tt takes a hike

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: tt takes a hike

Hi, Ache

My guess will be:  May 25th between 8a-10a, but you can keep the prize, thanks. 

Ps: I have never been able to read the poems.  Maybe it's me, but my eyes glaze over after a line or two.

I should add, that goes for anyone's poems.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Hi, Ache (again)

My oh my!

Off topic:  I recently rescued a critter that had been hit by a car and I took her to New England Wildlife Center in Weymouth.  

What a wonderful place, all kinds of positive things going on there.   I have to give them a shout out! 

http://wildlife-education-center.com/

I just wanted to share this with my BMBFF (best make believe friend forever)   

Robin

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

A young opossum with babies in her pouch.  Beautiful creature :)  

Btw: Of course I knew you were joking!   I don't understand why people get so serious about this stuff :/

Perhaps you could donate that cook book to the Salvation Army, don't forget to get a receipt for income tax return time. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Hi, Ache

Please don't let this "This post has been removed" stuff get to you.

Regular posters know by now, that anytime the abuse button is pressed, the moderators give the reporter the benefit of the doubt, regardless of the content of the post in question.

Btw: NEWC has a small pet supply store located to the left of the entrance.   Really good prices for collars, leashes, dog dishes etc, and the money goes to help the injured wildlife.

Maybe you could take William there for a visit sometime :)  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Hi, Ache

I don't like seeing my BMBFF being treated this way.  I see your posts as dry wit or dry humor.  As in David Letterman or Jerry Seinfeld style.

Dry wit:  The ability to criticise someone and have them laugh about it; see also oblivious
    2.) Humour that soars over the heads of your less intellectual friends
    3.) Cutting sarcasm cleverly masked as a lighthearted joke; the epitome of Oscar Wilde

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dry%20wit

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadpan

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I'm afraid to respond to you, Robin, because my message will almost certainly be deleted. The OBN Dirty Tricksters (OBNDT) will see to that, I'm sure

But thank you. Your kind words are like a soothing ointment to me

PS You and I will have the last laugh. OBN is going down. Its days are surely numbered

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I understand, I should have said something above.  I agree with your thoughts.

I suppose we should abandon this thread now.  Too bad, I found it to be quite amusing :)

Ps: As I am sure you know, smiling and laughter are good things, especially for the immune system.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

FWIW: toytrumpet's latest Self Imposed Exile from the Board (SIEFTB), popularly known as 'tt takes a hike', is about to enter its third week now, making it trumpet's longest SIEFTB in history, longer even than her most famous one, 'tt's revolt', which took place way back in 2011

As you recall, trumpet's issues which prompted her to leave three years ago were with the board itself: 1) Her messages kept disappearing on her...or they were blocked from being posted in the first place. 2) She kept getting logged out every time she refreshed a page. And 3) any help she sought from dottie-do-nothing on the matter was met with stony silence. As a result, an angry tt became frustrated with the situation and left in a big huff

This time around however trumpet's anger/frustration is being directed not at the board, but rather at her fellow OBN members, whose inconsistent and lazy posting habits have greatly annoyed tt, who prides herself on prompt responses and on timely updates of her exciting daily routine. (Hey, tt! Good Y&R episode today?)

PS When trumpet will return is still a mystery. (I'd ask you all to guess when, but last time I did, my message got deleted). One thing I do know however, there havent been a lot of "We miss you, tt" posts in the May thread. By my count none actually. Apparently OBN is getting along just fine without its Queen. So if the purpose behind trumpet's latest SIEFTB was to generate a renewed appreciation for all things tt, sparked by her willful absenteeism, then I'm afraid her 'tt takes a hike' has been an abject failure

Sorry, trumpet

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Hi, Ache

I thought this article was interesting....sometimes you just have to take a break from posting.

