Welcome May!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Re: Welcome May!

OK, I'll leave it be, but thank you again, amber.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

No worries RG.  I hope the ladies all know how much I like them, but this situation was just taken out of context and went somewhere it shouldn't.  It was just me and my DD since she was 13, she is now 27 and I would not appreciate any comment suggesting I would mock her.  Rubbed me the wrong way. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Reindeer,
    Love your new avatar. Any special place? I just couldn't stand the previous one. That guy has made enough fool of himself (IMO).
    I don't believe Hats meant to offend you. This is the problem with the forums. What is thought and written by one, gets dissected - pun intended ;) - and translated to mean something totally different by someone else. I know; I have been there.
    Ok, like Amber suggested, let's get on to better things. - Pingo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Is anyone else feeling blah with this weather?  Everyone seems to be in a foul mood, including co-workers... sigh....  I need some sunshine and warmth.  I had to be in work today at 7:00 to wait for a contractor, so I was up very early.  Amber just looked at me and went back to sleep.  I finally had to wake her up after I was dressed so she could go out.  She is very stiff in the morning, so both us old girls get up slowly.  I miss the puppy face sniffing my face to wake me up, but she is still adorable to me : )

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

It's quiet on here today.  Where has kar and tt been??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt and Kar, I hope you are having something fun to do today as the reason we haven't heard from you?  I just seen and posted on Ache's Turkey forum for Pingo.  Oh my God, that is so funny... he really can write, I'm envious.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: Welcome May!:
    [QUOTE]Kar - any consideration of going back to school or otherwise training in counseling?  I agree that you are a natural.  You could even do it part-time if you wanted to.
    Posted by Novembride[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Nov.  If I could do my career over again I'd do it differently, but I'm pleased to help whomever I can just for the joy of it now that my career days are behind me.  Maybe if we never have kids I might consider it later, who knows.....

BG, I'm sure you are handling things as well as anyone can.  My voicing hope that you are still focusing on your own needs is in no way an implication that I believe you are weak or in trouble because I don't think that.  I simply know you're a human being in a situation that runs everyone in it down past E without regular fill-ups because your tank is being siphoned.

Sorry for the absence - talk about drained, I'm in the throes of a nasty cold.  Achoo!!! Cry  

Hope everyone enjoyed this lovely Spring day!  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Spring colds are the worse Kar.  I hope you feel better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

@Ambergrl...I am feeling blah...I really need some sun...I can make it through the winter but when the "warmer" months come..I really do need the SUN!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Thank you, pingo. It's in Nahant.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good Morning All - looks like we may get that sun today. I'm sure we all could use some.  Glad that it's Friday.  It's been such a busy week.  Hope you all have a wonderful day!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,
    Waiting for my coffee, and will post a few lines.  Went to Swampscott for the day yesterday, poking in Marshall's and T.J. Maxx and coming up with a few treasures. My friend and I had lunch at the Black Cow in Vinnan Square.  Had a great pulled pork sandwich that came with delicious skinny fries - if any of you happen to be in the neighborhood, a good sandwich shop.

I'm very concerned about my robin - haven't seen any activity on the nest since I heard a lot of birds chirping in that area Tuesday.  Afraid starlings have robbed the nest which seems to be abandoned.

Waiting for plumber to come, problems with a toilet tank filling properly, sounds like air in the pipes and vibrates.  My usual fixer of such things has his arm in a sling still, so I'll pay the outrageous hourly wage of a plumber.  First one I called who came with a recommendation, wanted $110 an hour, just to come out.  At least this one is $90.  Can't deal with fiddling with the water shut off valve under the tank every time it fills.  Promised to come this morning.  Cousin is coming over today and we'll head out once his work is done.  

Hope you all enjoy what I guess will be the last sunny day for a while.

ETA:  How apropos - The Today Show this morning did a segment on scam repair men - today's feature - plumbers!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning tt,

Happy you had a good day yesterday, you were missed.  Ugh, plumbing problems...  that is when I don't miss my house.  They are so expensive! How funny with the Today Show!  Yes, the sun is out today, so hopefully improve my mood.  Been a little depressed and I'm sure it is the weather.  I am a summer baby and am always happiest then.  But then I heard the 5 day forecast and doesn't look good...  no spring this year for sure, which is a shame as I remember last year was lovely.  I hope everyone has a great day and wonderful weekend.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: Welcome May!:
    [QUOTE]Spring colds are the worse Kar.  I hope you feel better.
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

Thanks, ambergirl.  I'm feeling better, but now the coughing is a problem and we were up half the night.  Guess I should make up some onion syrup today.

tt, I hope your robins are OK!  It's abandoned completely?  Can you see down to the bottom of the nest?

Thankfully, I have a (rescheduled) chiropractic appointment this morning - coughing is wreaking extra havoc on my back.

We got Gracie a memory foam bed from Walmart (way more affordable than anything online) for her crate in preparation for her recovery, and she just loves it.  She barely moves all night, now, and she used to flop around like a fish out of water.

Speaking of my girl, I gotta go check on her.

