Weekday Chat Three

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Weekday Chat Three

Post I did on "Two" disappeared, so I'll start "Three" even tho it's the week-end.

Hi Circles,

The chocolate eclair dessert was delicious - surprisingly light too. Make this dessert the day before you wish to serve it, so that the grahams will soften.

The original recipe came from All Recipes.com, as did the glaze which really seals the deal as far as making it taste just like an eclair. I did my own revisions to the recipe, so feel comfortable posting those here.

Line the bottom of a 9x13 dish with graham cracker squares.
    Whisk 2 pkgs. of French vanilla instant pudding mix with 3 cups of milk until it starts to thicken. Fold in 1 8 oz. container of Cool Whip. Cover grahams with this and refrigerate to give a chance to set.

In a saucepan, mix 1 stick melted margarine, 1/3 cup cocoa, 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup milk, bring to a boil and boil ONLY 1 minute. This glaze thickens quite a bit as it cools. Set aside and cool completely.

Add another layer of graham squares to dessert. Cover with glaze and refrigerate. I had to drop the glaze on in dollops and then spread quickly. Refrigerate until serving.

When serving, cut into graham cracker size squares. Do not add any additional topping such as whipped cream. If you close your eyes when you take a forkful of this, you'll swear you're eating a bakery eclair.

Now, I would like to know about your ranch chicken rolls. Is that a store prepared dish or did you make it from scratch?

tt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

Weekday Chat Three

That sounds wonderful! I can't wait to try it. It's just the sort of thing that would be perfect to take on my Sunday for the after-church coffee hour, although I may have to try it before then ;)

I made the ranch chicken rolls from scratch. Couldn't be easier.
    I bake boneless, skinless chicken breasts with a little pepper, oregano, and a dash of paprika. Then I slice it into strips and toss in a bowl with Ranch dressing. Then I wrap the whole thing in a tortilla with thin slices of tomato and bacon pieces. Just roll it up and cut it in half. One could easily cut into smaller pieces for cocktail hour if you wished. I serve warm, but cold is nice, too, especially in summer. The key is to warm the tortillas slightly before rolling it all up so they won't crack.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Weekday Chat Three

Thanks, Circle. That sounds like something I would like to make for lunch for a girlfriend and myself. Thinking of the tortilla cracking, I'll bet this would be equally good in a half of pita bread, rolled up.

tt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Weekday Chat Three

Hi circles and tt,
    Those Ranch Chichen Rolls sounds yummy. And I like your idea tt - to stuff the filling in half a pita pocket. Bet it would be a good item to take on a picnic too. Make everything ready and assemble them on the site.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Weekday Chat Three

Sounds like something The Barefoot Contessa would make for one of her beach picnic shows!

tt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

Weekday Chat Three

Wow - thank you :) She is one of my favorites. (Barefoot Contessa)
    I agree that the pita would make for much easier eating. I'll do it that way next time!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Weekday Chat Three

Bump!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Weekday Chat Three

So when are we going on a picnic?
    Circles' Ranch Chicken ad tt's 'eclairs'? Bet we would all have the greatest time. It would have to be near your place circles, bc - right now it would not be too pleasant here. We had snow again last night - not much, but it tells you about the temps here right now. I would bring my caviar dip. - Pingo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Weekday Chat Three

"right now it would not be too pleasant here."

Brrrrr --

It is freezing out. Had my taxes done this morning and then had to run to Costco for a script (which I'm getting tired of doing, btw), but the driveway was so icy early on that I had my son take me both places. Glad to get back in my warm house. Wonder how my iris tips that are poking up out front will fare in this temp. They're probably sturdy enough to survive.

Pingo, I forgot to mention the table of beautiful orchids we saw at the Flower Show. The most beautiful was a gorgeous multi-bloom white one. Are any of yours blooming right now?

I'm making a spaghetti sauce for tonight, to make a chicken parm out of the piece of chicken I brought home from The Cheesecake Factory Saturday. I don't understand why so many restaurants now give you more than you can possibly eat in one sitting - I for one, would rather get just enough for a lunch, and not have leftovers to bring home. This was a tasty breading on the chicken tho, so I'll re-invent it for supper tonight. There's been a lot of talk about chocolate (Circles!) on the board lately, so think I'll put a batch of brownies in the oven this afternoon too.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

tt

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Weekday Chat Three

Boy I hate these boards! Sorry - I just mentioned that I also don't like the Cheesecake factory because of their portion sizes. They are just way too big. I usually get a salad that I don't want to take home, so most of it goes to waste.

