Welcome May!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Re: Welcome May!

In Response to Re: Welcome May!:
    Thanks for the tip, tt. Looking for new plants for our office. - Pingo In Response to Re: Welcome May! :
    Posted by pingo

Hello Pingo, I was looking for your onion syrup recipe I see Kar refer to...I will be tryng to substitute our very healthy scallions plants..

Also, I am not sure if you still have a llyseal connectiion(sp?) but you could pass along a Thank from me..I have become quite popular because of the Lemoncelllo Connection....lol..tyia

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good Sunday morning,

Just going through the Globe Magazine, and Pingo, your post in response to a question Miss Manners had about piercings and tattoos, is quoted on page 9 along with some others.

Damp rainy day and week ahead of us by the sounds of this morning's forecast.  I'm back to turtlenecks and an extra piece on top of it.  Heat went on this morning.  Reminds me to check where the oil level is, while I certainly don't want another expensive delivery, it's been a while since my last one and my season ends the 31st of May.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, how sad is Charlie Sheen now?  He had a tweet fit about Ashton Kutcher replacing him.  I hope he gets some help.  Going to be a long rainy week.  No spring I fear this year..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Looking at the weather's forecast for the week - rain - rain - and more rain.  Used yesterday afternoon to repot my house plants, and my shamrock, for one, is thanking me.  It looks so full and bushy this morning.  Have a couple of floor plants I didn't get to, will scoop off a couple of inches of topsoil and give them new soil with fresh nutrients.

No activity at all on or near nest, so what was going to be a nice adventure is over, I guess.  Tried to peek in it from outside when I went out with my cousin Friday, but at ground level, I'm not tall enough to see into the nest.  Was curious if there were any shell fragments.

Pulling things together to see if I can make up another bag for Vietnam Vets pick up later this month.  I've done pretty good in getting rid of clothes that are still in good condition, but that I don't ever wear.  A waste to keep them in drawers upstairs, taking them out and checking them and then putting them right back for another year.  If I haven't worn them by now, I never will.

Want to get started on chores, so will get a move on.  I see there wasn't much if any, activity on the boards yesterday, so guess you all found something to fill a rainy afternoon, as I did.  Hope to chat later.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  Had a very busy weekend.  My son had a baseball game Friday night and Saturday night.  He was supposed to have one today, but it has been cancelled.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi Amber, saw your post as mine came up.  I didn't see Charlie Sheen's response to the news.  Did he end up appearing with the producer?  It was said there was a possibility of the two of them appearing on the stage together when the announcement was made.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I read in the metro, he was tweeting about how he wasn't told about it and he made 500 million for them etc. They really don't want anything to do with him. I guess he was gracious about Ashton.  Will be curious to watch and see how the show is with Ashton.  I heard he will not play Charlie's character, but a different one.  So sorry about your birds, was looking forward to hearing about them daily.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning ladies,
    Yes, tt - busy day yesterday. The morning was occupied with making my two tops. One is almost done (just the hand stitching left) and the second one half way. They are coming out nice; I am impressed with myself and didn't realize, how much I missed sitting at my sewing machine.
    In the afternoon DH and I went shopping. I took him to Job Lot, and we picked up several items. Bird seeds, a small rug that needed to be replaced in our mudroom, potting soil, plus several odds and ends I would not have taught of. (tt, they had plenty of finch sacks. Did you get one?) Then to Staples for some office supply. So sad about the robins. Was hoping for a happy ending.
    Thanks for the tip on the Globe Magazine. I had to go to Hannaford for some veggies and peeked in the Globe there. Page 9, there it was. I must say, all those face-piercings nauseates me. There are lots of other ways to be recognized and respected. Good manners and good behavior are some of them.
    Amber, I couldn't take much more of Charlie Sheen. His attitude and mental state has lots to be desired. Hopefully he will get help and will be out of the picture for a while and not come back until he behaves like a normal person.
    Lousy week. Good week to stay in and get a lot of chores done - Pingo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Icer,
    I forwarded your post to Leasyll. I am sure she will be happy to hear from you.

I am not going to take credit for the Onion Syrup. It is Kar's recipe; it really works.
    But here it is anyway:  Grate an onion and mix it with a cup of sugar. Let it sit overnight, then strain. Keep in the refrigerator. This is Kar's version. (You are welcome to correct me, Kar).
    I just dump a cut up onion in my small food processor and give it a good whirl with the sugar. Then jar it. I don't strain it but take it as is with the onion and all.
    You can take a teaspoon as often as you want and it is delicious in a salad dressing.
    - Pingo

In Response to Re: Welcome May! : Hello Pingo, I was looking for your onion syrup recipe I see Kar refer to...I will be tryng to substitute our very healthy scallions plants.. Also, I am not sure if you still have a llyseal connectiion(sp?) but you could pass along a Thank from me..I have become quite popular because of the Lemoncelllo Connection....lol..tyia
    Posted by icer

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Plants are all repotted, wash is in dryer, and I just caught up online on the Y&R for the episodes I missed last week.

Nice that you've gotten back to the sewing machine, Pingo.  I'll bet the tops are really nice.  What's particularly nice is that you can pick out just the material, color and texture, you want.

