Soaps and Reality Shows

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Soaps and Reality Shows

So as not to bore to death those who don't watch/like the soaps and the reality shows, thought I would start another thread for those of us who do. (Hope I don't end up being the only poster!)

Did anyone watch Top Chef last night? OMG, the EELS!! I couldn't watch that part once I saw what they were going to be preparing. My father used to catch eels and bring them home alive, putting them in a bathtub of water! Oh, I can still see my mother frying those things and them squirming all over the skillet while they cooked! Yuck!

The 17th The Housewives of New York City comes back on. I really like that show. Now just waiting for Project Runway to make its appearance. Understand they switched channels and there is some problem with Heidi switching over - she's under contract or something.

The Mentalist is into repeats already! What a disappointment.

tt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Soaps and Reality Shows

I saw nothing here about the Yand R.....Poor Sharon...as always.

I am also interested in Guiding Light....Philip is back.

Sorry TT...I don't do the other programs.

I watch the soaps when life gets tough....somehow it makes me feel better to watch other dilemas...life has been real tough lately....I can't even post on the "Me" thread..."Me" is not my old ephervesant self

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Soaps and Reality Shows

The only soap I watch is Y&R. I've been out the past couple of days and will be tomorrow also, so haven't seen it. Did they find Brad - alive? Seeing as he saved Noah, Sharon's son, I would think if he's alive she would be so grateful that she would fall into his arms - once again!

Sorry to hear you're not yourself - is it the stinking economy? Or personal things going on? You'll be picking yourself back up soon. I don't think you're a person to stay down for long. When Real Housewives of NY City comes on, give that a watch/see. It's interesting to see their idea of friendship. That one will cheer you up.

tt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

Soaps and Reality Shows

The eels were pretty disgusting. I know I keep nails and hammers in my kitchen, but it has never occurred to me to nail something down to my cutting board to skin it. Then again, I've never prepared eels....
    I never got as much into the Housewives of New York or Atlanta as I did with the ones from Orange County, but I'm willing to give NY another chance.
    Project Runway is what I am really looking forward to, though. Even DH will watch it with me ;)
    Other than that, American Idol is really the only other reality show we watch and only if it is recorded because I can't stand all the commercials & volume changes and previews to previews to the actual clip and then their replay, so I do a lot of fast-forwarding.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Soaps and Reality Shows

Good morning tt,

Eels? YUMMY! Is it unfortunate, theiy have gotten such a bad reputation, because they are delicious. The meat is so soft and tender. I did not see the show - my mother used to make them and I know she did not need to use a nail and a hammer.
    Cut in pieces a couple of inches long, dreged in flour and fried in butter, the tradition was to hold them by hand and eat them like an apple. Then leave the bones on the rim of the plate so they made a circle all the way round. Oh, would I just love to have a plateful right now. - Pingo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Soaps and Reality Shows

Hi Everybody -

Yes, I watched the bit with the eels. I didn't actually watch - had to avert my eyes. They said they were dead but you couldn't tell! I thought the ever whiny and negative Leah should have been chopped. Wonder what they're saving her for? I like it when Eric Ripert is on the show. One time, my boss took me to his restaurant in NY and it was a fabulous meal. He certainly showed his classy side, ignoring the ridiculous comments from that idiot judge, Toby Young.

I must admit, I've been watching occasional episodes of Y&R which play at night on the SOAP channel. I haven't actually tivo'd any yet but I'm tempted. The last one I saw ended with the kid falling through the ice. What's going on with Mrs. Chancellor? Did I hear someone say she lives in a trailer now?

mothermitzi

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Soaps and Reality Shows

Hi icer -

You seem down in the dumps. Hope it is temporary, but we're here for you if you need to spill.

mothermitzi

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Soaps and Reality Shows

Hi Icer, mothermitzi, and Princess, you usually watch Y&R?

My outing today got cut short because my friend got a call about a family emergency. I got back home in time to see the last half hour of Y&R, and a lot has happened in the 2-3 days I haven't seen it. Brad is dead, and it looks as tho Sharon and ex, Nick, have probably slept together and now his wife, Phyllis knows. I'm assuming that's it. I know Sharon had written a letter to Nick telling him she still loved him and wondered if there was a chance they could get back together. Maybe that's as far as it went. That's far enough for Phyllis. She looked like she was ready to kill her today.