Have a great day, all,
    ~kar 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning all,
    Sorry to hear you are under the weather, Kar. I am surprised, you haven't yet started on the onion juice. DH had a nasty cold just before we went to Texas and was actually in bed one day, while there. The minute he started to sniffle and cough, we both started the onion juice. I give it total credit, that I avoided the cold. First thing I did in Texas was to make some for us there. You must be so anxious to get over Gracie's surgery. What a caring mom you are preparing for it with a comfy bed for her.
    tt, we have been to the Black Cow some years ago. The food was great and I remember we decided we would go back some other time, but it never materialized. Glad to hear, they are still doing well. Sorry to learn about your plumbing problems. It is probably just a minor thing. Like the chain inside the tank, that has to be tightened, so the valve close properly. Your son could fix that with even one hand. It is such a shame, it cost so much to get a repair man out to just look at what is wrong. $90 is a very good price though. Many charge a lot more than that. Unfortunately, they just don't come and fix a minor 5 minutes thing, but will replace with new parts. This way they can charge more.
    Good to see your post, Princess. We are missing you around here. How are you doing health wise? Hope you are feeling better.
    I have been working my butt off this past week, so I am taking the day off today. Good choice with the sun out. I have errands to run. Costco, TJ's, grocery. Plus I want to stop by Marshall's and the Job Lot, if time allows it. I need some new "everyday" tops and I wanted to poke in Job Lot's garden section. I remember they had some nice garden containers there.
    Hope you all can get out and enjoy the sunshine, before we start on the next several days of rain - Pingo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Waiting . . . waiting . . . waiting . . .

Thought for sure he'd be here first thing at 8 a.m.  The $90 charge is minimum, even if they're only here 5 minutes.  Trying to figure how long ago I had my bathroom redone (to figure out just how old the toilet is), but can't put my hands on that info.  Sons feel I should have the whole toilet replaced.  We'll see what he says.

The Black Cow in Vinnan Square is newly opened, my friend said there is another one in Hamilton or Wenham maybe?

Good day to take off, Pingo, I have some of the windows open already.  Who knows - we may run into you during our joint excursions!  BUT, how will I know you???

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt,
    This is contractors. They know, we need them - so they take their own time. That they say, they will be here a certain time - has nothing to do with reality.
    You must have been to the Black Cow Express - which recently opened in Salem. We went to the one in Hamilton, I think.
    If you just as much as mention replacing the hopper, - be sure that is what he will do. More money in his pocket. Good luck! - Pingo

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hello everyone.  Had to go right to CPR/First Aide training this morning and am I'mjust now back to my desk.  it's a good thing my cousin is a plumber, I'd have to wait for one.  My thoughts are with you tt.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Intersting...a second ago my post showed up as MaldenGirl.  Odd I'm not from Malden nor have I ever lived there

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

funny winter as I am from Malden and I read the Malden forums.  There is a maldengal on there..  tt and I could not see any pictures that people posted on BDC using Google Chrome, but we could using IE.  Beastgirl still has a problem becoming Pumpsygreen at at times.  Someone having fun at BDC?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

sadly I woudn't be able to switch from IE as I can 't have another on my computer at work.  It was there for a minute and when I refreshed it was gone.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, why do the boys think you need a new commode?  Hopefully, the contractor will give his honest opinion (if he ever arrives).

My appointment was OK, but I'm not sure if that or being out in the sunshine did me more good.  What another gorgeous day.  I was at TJ's, too, but probably not yours.

Oh, definitely, we're eager for Gracie's surgery to be behind us.  She's doing better in the mornings with the memory foam bed...should have gotten that earlier.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsygreen. Show pumpsygreen's posts

Hey there everyone, I'm on a quick break, t.t., sorry about the plumbing problem. We had a bathroom redone, and with the price it costs? Yikes! Kar, thankyou or your thoughts and advice re: D.D. You obviously have experience with her situation, and I find your posts very helpful. D.D. wants to go to Ireland this year as always, but I'm worried about it, as I don"t go with her. She's fine travelling alone, and has since she was 8, but with this eating disorder, I, and D.H. will have to wait and see how the summer goes. She goes in Aug., as it is her and her Grandas birthday. Winteerbride/Maldengirl, I'm glad I'm not the only Sybil on this board. I was afraid you all thought I was nuts posting under two different names! Gotta get back to work, take care all,bg

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

BG, I'm glad my experience can help.  As far as the trip, I'll tell you something you really don't want to hear.  She's too old for you to have any power over her here or abroad.  Emotional support - yes.  Control - no.  If you keep her home, all you'll accomplish is pushing her as far away from you as possible; you will NOT accomplish protecting her from her disorder.  Her problem is inside her whether she's in the US or Ireland.  You cannot control her because she's more of an adult than a child even though this problem makes her appear more childlike to her parents, the ones whose instinct it is to protect their baby from a killer disease.  The only reason she should have the trip canceled is if she is actually in an in-patient program at that time. Let her go, but make sure she has a therapist-designed plan for managing her disease while she's away that she is 100% committed to before she goes.  Talk to her therapist(s) about setting up a concrete daily plan (a checklist of sorts) for accountability to someone of her choosing (probably not you - a best friend or sister, for example) while she's there to manage her disorder.  Ask your DD if that plan will keep her on track and, if not, what else needs to be in place for her to succeed.  Refine it between now and August to set her up for success, and wish her well on her trip.  Pray that the angels look out for her and remember that whatever you do she's too old for you to force her to follow the rules.

Of course, I'm not a therapist and haven't even met her.  My advice is based on my own experience, and I absolutely expect you'll go by what her experts who have been working with her suggest doing.  This is just my opinion, fwiw...maybe nothing.

P.S.  If you want to talk outside of BDC with this, my email is kargiverbdc @ gmail . com (no spaces - I just put those in so automatic spam searchers can't find it)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Kargiver...Hope you take care of your cough, a year or so ago, I broke two ribs with my coughing....first thing I grab now when I start to cough is the cough syrup....take care, SS