The when and the where of an epic moment...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

The when and the where of an epic moment...

You all know that toytrumpet and pingo are practically neighbors, right? They dont live next door, but they reside in the same general area: suburbs, just outside Boston. You should also know that they shop at many of the same stores as well, and often on the same day. Last Tuesday, for instance, they both went food shopping at the local S&S. (FYI: trumpet earned 60 Gas Rewards points that day. Pingo, 30...)

While they have never knowingly crossed path with one another, it seems inevitable that fate will intervene at some point and bring these two titans of the Confidential Chat forum together in what promises to be a truly epic moment...not only for them, but for all of you who are longtime fans and admirers of these two fab females

My question for you today then is this: "Where and When"? Where will tt and pingo meet at long last? And when will the momentous encounter take place?

Listed below are some of the department stores, retail outlets, eateries, supermarkets et al that t & p are known to/rumored to frequent regularly. Please select one now along with a time and date you think these two will finally meet up

The person who makes the most accurate prediction wins a swell prize (still to be determined). In the event of a tie, a dunk tank will be rented. First person to hit bull'seye and drop me in the water will be declared the winner

There are also three active side bets:

1) Immediately upon meeting, trumpet and pingo will...a) Eye each other suspiciously? B) Just say hi? C) Embrace warmly? D) Shake hands? E) High 5 one another? F) Fist knock? or G) Chest bump?

2) Assumimg the name AcheNot is brought up during conversation, which of the following words is likely to be the predominant one used to describe/characterize him? A) Puerile? B) Infantile? C) Rude? D) Insulting? E) Entertaining? F) Funny? G) Creepy? H) Lowbrow? I) Buffoon? J) Boy-genius? K) Vulgar? L) Lame-o?  

3) Between the two of them, the total value of the oupons in their possession will add up to...A) $2.35? B) $3.35? C) $5.40? D) Between $7 and $10? E) More than $10 (but most coupon will have lapsed expiration dates)?

Good luck everyone. Hope you win the swell prize*

* - tt and pingo not eligible

Bob's Discount Furniture
    Burger King
    BJ Wholesale
    Costco
    CVS Pharmacy
    Dick's Sporting Goods
    Five Guys Burgers and Fries
    Home Depot
    JB Sash and Door
    Krispy Kreme
    Lane Bryant
    Lumber Liquidators
    Ocean State Job Lot
    Old Navy
    Marshalls
    Radio Shack
    Roche Bros
    Sears
    Sleepy's
    Stop & Shop
    Target
    TJ Maxx
    Town Faire Tire

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: The when and the where of an epic moment...

Stop & Shop    9/2/2011 at 11am     I'm assuming both will have to stock up for the holiday weekend.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Very shrewd prediction, Robin. I like the way you think

Best of luck. I hope you win

If anyone here deserves the swell prize, it's you

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just to make it easier for your participants -

Bob's Discount Furniture   -    Nope
    Burger King  --  Nope
    BJ Wholesale  --  Nope
    Costco - a high possibility
    CVS Pharmacy - doubt it
    Dick's Sporting Goods  --  Nope
    Five Guys Burgers and Fries -  Never
    Home Depot - doubtful
    JB Sash and Door - Never
    Krispy Kreme   -    You obviously aren't from these parts - KK didn't last a year
    Lane Bryant - What are you suggesting?
    Lumber Liquidators  -  Never
    Ocean State Job Lot - possibility
    Old Navy - Never
    Marshalls - Possible
    Radio Shack - Never
    Roche Bros - Never
    Sears - Never
    Sleepy's - Never
    Stop & Shop - High possibility
    Target - possible
    TJ Maxx - possible
    Town Faire Tire - Never

And, you left out a very high possibility - Trader Joe's!

Along with another high addition to the greetings:

"TT?  -  Pingo??"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Regarding the side bet questions:    #1 A, #2 G [I'm going by what I think they would say, not me]    #3 E

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

trumpet, come on! Youre making it way too easy for everyone. I am going to have to come up with a whole new list now. Geesh

I thought of adding Trader Joe's, but the list is alphabetical, and for some reason I liked the idea of ending it with Town Faire Tire...

As for the addition of Lane Bryant, I am not suggesting anything! I swear it!