Hope you enjoy your brownies TT!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Weekday Chat Three

Princess,

You were saying - - - - - - - -?

tt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Weekday Chat Three

Oh yes tt, my orchids are in bloom right now - at least some of them. My lady slipper started to put op her spike Dec, 12 and worked her way up and has now been in bloom for over a month -and still going strong. Then I have all my phalaenopsis - one is almost ever blooming. It has a lot of keikis (sp?) that is also blooming. They say I can cut them off and start new plants - but as it is now it is quite interesting to look at with all its hanging flowers. Almost like a weeping tree. Then I have a few more with huge flowers.
    I went to Kanes the other day and I had to tear myself away from their orchids --- they were so beautiful. Costco also have nice orchids right now. Did you see them when you went to pick up your prescription?
    My plants/flowers take a lot of time to take care of - but I enjoy them so much. Some of them have been with me since we bought our first home or when our children were born. How can I let them die?
    My mother had the greenest thumb ever - I hope I have her gene.
    A very - VERY - long time ago, when Starnarket was still at the Rt. 1 Childworld plaza - the flower lady was throwing out some "dead" plants. One of them was a Peace Lily - a small scrawny thing, I asked her if I could have it and she gave it to me fot 25 cents. Well today it is huge and has 6 beautiful white flowers.
    Talking plants - GT would be really proud of me. My over wintering Mandavilla is doing beautifully. It will be ready to go on my deck whenever we get some warmer weather. I am so happy I kept it. For a while it didn't look like much - but you should see it now. Thanks GT!
    Sorry tt, I don't want to bore you, but I could talk flowers all night.
    Enjoy your parmesan chicken - Pingo

[Quote]"right now it would not be too pleasant here."

Brrrrr --

It is freezing out. Had my taxes done this morning and then had to run to Costco for a script (which I'm getting tired of doing, btw), but the driveway was so icy early on that I had my son take me both places. Glad to get back in my warm house. Wonder how my iris tips that are poking up out front will fare in this temp. They're probably sturdy enough to survive.

Pingo, I forgot to mention the table of beautiful orchids we saw at the Flower Show. The most beautiful was a gorgeous multi-bloom white one. Are any of yours blooming right now?

I'm making a spaghetti sauce for tonight, to make a chicken parm out of the piece of chicken I brought home from The Cheesecake Factory Saturday. I don't understand why so many restaurants now give you more than you can possibly eat in one sitting - I for one, would rather get just enough for a lunch, and not have leftovers to bring home. This was a tasty breading on the chicken tho, so I'll re-invent it for supper tonight. There's been a lot of talk about chocolate (Circles!) on the board lately, so think I'll put a batch of brownies in the oven this afternoon too.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

tt[/Quote]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Weekday Chat Three

Hi tt and pingo -

Haven't seen putt on these pages for a few days. Hope she is ok. I am content with my blue hyacinths filling my downstairs with the most beautiful scent. Boy, was it cold again today. The wind was bad again. Yesterday, I went over to Trader Joe's and picked up a few things. I tried their frozen meatballs tonight and liked them a lot. Served them with whole wheat pasta, which I've been eating when I crave pasta. TT, I wish I had some of your spaghetti sauce to go with it. Alas, I settled for some out of a bottle. Along with salad greens, it made for a nice meal. Two weeks ago, I tried a tub of their ginger snaps and found them to be tasty and just the right size to take the edge off a sugar craving. Three snaps are 120 calories.

The Celtics are on at 9:00PM. Nothing else on tonight. I need to stop at the library tomorrow morning and stock up.

mothermitzi

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Weekday Chat Three

Three ginger snaps? You can stop at 3 ginger snaps? I had to have a brownie and a half after supper to make sure they were ok!

Actually the chicken I reconfigured tasted much better this way. At The Cheesecake Factory it was served with garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli. My sauce wasn't all that much, but I found a great seasoning - had a jar of seasonings I had bought to put in dipping oil, and put a couple of pinches of that in the sauce. Loved it. Nothing unusual, dried onion, garlic, oregano, I don't know what else, but it had a nice taste. Love finding new uses for things.

Well, unless the Food Network has a show I haven't already seen on, I'm heading to bed. Slept great last night and anticipating another good night's sleep.

Talk tomorrow.

tt

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Weekday Chat Three

Good morning to all my board friends:

I know when one of us is away for awhile it becomes a concern and felt it necessary to let you know that I am okay. There was an unexpected death in the family that we are all dealing with and as soon as things quiet down I will be back on the boards.

putt

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Weekday Chat Three

Putt,

So sorry to hear of the loss in your family. I know we were all wondering why you hadn't posted. I'll be thinking of you, having just gone through such a thing, and sending you comfort in my prayers and thoughts. Come back soon.

tt

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Weekday Chat Three

-----then had to run to Costco for a script (which I'm getting tired of doing, btw),-----

tt, does your health insurance co. have a mail order place for meds.? I have been using those for a long time. I get the meds right to my door. My physician write me for 3 times 90 days. When the 3 months are about to be up, I get a reminder from the mail order co. in my e-mail, that it is time to get new meds. Then I just go into my account and click, click, click ---- and in 3 - 4 days the mailman brings my order.
    When I have to renew the prescription - all I have to do is to call my doctor's office and they will fax a new 3 times 90 day prescription to the mail order co. It is really so easy and convenient. No reason to risk falling on the ice - and Costco's parking lot is miserable when windy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