Mrs. C has been living in a trailor ever since she had an accident taking her lookalike friend, Marge, to an alcoholic rehab. Only one woman survived, with anmesia, and Marge's B.F. found her and took it for granted it was Marge, and took her back to his trailor and Marge's job as a waitress. Now bits and pieces of her memory are coming back and she realizes she is Mrs. C. Most don't believe her as yet.
    tt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Soaps and Reality Shows

Hi tt - you lost me there. I was actually going to give Y&R a try, so I could follow the chat - but with this much confusion going on I better not. I am not much of a TV watcher anyway. Hope you all enjoy your shows.
    My dear DIL likes/wants to have a TV on all day and night. She feels it is comforting. My son hates it. He did put his foot down --- no TV in the bedroom. Guess he is taking after his mom and dad. - Pingo

[Quote]

Hi Icer, mothermitzi, and Princess, you usually watch Y&R?

My outing today got cut short because my friend got a call about a family emergency. I got back home in time to see the last half hour of Y&R, and a lot has happened in the 2-3 days I haven't seen it. Brad is dead, and it looks as tho Sharon and ex, Nick, have probably slept together and now his wife, Phyllis knows. I'm assuming that's it. I know Sharon had written a letter to Nick telling him she still loved him and wondered if there was a chance they could get back together. Maybe that's as far as it went. That's far enough for Phyllis. She looked like she was ready to kill her today.

Mrs. C has been living in a trailor ever since she had an accident taking her lookalike friend, Marge, to an alcoholic rehab. Only one woman survived, with anmesia, and Marge's B.F. found her and took it for granted it was Marge, and took her back to his trailor and Marge's job as a waitress. Now bits and pieces of her memory are coming back and she realizes she is Mrs. C. Most don't believe her as yet.

tt

[/Quote]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Soaps and Reality Shows

Hi tt -

Thanks for the update. I just got another tivo box and am going to record some episodes. I like tivo because you don't have to watch the commercials. Mrs. Chancellor was always my favorite. She's been on that show for years. Remembering her character's lifestyle, I was surprised she'd be living in a trailer.

Twice in the past month, my power has gone off in the middle of the night. Thank goodness, my computer has been ok but I've lost two cable boxes. I called N Star and they couldn't tell me why. Told me it was late night work in my area - whatever!

mothermitzi

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Soaps and Reality Shows

Hi tt -

Yes, I watched the Academy Awards - most of it anyway. My favorite part is the red carpet. There were lovely gowns this year. It was easy to predict 'Slumdog Millionaire' would win many of the awards. There was so much hype. I haven't seen it yet. 'Benjamin Button' seems like an interesting movie, too. I loved seeing the previous Oscar winning actors and actresses come out to announce each category. Hugh Jackman is so handsome - what a dreamboat! I thought the show was lacking though. He wasn't that funny and the big dance number was cheesy - in my opinion anyway.

I'm rooting for Carla, too. I keep thinking Stefan will drown in his arrogance but remember Hung? There was nobody as arrogant and he walked away with it. I thought last week's food looked delicious. If I lived in New Orleans, they'd have to roll me around in a barrel!

mothermitzi

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Soaps and Reality Shows

Hello mother mitzy,
    I saw part of the Oscars too. I am not much of a movie enthusiast, but I watch it to look at the dresses. There were many beautiful dresses this year - but also some awful ones. Like Whoopi Goldberg's for example. But I thought the show itself was quite boring - so I went to bed. We did TiVo the rest, because we wanted to see the "Slumdog" winning. Mostly hoping for all the little kids coming on the stage.
    We did watch "Slumdog" at the theater. Everyone I was with thought it was a great movie, but I hated every minute of it. As one who has seen the slums in real life and know it is a part of real life, I was not pleased to have to sit and watch that for 1 and 1/2 hour on a large screen.
    "Benjamin Button" seems like an interesting movie. We will probebly wait until it comes on a DVD, so we can watch it at home.
    Hope you have a nice day - Pingo