I never thought to look for the goldfinch socks in Job Lots, but I was looking over the shelves for the Kaytee mix I wanted and I'm sure I would have seen them.  I think I must be looking for the wrong thing.  What exactly do they look like?  Can you take a pic of one you have hanging?  Haven't seen the flash of yellow of late, and am now waiting for the butterflies and hummingbirds the butterfly bush will attract - at least they do at G.T.'s.

Emailed with him today and he is waiting until the day before to do all the cupcake baking/frosting - 75 all told - 4 different kinds.  Still nothing extra I can bring.  Looking forward to the get together, regardless of weather it will be a festive day.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Which Ocean State do you go too?  I've been to Danvers and Medford.They had blinds for $5.98...the same brand as the ones at Home Depot had for $24.95.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

A new one opened about 6 weeks ago on the Lynnfells in Saugus.  In the old Shaw's spot, next to Target.  This one is much neater than the Danvers one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Maybe I will check that one out, it's not too far from me.  The Medford one was neater than I expected.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

As you come out from Job Lots in Saugus is a mall with Marshall's and also the Dollar Tree.  The Dollar Tree is a pretty good store too.  They have a lot of name goods.  Also tucked in the corner is Lendy's Deli.  Good for a soup or sandwich - delicious reuben's.  So, a lot at one stop really without going back out on the highway.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh I know where it is.  I worked at that Star Market years ago. :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

So maybe now Pingo or I will run into you there, or  you, us!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, ladies,

Apologies for being behind, but I did catch the recipe for onion syrup, and that's what I do.  I take 2 Tbls 3 times a day to get rid of a bronchial cough, but that's a lot of sugar so diabetics beware.

Not sure if you caught it in Pets, but DH's bird, Nickie, died yesterday, and he discovered she had a large tumor which would explain why she was losing feathers.  He asked me to clean her cage and put it in the attic for later.  At the huge risk of being insensitive, I let him know I barely tolerated Nickie (which he already knew), but I never want another bird.  Figured he might come home with one if I wasn't absoultely clear about it (you know how men are if you assume they know something) and then we'd have a big problem.  I feel bad for him because he lost a pet he loved and is very sad, but at the same time, I think birds are dirty and noisy and I can't possibly imagine getting another one.

I've got to get a move on dinner.  Will be back tomorrow and will catch up from the weekend.

~kar

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter,
    When did you work at Starmarket there? We must have crossed paths. I used to do all my shopping there driving home from work. It was a great store, and I knew about everyone working there. How small this world is.
    tt,
    the finch sacks is right where the bird seeds are. They hang on one of the shelf dividers. A little white netting in a small plastic bag; $1.30. They went up in price, since I bought mine for a Dollar. They are empty, you will have to fill them yourself with the Nyjar seeds. There are plenty of them; you can't miss them. You must be looking for something different.
    Tip: If and when you get one - the way I fill them is to place the net in a small sandwich bag. This way the tiny seeds, that fall out from the netting while filling it (you will know, what I mean, when you start filling the sack), collects in the bag for reuse.
    - Pingo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Aha!  I was expecting to see a small tubular net filled with nyger seeds.  That's why I couldn't find them.  Come to think of it,  the first time I looked, there were what I thought was a pair of white socks lying on the shelf.  Bet if I had picked them up and checked, they probably were what you are talking about.  I thought someone had just laid down a pair of kids socks there.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kids socks?  tt, that is too funny. But truly, I wouldn't know, what to look for unless I had seen it "in action" in a friend's yard. You can buy them filled, but that cost almost as much as a bag of the seed. Much too expensive. Tomorrow, I will try to get a picture of my almost empty sack. Tonight it was too dark out.
    I am sitting here with a warm sweater and an extra fleece jacket. Guess I will go to bed right after dinner and read in my bed. At least that is a nice warm spot. Boy is it miserable in and out today - Pingo.

Aha!  I was expecting to see a small tubular net filled with nyger seeds.  That's why I couldn't find them.  Come to think of it,  the first time I looked, there were what I thought was a pair of white socks lying on the shelf.  Bet if I had picked them up and checked, they probably were what you are talking about.  I thought someone had just laid down a pair of kids socks there.
    Posted by toytrumpet

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, I am sorry about Nickie - for DH's sake. But not for yours. I am sure you must feel relieved, and that is ok to feel that way. You were never comfortable with that bird. It was time for him/her to go. Say a prayer, and wish him well in parrot heaven.
    Good you spoke up about not getting another bird. What a terrible surprise, that would have been. - Pingo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

My condolensces to Mr. and Mrs. kargiver on the loss of their Nickie.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, ladies.  DH is doing better now that the cage is out of sight.  And, yes, I'm enjoying the silence as you guessed.  He wanted to keep the cage in case our non-existent kids ever want a bird.  I promised I'd get them a puppy instead (and what kid would choose a bird over a puppy, right?).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning.  Pingo, I worked in the Deli in 97 I believe.  I worked in many Star Markets as they used to move their employees around.  I left the business in 98 and now work in Marketing.

Kar and Mr Kar.  I am so sorry for your loss of Nickie. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Oh Kar, I haven't checked in on Pets and am sorry for Mr. Kar on the loss of his beloved bird.  I fall squarely on your side when it comes to birds, so I am glad for your sake that you made it clear that Nickie was the last.  As more puppies... yay puppies!!

Sections
Shortcuts