This is for Ache!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

This is for Ache!

Ache,
    I am giving you the honor of my last post before I leave.
    Let's try to mend fences. Our "ping-pong" game makes our Chatter friends uncomfortable. I may never ever get to like you, and you me. But that is ok.
    I promise to never call you Mr. Creepy again, if you promise me to leave me alone. No jabbing, no snide remarks (like the refrigerator one to Kar f. ex. - yes, I got that one).
    All I need is a "yes" or "no". Not a long lecture. Past is past.
    I will be gone for a few days, so that will give you some time to think it over.
    My best to you.
    - Pingo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Re: This is for Ache!

Hi, pingo

Yes, let's mend fences

No jabbing though? No snide remarks? Gee, that's like asking me not to breath, but okay, it's a deal:)

Peace

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yay!!

Thanks, friends, for the truce.  Peace will be had and enjoyed by all. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

OMG What have I gotten myself into now?

I hope I dont end up regretting this

Oh, noooooooooo!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Get a hold of yourself!  You can make fun of me if you want - I'll try to muster up a witty response, but I'm just not very quick.  The further I get from my illustrious engineering career, the more my brain goes to mush.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Yeah, I suppose that I could make fun of you, say, for having a father-in-law who is richer than God. That would be good for a few laughs

But, meh

It wouldnt be the same. "Planet Kargiver" just isnt funny enough, you know what I mean?

So I may have to back out of this deal...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Now, come on, Planet Kargiver is hilarious.  I'm a mess, always have been.  Plenty of material here...pay attention!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Ache,

You really can't find something to make fun of with ME???  Good Lord, I make fun of myself everyday...  and I really can't believe you can't find any material for Kar or me or both.  Did I misjudge you??? How about Planet Amber?  That flows on the tongue pretty nicely... 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Well, you two fine broads make valid points, I must admit. And there's always the ultra uptight mothermitzi to give the needle to as well

But one of the things that appealed to me about this place was knowing I was being misperceived. I never felt like I said anything all that rude or obnoxious (not by the standard I am used to anyway), but pingo and others thought otherwise. The irony of that basic misunderstanding between me and the regulars here always amused me (and baffled me) in a "How can they not possibly know I am joking" way

So now with pingo "suing for peace" and with me already on record agreeing to her terms, I am experiencing some, ummm, feelings of doubt. I'm not sure I'm ready to give up my "bad, old" ways yet. Thus my moments of "Oh, noooooooooo!":)

But I am a reasonable man...always willing to negotiate:)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Well let's negotiate this - how about never again referring to any of us as "broads" a pejorative term if I ever heard one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Oh, and the ultra uptight Ihavemyhats

Forgot about her. She's another one I can target...

ETA: Should have said she's "another broad I can target". Damn...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In Response to Re: This is for Ache!:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and the ultra uptight Ihavemyhats Forgot about her. She's another one I can target... ETA: Should have said she's "another broad I can target". Damn...
    Posted by AcheNot[/QUOTE]

There you go, proving once again that you are "rude and obnoxious."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Stop it, willya, Hats?

The peace process is barely underway and already youre tossing bombs trying to discredit one of the key signatories in the deal (me)

Who hired you? Mothermitzi?

If your goal is to go down in history as the broad who put the kibosh on the CC forum version of the Camp David Accord, then youre well on your way to achieving your objective

But for the sake of everyone involved, you need to quit it, okay?

Thank you...

ETA: PS pfffffffffft!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yobettyob. Show Yobettyob's posts

[QUOTE]OMG What have I gotten myself into now? I hope I dont end up regretting this Oh, noooooooooo!
    Posted by AcheNot[/QUOTE]

Do it for the RGBAD, Ache. I have a sneaking suspicion that pingo is secretly flattered that you'd like her to attend and this is her way of paving the way to making such an historic event possible.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yobettyob. Show Yobettyob's posts

Hats, you are absolutely right about Ache. However, do you want to go down in BDC history as the one who sabatoogied the Pingo/Ache Truce?

Try to be a little more "broadminded".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

YOB, please

The PPI and the RGBAD are separate entities, and I want to keep it that way. They are in no way related. What on earth makes you think they are? Youre insane. Theyre like prune juice and beer: They dont mix well

So stay out of this, okay? I know what I'm doing. Last thing I need is for you to interfere and yenta everything up like you always do

Thank you, but no thank you

Good bye...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Ache,

I think you are misunderstoood a lot.  I GET your humor.  I have very sarcastic humor, but I also know when it is written, it can be taken wrong.  Which is why I like Ache's writings. I think he is the master at writing in that manner. Yes, "broad" may be derogatory to your senses, but taken in context with the entire post, it wasn't insulting to me. Trust me if someone called me a "broad" in a derogatory way, he would be walking funny for a while. We should not be dictating what someone can and cannot write.  If you don't like what he wrote, then ignore him and don't read anything he posts. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if you perceive Ache as being insulting, then ignore him.  This is a public forum with lots of personalities. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I get it, too...I've been befuddled by the negative reaction to it for years.  Sarcasm happens to be my favorite humor device, in fact.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

All this "understanding" is not for Ache - he thrives on being the misunderstood waif!  He loves the way he's been perceived on CC.  We don't want to suddenly kill him with kindness now!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

LOL tt!  Yes, he will probably agree with you : )

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]Ache, I think you are misunderstoood a lot.  I GET your humor.  I have very sarcastic humor, but I also know when it is written, it can be taken wrong.  Which is why I like Ache's writings. I think he is the master at writing in that manner. Yes, "broad" may be derogatory to your senses, but taken in context with the entire post, it wasn't insulting to me. Trust me if someone called me a "broad" in a derogatory way, he would be walking funny for a while. We should not be dictating what someone can and cannot write.  If you don't like what he wrote, then ignore him and don't read anything he posts. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if you perceive Ache as being insulting, then ignore him.  This is a public forum with lots of personalities. 
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

Amber:

Thank you. Clearly you are a very wise broad:)

Btw, an example of the "basic misunderstanding" I mentioned above is Ihavemyhats reaction to me in this thread

The term "broad" is rather old-fashioned. No one uses it any more. So when I used it the other day to describe you and Kargiver, I thought it was pretty obvious that I was just fooling around, but hats responded as if it was another instance of me being rude

Hats is so silly:)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I don't know if you'll be disappointed or happy to know I wasn't offended in the slightest. ;)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]All this "understanding" is not for Ache - he thrives on being the misunderstood waif!  He loves the way he's been perceived on CC.  We don't want to suddenly kill him with kindness now!
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

Bingo! We have a bingo, ladies and gentlemen!

trumpet, youre absolutely right. All this "understanding" I am receiving lately is going to chase me away for sure

Why didnt you gals think of this before?

Like, for instance, during the era of the Five Families. Remember that? (mothermitzie has such fond memories of that period...). If you had just embraced me back then like I was expecting you to, youd have been rid of me a long time ago:)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know if you'll be disappointed or happy to know I wasn't offended in the slightest. ;)
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

The latter:)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

P...ingo
    E...ndorses
    A...rmistice and
    C...ordial
    E...ntente