[Quote]Hi tt -

Yes, I watched the Academy Awards - most of it anyway. My favorite part is the red carpet. There were lovely gowns this year. It was easy to predict 'Slumdog Millionaire' would win many of the awards. There was so much hype. I haven't seen it yet. 'Benjamin Button' seems like an interesting movie, too. I loved seeing the previous Oscar winning actors and actresses come out to announce each category. Hugh Jackman is so handsome - what a dreamboat! I thought the show was lacking though. He wasn't that funny and the big dance number was cheesy - in my opinion anyway.

I'm rooting for Carla, too. I keep thinking Stefan will drown in his arrogance but remember Hung? There was nobody as arrogant and he walked away with it. I thought last week's food looked delicious. If I lived in New Orleans, they'd have to roll me around in a barrel!

mothermitzi[/Quote]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Soaps and Reality Shows

Well! Who would have thought the person who won on Top Chef, would win?? I won't give it away in case some of you have it on tape to watch yet.

Last night's episode was full of surprises in the decisions the competing chefs took.

Now, I'm still waiting for announcements that Project Runway will start up again. I understand it will be on a different channel and that legal problems with that is the hold up.

Have seen an episode of Real Housewives of NYC, but am lost as to what night it actually is on - does anyone know day and whether it is 9:00 or 10:00? (Obviously, I don't buy TV Guide).

Y&R is, as usual, full of twists and turns. They have so many sub plots going on now, you never know which characters you are going to see when you tune in.

tt

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Soaps and Reality Shows

Good morning tt,

http://www.tvguide.com/listings/

Here you will be able to search for any show you would want. - Pingo

[Quote]Well! Who would have thought the person who won on Top Chef, would win?? I won't give it away in case some of you have it on tape to watch yet.

Last night's episode was full of surprises in the decisions the competing chefs took.

Now, I'm still waiting for announcements that Project Runway will start up again. I understand it will be on a different channel and that legal problems with that is the hold up.

Have seen an episode of Real Housewives of NYC, but am lost as to what night it actually is on - does anyone know day and whether it is 9:00 or 10:00? (Obviously, I don't buy TV Guide).

Y&R is, as usual, full of twists and turns. They have so many sub plots going on now, you never know which characters you are going to see when you tune in.

tt[/Quote]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Soaps and Reality Shows

Hello All...Hey TT...I think most computers have a tv guide option for your specific locations...hth

Y&R last week had a great show...the kind I really like.

Johnny was loving this story book,so all the charactors took turns reading one of the classic tales to him and of coarse acted them out...It was quite clever...Carly played two parts in Pinnocchio...I think there is a you tube site that replays these things.

You would have liked it TT

Anyway....I'm back at home....Working and strightening things out...
    I am happy to be here. Mom and Honey are really happy...I cook most nights now!

Well I guess I need to peruse the board..Toodles

Icer

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Soaps and Reality Shows

Icer, what's hth? I do have a TV guide option, but I find scrolling that really irritating. I'll try the site Pingo posted.
    Johnny and Carly aren't on the Y&R - I'm not familiar with that soap since 12:30-1:30 is the only one I watch.
    On another note, glad to hear you're settling your business in back at home. You gave the storefront way a try, anyway. Sometimes the way we originally are doing something turns out to be the best for all.
    Dropping my car off at the gas station today, my friend is doing the lunch driving today. Good chance to get it checked over, sounds awfully loud to me lately. Looking forward to a nice big salad and a glass of chardonnay. Both always taste better when eaten at a restaurant!
    Enjoy your day, all.
    tt

Thanks, Pingo. It's listed tonight at 9:00!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Soaps and Reality Shows

Oops TT...Johnny and Carly are on other show,,,Sorry.

hth...Hope this helps

This is part of the new text/message board lingo.The kids are teaching me the text thing...I just recently learned how to text. With the kids, it is a more polite way to initiate a phone call. They work when they work and one does not always know if its a good time to call...So I just text....Busy?...then I call if they can talk.