Here are some potential benefits of regular online forum participation:

Learning new ideas and refining old ones
    Enjoying community membership
    Influencing the forum's evolution
    Contributing to others
    Making new friends and contacts
    New business leads
    Keeping up with current events
    Learning about new opportunities

Here are some potential negative effects of excessive forum usage

Reduced concentration and focus
    Reduced productivity
    Chronic procrastination
    Increased pessimism and/or apathy
    Being distracted by endless debates and idle gossip
    Gradually substituting tribal group think for your own intelligence
    Impaired social skills, neglected relationships, and a weakened social circle (a consequence of substituting online socialization for face-to-face conversations)
    Reduced energy (forum participation is sedentary compared to more active social outlets)
    Reduced self-esteem
    Career and income may suffer (including loss of employment)
    Forum addiction

excerpt from:    http://www.stevepavlina.com/articles/effective-online-forum-usage.htm

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Good article, Robin

Maybe youre right. Perhaps trumpet simply needed to take a break. If so, and if she follows the author's recommended 30 day layoff, she is just about half way there

Hope youre having a happy hiatus, trumpet!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

never mind/not important

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Hi, Ache

tt returned today at 10:16 am, I thought you would want to know :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Thank you, Robin

That means tt's "hike" lasted exactly 25 days 2 hours and 23 minutes, which is a long time. Imagine if during that same period trumpet had taken an actual hike. She'd be in Ohio by now, tired and homesick, wondering, "What am I doing in this place? I want to go home. Get me out of here"

During the time trumpet was gone by the way, the rest of OBN posted 264 messages, or barely 10 per day. A puny total. Compare that to January (29 messages per day), February (23 per), March (20 per), and April (22 per), and you can understand why trumpet got so fed up and took her hike in the first place

Bottom line: Minus its Queen, OBN is a lazy, directionless group of posters

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re the difference in number of postings - - I think it's me that just talks a lot!  lol  Looking at this morning's postings, I'd say that's what it is alright!

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Nah

Some posters just have a knack for sparking onversation on the board

Others meanwhile are the exact opposite

If "tt takes a hike" proved anything, it's that OBN has way too many of the latter (Hats, for instance) and not enough of the former...

ETA: Welcome back

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I see Hats is your choice for object of teasing, now that MM is gone.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Nope

Teasing suggests something good natured and friendly

That isnt my attitude toward Hats

Ugh

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You're wrong about Hats.  She has a lot to offer if you could find a tone acceptable to her.

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Off topic, re Maks, Ache, did you hear this?

http://pagesix.com/2014/06/11/j-lo-dating-hunky-dwts-pro-maksim-chmerkovskiy/?_ga=1.88440153.359430226.1387537295

J.Lo dating Kate Upton’s ex
    By Emily Smith 

June 11, 2014

Jennifer Lopez isn’t shedding tears over her split with boy-toy Casper Smart because she’s already moved on to “Dancing With the Stars” hunk Maksim Chmerkovskiy, sources tell Page Six.

We’re told Lopez met Maks when they began working on a performance ahead of the American Music Awards late last year. One source said, “They were definitely attracted to each other, but nothing happened between them” because Lopez was still with former backup dancer Smart and Maks was dating model Kate Upton, with whom he broke up weeks later.

The source added J.Lo and Maks have remained in close contact and were spotted meeting up at the Redbury Hotel in LA in March.

Life & Style reported, “At one point, he put his arm around her waist and they seemed to be locked in a very passionate conversation.”

Lopez, who’s in Brazil for the World Cup opening, and Maks are expected to meet up when he returns from a two-week trip to India. Their reps declined to comment.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Jennifer Lopez, huh? Wow. That's some score for Maks

She's middle aged now (twice as old as Kate Upton), but she still looks good...once her hair and make up people get through working their magic on her, that is

I guess this puts an end to the Meryl & Maks rumor. Too bad. They seemed like a nice couple to me

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Yeah, I guess Maks is more career oriented than I thought.  I was hoping he would settle down with Meryl and have a nice home and start a family.

I think he's in over his head with J.Lo.  Oh well, it could be worse....Angelina, lol

In other sad news, Melanie Griffith and Antonio Banderas have called it quits after 18 years of marriage :(

http://www.tmz.com/2014/06/15/melanie-griffith-antonio-banderas-divorce-dogs/

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Oh,Oh! The romance may be over already....

The romance between Jennifer Lopez and Maksim Chmerkovskiy may be over before it got started.

Sources say Maks, traveling in India till Wednesday, has been spooked by all the media attention the budding relationship received.

“It would be a turnoff to anyone,” said a spy. “It’s already gotten too over-the-top.”

The couple met at a recent awards show and were seen together soon after.

But J.Lo, who just split with Casper Smart, seems over it, too, and tweeted that she’s not dating anyone new.

http://pagesix.com/2014/06/17/media-attention-is-instant-turnoff-for-chmerkovskiy/?_ga=1.121446090.359430226.1387537295