Weekday Chat Three

Come back soon Putt

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Weekday Chat Three

Hello putt,
    It is good to hear from you again and to know you are ok. I am sorry to hear about your loss in your family. Will be thinking of you and sending my prayers and good thoughts your way. - Pingo

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Weekday Chat Three

Hi Pingo,

It does have the mail order option. When I'm calling in refills, I always forget to check to see if it needs a renewal from dr. That holds them up a lot since it's a 48 hr. waiting period from the dr.'s office now. Is your script plan Express Script? I think that's what MedexRx uses, I'll have to check. Either that, or I'm going to switch to a pharmacy closer, Walgreen. The pharmacist, Peter, at Costco is very accomodating, and always gives me a few to hold me over until the new script order is faxed to him, but as I've said before, I never seem to get them ALL due at the same time so I'm running up there every other week.

Yesterday I asked the girl waiting on me if they now did the 90 day refills for BC/BS. Originally, they didn't. I didn't get a clear answer from her, sort of a "have your dr. write a 90 day script and we'll try to put it through and see what happens".

Thanks for your input.

tt

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Weekday Chat Three

Good morning, mothermitzi

Talking about T.J.'s, I don't know if I mentioned a couple of their brand products I tried last week and liked - Orange, peach, mango juice, and also their beef barley soup that came in one of those same type containers.

Love that place. There's always something new to see and try each time you walk up and down their aisles. Your mentioning wheat pasta reminded me of the brown rice pasta I bought for one of our family members, who was staying away from pasta products. It's now a staple in their household. Keep meaning to give it a try myself.

tt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Weekday Chat Three

Hi tt -

I've gotten used to the whole wheat pasta. I try to eat brown rice when I can but find it chewy. I love any juice with mango, peach, etc... I'll try it next time. I've been buying their oj all winter - same price as Tropicana and tastes better in my opinion. I just love those little mushroom turnovers. They come twelve to a package. I pop two or three in the oven at a time. Put them in a bowl of french onion soup instead of cheese on top. Just delicious. I find myself going there more and more. Picked up some strawberries for my morning smoothie which looked and tasted so much better than the ones my father picked up at S&S. The staff is always helpful and courteous, too.

mothermitzi

P.S. My neighbor told me he saw the hawks circling around my pine yesterday. Either they are back or they never left. I'm so glad I got my tree trimmed last fall.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Weekday Chat Three

Hi putt -

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Please know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

mothermitzi

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Weekday Chat Three

Yes tt, I used to have E-script, when I was on BCBS - I paid only $2 for 90 days refill on most of my meds. But since I switched to Tufts (BCBS got redicuous expensive) - I use Caremark, which is CVS. They are a bit more expensive - but for what I save in my premium, I can cover that difference more than 100 times over. But whatever mail order you use, it is so convenient.
    Now, you do need your doc to prescribe a 90 days multiple refills. If one is on maintenance meds, it is kind of ridiculous to have to run to the pharmacy every month.
    That girl in your pharmacy was not very well informed. I have gotten 90 days refills for years through BCBS. - Pingo

[Quote]Hi Pingo,

It does have the mail order option. When I'm calling in refills, I always forget to check to see if it needs a renewal from dr. That holds them up a lot since it's a 48 hr. waiting period from the dr.'s office now. Is your script plan Express Script? I think that's what MedexRx uses, I'll have to check. Either that, or I'm going to switch to a pharmacy closer, Walgreen. The pharmacist, Peter, at Costco is very accomodating, and always gives me a few to hold me over until the new script order is faxed to him, but as I've said before, I never seem to get them ALL due at the same time so I'm running up there every other week.

Yesterday I asked the girl waiting on me if they now did the 90 day refills for BC/BS. Originally, they didn't. I didn't get a clear answer from her, sort of a "have your dr. write a 90 day script and we'll try to put it through and see what happens".

Thanks for your input.

tt[/Quote]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

Weekday Chat Three

[Quote]Yes tt, I used to have E-script, when I was on BCBS - I paid only $2 for 90 days refill on most of my meds. But since I switched to Tufts (BCBS got redicuous expensive) - I use Caremark, which is CVS. They are a bit more expensive - but for what I save in my premium, I can cover that difference more than 100 times over. But whatever mail order you use, it is so convenient.
    Now, you do need your doc to prescribe a 90 days multiple refills. If one is on maintenance meds, it is kind of ridiculous to have to run to the pharmacy every month.
    That girl in your pharmacy was not very well informed. I have gotten 90 days refills for years through BCBS. - Pingo

[/Quote]
    Our BC/BS here uses Med-Co and my wife (she handles it all for us) tells me we can get 90 day refills on line, but need new ones once a year. But since I see the dr. about that often it's no big deal. And some of my dr's if i just call them and say I need a new script i can just drop in and get it if i want or the will fax it to Med-co if I desire. i always pick it up because any Dr I use now is close by