Welcome May!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: Welcome May!

I am sure, that employee will hear from the management (and I certainly hope she will). The stores don't want to loose customers these days. Competition is too strong. Just look how many good old stores that have closed in the last few years. - Pingo

In Response to Re: Welcome May!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Welcome May! : Googled Macy's and they have a "tell us about your experience at one of our stores" section.  I did, succinctly, and said I thought it was poor customer service on the part of the sales person who had waited on me.  She knew very well what she had done, and didn't give me the option to have it corrected while I was there, at that store.  Wait and see now if I hear from them.  She wasn't a newbie, an older woman who I have seen in that department for many years.  Just didn't want to be bothered, there were a couple of people in line behind me.  My hope is that they remind their employees the rules of customer service.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thanks again, Kar. You are a peach!

[QUOTE]Group is singular because it is always one thing ( a group, a gathering, a bunch) that is comprised of more than one object.  (A bunch of bananas is in the tree.) "A lot of" is a synonym for "many" and is, therefore, plural.  You cannot say, "Many thing is ."  It always has to be, "Many things are," and so it is with "a lot of."  (A lot of bananas are in the tree.) There are a lot of (many) turkeys in my yard.  There is a group of turkeys in my yard. There are two groups of turkeys on my property.  One group is out front and another group is out back.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

My little grey furry visitor with the pink collar came for breakfast again this morning.  Friendly little thing.  Went out and gave her some kibble to eat instead of stalking my birds.  Wondered why none had been at the feeder, she probably was hiding under the fir at the end of the wrought iron fence.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

My hope is that they remind their employees the rules of customer service.

My hope, tt, is that they send you another gift card fro yoru troubles.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]My hope is that they remind their employees the rules of customer service. My hope, tt, is that they send you another gift card fro yoru troubles.
    Posted by Novembride[/QUOTE]

That would be lovely, but I doubt that will happen.  If so, the Executive Office at Route 1 would have instead of just issuing a new one in the original amount.  I just want them to know that I wasn't given the service I should have received, and would have asked for, had I known what she had done.  At the end of the statement section it asked if I wanted to be contacted about the incident, and I gave them the time best to call me, and also included my email.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  I hope it clears up I have two rose bushes, one hydrangea bush and two creeping phlox to plant. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]Good morning everyone.  I hope it clears up I have two rose bushes, one hydrangea bush and two creeping phlox to plant. 
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

Weather report I heard this morning said tomorrow morning would be clear and warm with just possible showers in late afternoon.  I'll take that forecast, good for your planting, and good for my party, which was to be in part, a garden party.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, all.

DH went to work late this morning, and I had to leave 10 minutes later for my chiropractic appointment.  Went to TJ's afterward and picked up 3 more of their delicious watermelons, 2 boxes of kumquats, and other assorted goodies.  I've eaten 1/2 a box of kumquats already!  DH hates them so I don't have to be conscious of eating more than my share.  Oh, yeah, more salmon to go with the next round of asparagus - it's coming up so fast you can almost watch it grow.

The sun is almost out here - it's dry and quite bright if not sunny.  I'll take it!  Hope you all are having it brighter where you are, too, and that the weather holds for your outside plans this weekend.

Gracie and I will be holding down the fort while DH goes up to a family event in NH this weekend.  Our kennel is closed for the whole month of May so one of us has to stay home.  I get to avoid BIL this way so I'm just as happy to have a good reason.

Have a good afternoon,
    ~kar

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Kar - I also love kumquats!  I thought I was the only one.  Should be a nice weekend, maybe I'll get some yard work done. 

This Friday is dragging in work. I can't wait to get out of here today.  OH well, only a couple of more hours.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Friday afternoons always drag at work, don't they...I always spent much of the day watching the clock, I couldn't help it.  But, you can do it - it's almost the weekend!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Looks like the weather turned out to be nice after all. Let's hope it last for GT's party tomorrow.
    Just came back from MB; it was packed. Had to circle round the parking lot to get a spot, and then low and behold, I got the first one next to the entrance.
    They have plenty of annuals, but no herbs, which was what I was looking for. Needed rosemary for Sunday. I am so used to have an ample supply, but the few shoots that came back up this Spring, will not do. Besides I don't want to kill the plant by cutting everything off. They didn't even have the dry variety at MB. Will have to look for it tomorrow.
    Made tomato bisque this morning for our dinner. That and stuffed artichokes.   They are in the process of being steamed. When they are done, I will stuff them and then bake them. They are huge. Will serve them with aioli.
    While at MB I thought of you and our cracker cookies. They now have mint chocolate chips. Would be nice for the cracker cookie instead of plain chocolate.  Don't you think? Do you use saltines or graham crackers ? I have never tried the saltines, but I bet they are wonderful as well.
    Have to go and check on the chokes. Chat later - Pingo

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Mmmmmm, Pingo, I LOVE stuffed artichokes.  You've inspired me to look for some nice big, heavy ones next time I go shopping.  TJs just had the little ones, I think, and you can't really stuff those.

DH is on his way home early tonight - YAY!

Blessings,
    ~kar

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi Pingo,

I made a double batch of the saltine/chocolate cookies/candy today.  The Dollar Tree has a nice oval cut glass look-like rimmed plate that is so nice for something like this.  I've bought several and used them for various gift givings of home made goodies.  Yes, mint chocolate would be good on the candy.  Also almost picked up slivered almonds to sprinkle on top this time instead of the walnut meats, but the guys devour them each time I bring them as is, so left well enough alone.