And for the record, I wasnt the one who introduced the term "roly poly" into the conversation around here. It was someone else:)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Thanks again, Robin

Wise choice. I think "3E" is going to be a very popular bet. Nice for you that you got in so early with it

Good luck

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: The when and the where of an epic moment...:
    trumpet, come on! Youre making it way too easy for everyone. I am going to have to come up with a whole new list now. Geesh I thought of adding Trader Joe's, but the list is alphabetical, and for some reason I liked the idea of ending it with Town Faire Tire... As for the addition of Lane Bryant, I am not suggesting anything! I swear it! And for the record, I wasnt the one who introduced the term "roly poly" into the conversation around here. It was someone else:)
    Posted by AcheNot

You realize, of course, that I was just trying to throw you off course with "roly poly" -  Both Pingo and I are tall and svelte -  You'd never recognize either of us if we came face to face.  But, enough, on with your little contest - want any more help from me?  A few more possible salutations - 

"Hey, Pingo!"
    "Are you TT?"
    "Do I know you from Chat?"
    "You must be TT, I recognize you from your description of your glasses!" 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, I just thought of a couple more possible meeting places:

C&C Fish
    Artie's Diner
    Legal Seafood
    Angelica's

(I'm obviously bored today.  Waiting for an estimate from a guy to clean out the cellar.  Was supposed to be here an hour ago - hasn't shown up.)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

I say Ocean  State Job Lot, they both use a lot  of bird feed.  As to the Questions, #1 and 2..A. and #3 $3.00 to $4.00.SS

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

trumpet:

If you notice, the responses in side bet number 1 are all non-verbal (all but one actually)

If you want a separate side bet relating to the initial verbal response between you and pingo, I will be happy to oblige. But I'll supply the answers, okay? For you to do so is a huge conflict of interest. It would be like Tom Brady setting the Vegas line on the Pat's game. Thank you, but please dont interfere

Trumpet, please dont interfere?

Hmmm. Where have I heard those words before??

PS Sorry if I sound like a control freak, but I run a fair and legit operation here, and I wont have it marred by controversy of any kind...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Ocean State Job Lot sounds like a good pick to me, but in order for your selection to be eligible for the swell prize, you are going to also have to supply a date and time, otherwise your selection will unfortunately have to be discarded

Thank you, and good luck

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ache,
    You forgot Friendly's in your line up. Friendly's, where tt and I practically sat staring at each other unknowingly. tt, pretty much eliminated the places, where we would never meet.
    And btw. I do look for sales, but hardly ever use coupons. Most coupons are for more than one of a kind. No, I don't need 10 packages of Raman Noodles. And I never buy things,  I don't need, just b/c I have a coupon. Besides, I usually forget I have them, or they are expired by the time I want to use them. So I decided not to bother. Most of the items I shop for don't offer coupons anyway. - Pingo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm not interfering - I'm just joining in, socializing, being one of the gang.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Ache, You forgot Friendly's in your line up. Friendly's, where tt and I practically sat staring at each other unknowingly. tt, pretty much eliminated the places, where we would never meet. And btw. I do look for sales, but hardly ever use coupons. Most coupons are for more than one of a kind. No, I don't need 10 packages of Raman Noodles. And I never buy things,  I don't need, just b/c I have a coupon. Besides, I usually forget I have them, or they are expired by the time I want to use them. So I decided not to bother. Most of the items I shop for don't offer coupons anyway. - Pingo
    Posted by pingo

Yeah, good one. I should have included Friendly's. And a few others too that tt suggested

Maybe I need to open the contest up a little bit and allow participants to make selections of their own choosing...not necessarily from the list...on locations they think you two may meet at

Good idea. That's the new guideline we will go by. I'm gonna call it the "pingo rule"...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I'm not interfering - I'm just joining in, socializing, being one of the gang.
    Posted by toytrumpet

Okay, tt. Socializing is acceptible, but there is a line that you cant cross

Respect the line, and we'll be fine

Thank you

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

How come it gets named the "Pingo" rule?  I'm the one who first gave you the other suggestions -

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

How come it gets named the "Pingo" rule?  I'm the one who first gave you the other suggestions -
    Posted by toytrumpet

*groan*

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Geeze Louise..is all I have to say...Achey Breaky heart..can I interst you in       E-Harmony????

My guess..Trader joes

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Trader Joe's is not on the list, so your response is invalid

Please resubmit when the pingo rule goes into effect, okay?

Include date and time as well

Thanks

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

What he means, Icer, is to wait until "toytrumpet rule" goes into effect, then you can choose Trader Joe's.  The announcement should be made any time now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

trumpet, when I need an interpreter, I will visit the UN

I meant exactly what I said in my previous post. No clarification necessary

And there is no such thing as the "trumpet rule" (not yet anyway), so please stop passing along bad information, otherwise as the event commissioner, I will be forced to have to publicly censure you

Remember: Respect the line

Okay, good night...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Ache:  You may want to reconsider  question #2 regarding Buster,  it turns out his problems are quite serious.   I am going to delete my response to that question out of respect for the situation.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In light of the recent development regarding the health status of Buster the Dog, I am removing Question 2 from the list of side bets

New question to be added later

Special thanks to animal rights activist/genuine nice person, Robin39, for bringing the situation to my attention...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Here goes my guess again.....Ocean State Job Lot, Thursday, Aug.26, around 2:30PM.....  Questions 1 and 2  Ans A, #3  C...ss

Sections
Shortcuts