The Heat Is On

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

The Heat Is On

As difficult as the new format of the boards has been - I'm hoping a new topic will help.  It does appear that BDC is working on the issues and complaints - let's hope so. 

Hope everyone is staying cool.  I'll take this over snow anytime!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

The Heat Is On

Hi princess-cal ,

At this point, I have to wonder why it isn't working better. I don't like change, but I was willing to swing with it and give it a try. Since Friday, my posts have been lost in cyberspace and there are a couple of weirdos with a lot of time on their hands infiltrating the Chat board.  We'll see what today brings!

Yes, it is hot.  Friday night, I slept covered in my comforter.  By Saturday night, I was using a sheet.  Incredible swing in the weather. I find that by the second or third day I am used to it.  However, my house has central a/c and my office is nice and cool, so it's not much of a hardship for me. 

Are you done planting in your yard?

mothermitzi  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

The Heat Is On

I'm glad you are still out there.  I have had some problems viewing posts as well. 

I am lucky to be in A/C in my office as well, however, I do feel for my DH who is a builder and working outside. 

I finally completed all of my planting, and it does really make things look so pretty.  I would love to plant a vegetable garden someday, but at this point I just don't have the time to keep it up.  I will just add that to my "To Do" list for someday.
    Have a great day!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

The Heat Is On

Hi princess-cal and mothermitzi

So nice to hear from you and I agree about the new boards - it has been difficult but hopefully it will work out.

Seems as if we have gone directly from spring to summer.  Way too fast for me.  Jackets and now bathing suits in a couple of days. 

Hubby and I planted our contest tomatoes today.  His in the ground, mine in a bucket.  Last year his seemed to do much better but I thought one more year and see what happens.  I also planted petunias, pansies and marigolds in my window boxes.  I thought with all the rain they had died but seem to be coming back.

Good to see you both on the board

putt

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

The Heat Is On

Hi princess-cal ,

Welcome to day four of heat.  I seem to get used to it the longer it goes.  They say it will start getting cooler tomorrow.

A vegetable garden is a lot of work, but the harvest is worth it.  I  don't have a big yard, so I do container gardening on my deck. You'd be surprised what you can grow in a container.  Some vegetables do better than others.  When I retire, I plan to downsize - a small condo in the city and a summer place in Maine, with enough land to have a big vegetable garden.  Wish me luck!

mothermitzi

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

The Heat Is On

Hi putt -

Well, we're fading fast on this board.  tt and pingo are big losses. I  hope in time, things get better here and they come back.  However, I get the impression we're not that important to boston.com. 

Anyway, I remember your contest from last year.  Good luck!  I  have my usual containers planted with veggies and herbs.  The one new addition this year is a planter full of morning glories.  I placed a cone-shaped frame over the planter so the plants can climb.  I'm hoping for good results. 

Stay cool.

mothermitzi  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

The Heat Is On

Hi mothermitzi

Good to hear from you.  I got up early this morning and at 5:30 I decided to take a walk.  Such a peaceful time of day.  It is getting humid again but I am packing a lunch and taking it to my daughter at work.  She is near the water with a lovely view so I am looking forward to it.

I am sorry we are losing a few of our favorites on this board but I do think in time things will straighten out.  I was very active on the AARP boards but they also went through a huge change and it became more like MYSPACE.  Too much information and not enough anonymity.  That's why I like CC because you can share but keep a distance also.  Does that make sense?

Have a wonderful day.

putt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

The Heat Is On

Hi putt -

Yes, I agree.  I'm afraid that the personal profile pages boston.com are instituting will make it like myspace. I'm not against it; It's just not my style.  They are definitely targeting a younger audeience. I like the anonymity, too.  It has a certain allure to it. On the Chat board, you don't have to be as guarded. You can let it all out and not worry!

That's a good time to walk.  I'm not usually up that early.  I like to walk after work, although the last couple of days, it's been too hot.  Take care.

mothermitzi

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

The Heat Is On

I haven't been much of a poster since the format change, either.  I'm still not a big fan of this new format, and it takes wayyyyyy too long to load.