My son in particular uses text for his job....He calibrates medical equipment, so he can be in a hospital with patients in it and doesn't necessarily want to disturb the patience with a conversation about what he needs to correct a piece of equipment

ttys......talk to you soon

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Soaps and Reality Shows

Hello tt,

Glad you found your show. I believe hth means "hope this helps"---

I am a big salad eater. Actually anything cold and crunchy. I could eat an entire head of cauliflower w/ no problem. lol

Enjoy your lunch - Pingo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Soaps and Reality Shows

Hello Icer,
    So good to have your "back". I am sorry that your storefront didn't work out for you. I do remember how excited you were, when you started. But count your blessings - at least you could get out of your lease. Many people cannot do that.
    You say, that hubby and mom are happy that you are back home. Does that mean that your bathroom is done and mom moved in with you?
    I hope that your storefront experience has given you plenty of customers - Pingo

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Soaps and Reality Shows

OH the bathroom grrr.

No the bathroom is not finished.

I lived in this house for 10 years b4 I even met my Honey...It was a foreclosure that my grandfather and I had our eye on....I had all kinds of plumbers and whatnot because I am not handy...I am Icer.

When Honey moved in...I think his sense was that he knew all these people and that he could better handle things...I did the girly thing and backed out of it. His people all work(or not work) in tandem.

My electrician was married to the plumber...it was great and theywere reasonable.

I was ready to jump right at the electrician when he told me" Well, when we started the code was xx but now I have to re-do all these boxes because the code has changed".

I have a very real feeling its going to make me explode...I know Honey won't like it but I am fixin to call my married tradespeople

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Soaps and Reality Shows

Hi icer -

Sometimes, to keep your sanity, you have to take matters into your own hands! Good luck with all this. Think spring and morning glories!

mothermitzi

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Soaps and Reality Shows

[Quote]Well! Who would have thought the person who won on Top Chef, would win?? I won't give it away in case some of you have it on tape to watch yet.

tt[/Quote]

Hi tt -

I think you and I are the only Top Chef watchers here. I felt bad for Carla, but it was her own fault. Had she not listened to Casey she would have won. The two dishes that flopped were not her style of cooking. I was surprised they gave it to Hosea. Personality aside, Stefan was a better chef and won many more challenges along the way. Oh well, a rather dull ending in my opinion. I will check out the next season of Project Runway. Anybody watch the Amazing Race?

mothermitzi

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

Soaps and Reality Shows

I had to stay away until I watched the recorded episode.
    Although I liked Carla a lot, of the men, I liked Hosea better. I wish that Carla had stuck to her original plans. I believe it would have made the difference.
    No idea when Real Housewives is on in your region, but it has started out with a bang. Lots of tension between Simon and the other ladies.
    Eagerly awaiting Project Runway.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Soaps and Reality Shows

Posted here this morning and watched it go "poof". I'll wait and see if it bumps up, if not, I'll try to recreate my early morning jumbled thoughts on Top Chef and Real Housewives of NYC!

tt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Soaps and Reality Shows

[Quote]Posted here this morning and watched it go "poof". I'll wait and see if it bumps up, if not, I'll try to recreate my early morning jumbled thoughts on Top Chef and Real Housewives of NYC!

tt[/Quote]

Now that I know all of us who watch Top Chef have seen it, I'll say how surprised I was that Carla changed her menu so easily to Casey's suggestions, and more so, how Casey suggested dishes Carla had never made before, when it was supposed to be "the best of Carla's recipes". On an earlier episode Hosea mentioned that while Carla and Stefan both had their own restaurants, he still worked for someone else - the implication being how much better the $100,000 could be spent by him! I wonder if the judges take this into consideration when awarding the prize - helping someone start their own restaurant.

Got to see my 2nd episode of The Real Housewives of NYC last night. I'm amazed that these women allow the cameras to record converstions in their home and at the luncheons with each other. They sure talk differently to and about each other than me and my friends do, even differently than we did when we were their ages. It's interesting to me to see their idea of what true friendship is. Guess that's why I'm fascinated with it.

Don't watch the Amazing Race. Has that just started a new season?

Will try to post again -

tt