The Shallow Idiots Society!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

The Shallow Idiots Society!

This is a most exclusive society. Not anyone can become a member. To become a member you must:

- Have your heart at the right place
    - Be able to share (no matter how mundane) happenings in your life with other   members
    - Be friendly, caring and willing to help others
    - Not use foul language
    - Not belittle other members

If you think you can adopt to these stringent rules, you are welcome to join "The Shallow Idiots Society". You will spend many happy hours doing so. But if you do not adhere to the society's rules, you will be out. No question asked and no second chance.
    Members, you know who you are. Any more "rules" to add? Rules from strangers don't count and will be deleted.
    - A humble member

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Re: The Shallow Idiots Society!

Pets are allowed.

At the annual banquet, every member in good standing gets a trophy.  Laughing

ETA:  fixed typo -- another rule - typos are accepted without judgment.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I feel as if I am a founding member....so I would like to remain forever a shallow idiot...however I feel the description was rather harsh

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just got back in and saw this newly formed society - how about if we add a couple of words to the title - "Shallow Idiots We Are Not Society"?  Perhaps we could put that up for vote at the first meeting - I'll bring the hermits and fish cat treats - someone else (with a teapot) provide the tea - sound good?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dunworkin. Show dunworkin's posts

Hi everyone

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll bring the teapot and the tea.  Now we need some flowers??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I'm in!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Great idea, tt. You have my vote. I will bring my banana ice cream. Hopefully Kar still have some berries left, she can bring. Who wants to bring some puppy treats?
    We can invite the forum moderators as well. They are in too. We already had our first unauthorized member kicked out (deleted), and it wasn't Ache. - Pingo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I can do the puppy treats.  I just bought a new bag of Pupperoni sticks for Amber and she would be more than happy to share.  And of course some treats for the kittys too. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I already said I'd bring the fish cat treats, Amber, but if you want you can certainly bring another cat treat.  Cheerio is quite excited to finally meet all the other board cats.  She's trying to slim down a pound or two before the meeting - first impressions, you know.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I didn't see that tt, but I would love to bring Cheerio something anyway.  How could I resist that grand cat??  And I think she looks gorgeous as is.  I will be talking to the boys and I promise they will behave. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Welcome to our society, dunworkin.
    We don't know you, but you seem to have the right spirit. Please bring your rifle to our first meeting. We might need it. Only as a scare, of course. We are a most friendly society. I am sure lots and lots of unwanted strangers will meet up to enroll. But this society it not for everyone dropping by.

In Response to Re: The Shallow Idiots Society!:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone
    Posted by dunworkin[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

No wonder I feel so at home here!  Smile

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

With all you have gone through today, you still have your humor intact. You are so cute my friend - Pingo

[QUOTE]No wonder I feel so at home here!  
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from walllykent. Show walllykent's posts

Hi everyone and kargiver!  I just wanted to say that on behalf of our resident troll and unhappy lifer (Boston-Boy), I formally apologize for his antics.  He is one sorry soul whose purpose in his life is to ruin it for others what he himself is lacking in his own.

You all rock!  :-)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]With all you have gone through today, you still have your humor intact. You are so cute my friend - Pingo In Response to Re: The Shallow Idiots Society! :
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

Thanks, it improved my day to read this one!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]Hi everyone and kargiver!  I just wanted to say that on behalf of our resident troll and unhappy lifer (Boston-Boy), I formally apologize for his antics.  He is one sorry soul whose purpose in his life is to ruin it for others what he himself is lacking in his own. You all rock!  :-)
    Posted by walllykent[/QUOTE]

Hi, Wally!  No worries - he's not your responsibility.  But, thanks for checking in and saying such kind things. :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsygreen. Show pumpsygreen's posts

Hi all! Shallow beastsgirl here. Count me in!bg

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

SS here, I'm in....I'll raid my yard and provide the flowers for the meeting, I can't wait to meet everyone.....another rule we should add...no grouches allowed...SS take care

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

SS, I knew we could count on you too. Thanks for bringing the flowers. Grouches? We have no grouches around here. Should they show up, they will be booted out. It already happened; courtesy of Dottie and her crew. - Pingo

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]Just got back in and saw this newly formed society - how about if we add a couple of words to the title - "Shallow Idiots We Are Not Society"?  Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

Keep the original name of your new organization in place. Do not change it. That is my suggestion

By adopting the demeaning label "shallow idiots" as your own, you strip it of its power to insult, degrade, or define you. So, embrace it, ladies!

Also the initials of "Shallow Idiots Society" form a nice acronym -- /> S.I.S, short for sister/sisterhood, a source of strength, unity, and love. In this way, it is very much like the ATPS (Adopt a Turkey for Pingo Society) which as you recall was all about love...

Good luck with your new organization, ladies

SIS-boom-ba!
    SIS-boom-ba!
    Shallow Idiots
    Rah rah rah!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Never thought to see what the initials formed.  Good suggestion, Ache.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I like how the original name shows the actual shallow idiot who decided to crash the party and call us that doesn't have any power in our lives to upset us whatsoever.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsygreen. Show pumpsygreen's posts

Hi everyone, Stitches here. I'm in stitches!!! Badumbum? J.D.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I just knew we needed input from Thursby...Its about time!!! what took you so long?