Wonder how G.T. made out today with 75 cupcakes he was baking and frosting.  Four flavors, carrot cake with cream cheese, lemon with lemon, chocolate with chocolate and peppermint with peppermint candies in frosting.  He decided to do that rather than a regular cake.

Had a delicious meatloaf/cheese/ketchup sandwich for supper.  Glad I have that meatloaf to fall back on this week-end.  Will put the kielbasa/brown sugar in crockpot when I get up tomorrow and it will be all ready when I head out for Newton around 11:30.  G.T. is doing a crockpot full too. That really goes fast.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

My mouth is watering for one of those cracker cookies. They are always a big hit. At Christmas time, I crush up peppermint candies and sprinkle on the cookies instead of the walnuts or pecans. Always a bit hit. Try it sometime.
    I will stop by to look for those "cut glass" serving dishes. One cannot have too many of those. I used to have a stack of different ones, but over the years they have found different homes. Need a new supply.
    Can't imagine to frost 75 cup cakes. He will probably make them into some fancy arrangement. Picture?
    What else do you put in the pot with the kielbasa and the brown sugar? I know, you once told us, but I for got. I even made them once, but I am completely blank. 
    The house smells so good from my tomato bisque. Mr. P asked for it yesterday. He will be happy.
    - Pingo

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, man, those cupcakes sound delicious - what a variety!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

We love Pngo's Tomatoe Bisque...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oval dish of saltine/choc candy.

Enjoy vicariously!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I bet, there will not be a single piece left! And now the kielbasa. What do you add besides the brown sugar?  - Pingo

[QUOTE]Oval dish of saltine/choc candy. Enjoy vicariously!
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]I bet, there will not be a single piece left! And now the kielbasa. What do you add besides the brown sugar?  - Pingo In Response to Re: Welcome May! :
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

Oh, yes, I forgot about that.  Just brown sugar.  Slice the kielbasa in coin size pieces, pour the sugar over and put it on high for 3 hours.  The juices in the kielbasa melt the brown sugar and it give it a wonderful flavor.  Give it a stir halfway through.  I used to dish the kielbasa out with a slotted spoon onto a serving tray and add toothpicks - as an appetiser.  However, my group loves it and now we take it out of the crockpot let people help themselves by the spoonful!  One thing I have found is not to let it cook too long, it can become tough.

As for the candy, no there won't be any left.  At Easter I made the single batch and it was all gone by the end of the afternoon.  It's addictive, like potato chips!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

I likle your placemats, tt. They're elegant.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning all,
    Just started a round of country style spare ribs in my crockpot. We are going to spend most of the day at the office. Nice to come home to a home cooked meal.

Kar, those artichokes last night were the best, I ever had. I used a recipe from Mark Bittman's book. I steamed them first, then stuffed them and baked them. The stuffing was fresh bread crumbs from 3 slices of bread, garlic and parsley sauteed in 2 Tbs. of butter. The dipping sauce was mock aioli. Store bought mayo mixed with extra olive oil, garlic, parsley, lemon juice and a 1/2 teasp. hot sauce. You can probably look up both on the net. Do you have any of his cook books? I got "How to Cook Everything" for Christmas and "How to Cook Everything Vegetarian" for my birthday. The are both 800 plus pages, but the best cookbooks I have in my collection so far. I have close to 100, so that says a lot. I keep referring to them all the time.

Winter, a great day to do yard work. All the rain has made the ground nice and workable. Good luck with your roses. I love roses, but for some reason, we can't grow them. Have tried numerous times. I guess, they don't like our soil.

tt, enjoy the party. Hope you will give us a full "report" with some pictures. Looks like the weather is going to behave. At least around here. But of course, it may not be the same where GT lives. Crossing my fingers for you and don't forget your camera.

Better go and make breakfast for us. I am making the baked eggs again. DH loved them and asked for them. Enjoy the day -Pingo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsygreen. Show pumpsygreen's posts

Hi  everyone! I haven't been able to chat lately, so I'm going to catch up with you today. I have the weekend off - well, not really as I have a lot of house stuff to catch up with. There is an article today about cats that sound like my Stitches, J.D. I must read that today. I will check in later. Hopefully, we'll all be here after 6 p.m. HaHa. b.g.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

BG,
    I read the same article. Actualy there are two. One is 5 points to change your kitty's mood. Both quite interesting.
    If we are still here at 6 pm, it means we have been the "bad guys". The faithfull will go to heaven at 6 o'clock sharp. Wink
    - Pingo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsygreen. Show pumpsygreen's posts

Hi there, perhaps I should post this comment on the pet forum, but as I have commented on this thread about our Stitches, the J.D., I feel I need to comment on the article I read on Boston.com regarding cats behavior. The J.D. is certainly feisty, but less so as he gets older. We actually find his attention seeking antics humorous. We would never, ever, give this guy back to the shelter. Oh, and this a.m., I took him to the groomers, and they think he's the most compliant, kitty. Well, he is, on his terms and time. When he is at the groomers though, there are lots of dogs there also, and he knows where he stands against a Shepard. I have been off this thread so long, I feel I need to make notes re:previous notes to respond! Finally, SUN!!! b.g.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Great weather today, great for G.T.'s party and anyone else's outdoor fun!

Pingo, my mouth was watering reading your description of the artichokes.  I must do it myself sometime.

Gracie and I went to the center of town for the weekly romp through the farmer's market after DH left for a family event in NH that Gracie got me out of.

So, the kitchen is still a mess from breakfast, and there's unfolded laundry on the couch, and the bed isn't made...I'm such a rebel!!