I'm almost near the end of my unemployment so i've been bumping up the job search lately.  I want to make sure I have something lined up before the unemployment runs out.  Seems like alot of people I've been talking too have been out of work as well, and their unemployment has totally run out, and no job or unemployment benefits extension, either.  

It is real difficult this time around, because the stores aren't hiring..hell, the temp agencies (which i'm not fond of to begin with) aren't calling.  i'm willing to consider temp work at this point!  
    One of my biggest obstacles is the fact I need an "orange line friendly position" where I took my car off the road last year (needed work..not willing to pay the gas prices, either.  I don't want my whole paycheck going into gas, either)

Isn't a big fan of the heat, either!  (bad for my asthma)     

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

The Heat Is On

Good luck with your job search Laryan - I know things are tough out there.  The gas prices are just crazy - I am in the process of downsizing my car.  It just seems crazy to be paying these prices. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

The Heat Is On

[Quote]Hi putt -

Well, we're fading fast on this board.  tt and pingo are big losses. I  hope in time, things get better here and they come back.  However, I get the impression we're not that important to boston.com. 

Anyway, I remember your contest from last year.  Good luck!  I  have my usual containers planted with veggies and herbs.  The one new addition this year is a planter full of morning glories.  I placed a cone-shaped frame over the planter so the plants can climb.  I'm hoping for good results. 

Stay cool.

Hello putt, mothermitzi, princess, tt - if you still  are reading this board - Leasyll, Cosmo, Kargiver - and all my other board friends .
    This new format is driving me crazy. I am not ignoring any of you, but I can't reply and post from my home computer. I have managed to get into the reply or 'add a comment' box, but when I clicked to submit - no go.
    Hopefully tings will get better. I have been e-mailing with a few people in there - and they promise, it will get better. Maybe for them.
    I have " talked" w/ tt on the WD board, just to keep in touch and see how she and her family is doing. but I miss you all and I especially miss my friendly e-mails from you, when I open my computer early morning enjoying my cup of coffee. There always used to be some nice messages from a couple of you.
    I am not packing it in here yet. But the only place I can get it to work is at work, and I am just too busy here to sit and chat.
    Hope you all are doing well - and please have patience with me. I will chek in every so often.
    Love to all - Pingo

mothermitzi  [/Quote]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

The Heat Is On

Hello putt, mothermitzi, princess, tt - if you still  are reading thisboard - Leasyll, Cosmo, Kargiver - and all my other board friends .
    This new format is driving me crazy. I am not ignoring any of you, butI can't reply and post from my home computer. I have managed to getinto the reply or 'add a comment' box, but when I clicked to submit -no go.
    Hopefully tings will get better. I have been e-mailing with a fewpeople in there - and they promise, it will get better. Maybe for them.
    I have " talked" w/ tt on the WD board, just to keep in touch and seehow she and her family is doing. but I miss you all and I especiallymiss my friendly e-mails from you, when I open my computer earlymorning enjoying my cup of coffee. There always used to be some nicemessages from a couple of you.
    I am not packing it in here yet. But the only place I can get it towork is at work, and I am just too busy here to sit and chat.
    Hope you all are doing well - and please have patience with me. I will check in every so often.
    Love to all - Pingo

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

The Heat Is On

[Quote][/Quote]

Hi pingo

So happy to hear from you.  I think they are trying to work out the kinks so hang in there a little longer, please.  I have no idea why you can only post from work.  Maybe every computer is different as I have heard mentioned before.  I know that doesnt help some of us but the BDC knows we are not happy campers.  I often think this may be their way to let go of the CC and move on to something different but I pray that is not true.

So good to see you back.

putt

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

The Heat Is On

[Quote]Good luck with your job search Laryan - I know things are tough out there.  The gas prices are just crazy - I am in the process of downsizing my car.  It just seems crazy to be paying these prices. [/Quote]

Gas prices are insane.  I'm getting alot of calls for positions that you need to have a car to get to.  For the money these positions are paying, my whole check would be going towards gas, and that is insane.  

my advise...*DON'T* leave a job unless you have another lined up!