the boys are down, Kargiver.  What spices did you use - remember I'm looking for a new "stand by" recipe.  Sounds like I could put the spices in the ground chicken and then freeze it for pull out use.

Hoping Winter does post the logos today.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Nov, hope the pup doesn't have another stroke, I'll be thinking of him. Here are my logos. I think I like the first one the best.

- Darth Vadar

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

hmm...they are a little stretched it looks like. I'll see if I can fix it a little.

ETA: Nope can't fix it. The first one is more square then it's showing.

- Darth Vadar

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Those look great, Winter, but the first is definitely my favorite for a logo.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

It's my favorite too. I had to pick three to go to the next round. I do love the smile on the bee though.

- Darth Vadar

Sections
Shortcuts