Welcome May!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsygreen. Show pumpsygreen's posts

Re: Welcome May!

Kargiver, Hey there! Finally, after a horrible week, with horrible weather there's a sunny day, with 3 loads of laundry, paperwork, errands, etc. Ech. I haven't posted lately, just catching up. I'm sorry about the loss of your D.H.'s pet bird. D.H.. and I have had a tough two weeks with D.D.. and the hospital admission, but I kept thinking about you, and others thoughts. D.D. is now doing O.K. Stitches is now taking a nap curled up with the beast after his pedicure. b.g.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hey, BG, thanks for the kind words for DH on the loss of his bird.  He seems to be doing OK.  Sorry to hear about DD's hospitalization.  I hope that will be it for that.  My friend ended up having to be an in-patient in a specialized facility for a month...twice.  A terrible foe this is.

I'm watching a TV series on Netflix that DH isn't into since I have the house to myself.  Gracie has finally stopped pacing and crying for Daddy.  8:00 is about the time she settles in for bed no matter what.

And, I didn't cook dinner!  I bought a roll of ginger flavored goat cheese (local farm), and ate it on tortilla chips.  Yup, that's how I ate when I was single...that and pizza.

Blessings,
    ~kar

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good Sunday morning,

Wonderful garden party, and we had beautiful warm weather the entire time.  I tried to take a couple of pics of the lawn before people got there.

Walkway

buddha

azalea

one of the tent canopies

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

WOW!!!  It's like an exclusive garden club!  And, who thought we'd ever see Buddha, again? ;)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks.  He does have a beautiful garden area.  I love his buddha.  It's the first one I've seen like that.

Of course, I did manage to get a pic of "the kids" -

They're so cute and come running when anyone comes in.  I'm afraid for the party they had to be put in an upstairs master bathroom so they wouldn't scoot out.  They took it quite well tho, didn't hear any crying at the door.  One of the guys mentioned how they're playing all the time, but sometimes he has to go and physically remove Desmond because he goes right for Norma's neck - - I thought, "Oh Oh.  Hope that's not going to be shades of Charlie, and what that led to."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

So cute!  I hope the neck thing doesn't get out of control, too...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

The lilacs look LUSCIOUS, tt!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I thought of you today TT..Did you see that program we watch on Sundays? They had zen gardens with Buddah

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I was hopping in and out of the room - saw them raking the pebbles and the rock formation gardens they showed, but missed the buddha - damn.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I am surprised you didn't get ###..sorry you missed the buddah(plural)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Maybe Big Brother isn't policing the boards today!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

What a lovely garden, that GT has. tt, thanks for sharing it with us. It looks just like an English cutting garden. I am so envious. And what a perfect weather you had for a garden party. Much better than today.
    I see you got a new avatar. How cute those two are. Going for the neck? Isn't that part of playing?
    Yesterday - on the spur of the moment, we went to RI to see a friend, who recently had knee replacement. I had started my crockpot with country style ribs in the morning for an easy dinner after work. Coming home, changing and rushing out the door, I forgot to turn off the crockpot. I thought the food must be completely ruined. It was still simmering, when we got back at 11. The meat was falling off the bones, but not dried out. So now we will have pulled pork sandwiches instead. - Pingo

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What a delicious "mistake," Pingo!  

Dogs go for the neck in play, but do cats?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, they do, but with Charlie it really got out of hand, Cheerio wouldn't fight back, just howl when he did that, and eventually started hissing.  It was a nightmare, not play.  The last day here, Charlie and she were catawalling at each other and it was anything but play.  Perhaps she was too old to bring a kitten into the house, she didn't know how to horseplay.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

They're about the same age, right?  I bet they'll be fine - they seem to like each other.

DH is supposed to be home from NH around 1.  I meant to have the vacumming done, but I've goofed off instead so now will try to do what I can in the time I have left.  

Later!

~kar

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I thought that mama cats carry their young by the scruff of the neck

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

They do.  This was not the scruff of the neck, Charlie used to lean his head right around and under and bite her in the throat.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsygreen. Show pumpsygreen's posts

t.t., what a beautiful property! What did they serve,and how many guests? I love Buddahs, so serene to look at. More housecleaning/organizing/purging of closet "stuff" today. I'm making a quick chicken cutlet with vegies and rice dinner, I'd also like to have soup, but I only have canned stuff on hand, and prefer homemade. We have a salon nearby that is open on Sundays, so I'm off to take D.D. there for a fresh coif. It seems to lift her spirits. Take care all! bg

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi bg,

Chicken cutlet, rice and veggies sounds good to me.  I find cooking for one I skip the veggies a lot of the time.

There were 50+ people.  G.T. did all the cooking/prep himself.  Besides the peppermint (which were delicious), lemon, chocolate, and carrot cupcakes, he did the following which were kept warm in serving trays:  a chicken/cheese dish, brown rice, meatballs, kielbasa (he did let me make one of the two crockpots of that), hot mixed veggies, pasta salad, watermelon/fruit boat, rolls, and something else I'm forgetting as I picture the table in my mind.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Holy cow, he's ambitious and talented to do all those lovely things for such a big party.  I bet he was all calm about it, too, unlike my state of mind would have been!  I've never had peppermint cupcakes - was the cake peppermint or just the frosting?  We have a boatload of mint every year which is poking its way up through the mulch en masse, and I don't usually do much with it besides make tea.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes, the cake was peppermint too.  I'm going to ask him about that myself, because they were delicious.  I suspect it was just peppermint extract.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Please let me know if he's willing to share the secret!  I'm not for making too many sweets (so I don't eat them!), but those have inspired me.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

OMG! GT could open a bakery. I am salivating just looking at those cupcakes. Nice set up. I love his improvised cake pedestals.  tt, since they like peppermint try next time you do your saltine/chocs to sprinkle them with crushed peppermint candies  instead of the nuts. So yummy. You won't be sorry  - Pingo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Watching the rerun this afteroon, of the episode of Real housewives of NYC that I had missed, and saw a flash up into the pine tree - the robin has built another nest, this time in the pine tree out front.  Not half as well hidden as the previous nest, I wish her luck.

Like Barry Burbank's weather forecast - 80's by Tuesday - Yah!  Have to get out and get plantings for cemetary and see when my youngest can go up with me and get them in the ground.  Don't know where April and May have disappeared to. 

Actually, Pingo, I don't know that they like peppermint, don't know of anything else he has ever made in that flavor - I think he just was looking for a variety to put out there.  They all certainly were a hit.  My candy, on the other hand, languished on the coffee table in the l.r. where almost noone was - everyone was circulating from the food in the dining room, to the cupcakes in the breakfast room, to the outside tables.  The only hope for my candy was if their friends lingered on into the night, as they are apt to do, and then the fingers would start reaching for that chocolate!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

It's so nice and gloomy

Sections
Shortcuts