Welcome May!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: Welcome May!

Just moved out into the sun to read a couple of chapters - with the wind, it's too cold to sit there.  I'll be so glad when it's warmer weather and I can sit out and read.  

I put a sticker on the backs of my envelopes of mailed cards/letters, and picked up a little tin full of bird/bird's nests/birds' eggs ones today at B&N.  100 in all, so it will take me quite a long while to use them up.  If you happen to see a letter or card with one, you'll know it most likely was sent by me!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

mm, are the tulips still in bloom in the PG or are they past their prime already?  I miss being closer to the city - I used to ride the T in just for the tulips.

tt, my car thermometer said a chilly 65.  With the wind, no surprise you can't sit outside and read.

Seems this chiropractor is going to work out well for me.  He adjusted my neck, and I immediately felt the difference.  I'm spoiled by my aunt's ability so not many make the cut for me, but I think he might.  And, he is starting to get heavily into nutrition and wants the recipe for my latest quinoa creation - 25 minute vegetarian chili.  DH sees him Thursday; I hope he has a similar positive experience.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

So good when you find someone you feel a raport with, Kargiver.  It sounds as tho both you, your husband (hopefully) AND the chiropractor will gain from this interaction.  He'll probably go home tonight and tell his wife, "I met the most interesting patient today - - -".

Bought some different apples than usual last week - they were packaged up and put on the discount cart, tho I don't know why.  Nice and crisp and no blemishes.  I'm wondering if they're winesap - or perhaps gala?  Or maybe Fiji?  Really narrowed the field down, huh? LOL  Anyway, just had one and they're juicy and delicious.

Cheerio is following me from room to room, waiting for me to light so she can snuggle down next to me.  Not yet a while tho, I still want to lug up a lot of stuff that's gotten stacked on the stairs to the 2nd floor.  She loves to get up there with me, goes right to the attic door and works away trying to claw it open.  I think of G.T.'s 2 kits everytime I go up there and wonder how they are doing with all the nooks and grannies to investigate in his old house.  More the mischief with two!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Didn't mean discussing her case per se, but her interest/knowledge in healthy cooking/recipes.

ETA:  Where'd your post go, Robin?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Actually he is not able to discuss her case with his wife or anyone else without a signed consent form.   www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/consumers/index.html

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: Welcome May!:
    [QUOTE]Didn't mean discussing her case per se, but her interest/knowledge in healthy cooking/recipes. ETA:  Where'd your post go, Robin?
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

No worries, I knew what you meant - actually, I hope he thought I was interesting enough to mention...how flattering would that be. :)   I'm excited that he wants to try my whole grain recipe creations to share with his other patients.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar have you been having back.neck pain?  I was in a car accident and had whip lash and saw a chiropractor for awhile.  He got me feeling like myself again.  Good luck to Mr kargivier with his appointment.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I was responding to Robin's post, Kargiver, when I posted her post was there and then it disappeared and then reappeared after my post - crazy boards - at least with Chrome I'm not having any problems Yeah Chrome!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I thought so, tt, but still I wanted you to know I knew what you meant.

Winter, I have been rear ended 3 times in my adult life, and each time my neck gets worse from minor whiplash.  Chiropractic is the only thing that helps me, but I've been spoiled by my aunt - she is truly the BEST and no one else I've been to measures up and I quit seeing them.  But, her being 500 miles away is a problem, and I'm sick of having headaches and even mild pain.  So, I'm giving another doc a try.  I like him a lot so far, thankfully, thanks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, Happy Google Chrome is working for you.  Works great for me too.  Winter LOVE your drapery.  Kar, sorry to hear you are having neck problems.  I had neck problems years ago before they figured out Ergonomics in the work place.  Very painful thing.  And last, but not least, Happy Birthday to Gracie girl!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, ag! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Got an email from G.T. that he is bringing down some morning glory seeds, a moonflower planting that has sprung up in his garden, and some dahlia bulbs. Please, please rain, hold off long enough for him to get them in the ground Sunday.

Reheating the last of my mac and cheese tonight.  Have the hungry horrors this afternoon and have had my fingers into everything.  May have to make a pudding of some sort to finish off my supper.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar,
    I just posted "my" scones recipe for you at the Recipes to Contribute thread. Do hope you and other Chatters will try them. They were so easy to make. If you can make a pie crust, you can make these. - Pingo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've got the munchies this afternoon, too, tt.  Happily, I picked up some fresh mandarine oranges at TJs after my appointment so have been snacking on those.  So sweet and juicy!  Better than the Clementines imo.

Pingo, I'll give the scones a try this weekend.  Thanks! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Mandarin oranges? At TJ's? Have to scoot over there tmw.
    Good luck with the scones. Hope they come out as well as mine. Don't know, how they will turn out using spelt though. - Pingo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

I forgot it was May and posted under April.....bad day I guess.
    I used to stock up a lot on a lot of things that we use a lot of, but now I find I have trouble going up and down stairs, and thats where all my stock used to be, I am slowly emptying the shelves, only things down there now are paper goods and cleaning products. I will still occasionally stock up, especially if there is a good sale and a coupon.  I get coupons from my pen pal in NC and there coupons are higher in value than ours, they don't double either, so she sends me all the high value ones on stuff I use. 4c Planko seasoned bread crumbs were on sale at SS for 2 for $3.00, my $1.00 cpn made  them $1.00 ea.  SS

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]I hear all these MIL stories and guess I must be quite spoiled by mine being fun to be around.  My funniest MIL story is when she was trying to help in the kitchen and unloaded and dried all the only-rinsed dishes from the dishwasher.  I had to laugh and put them all back in to be washed for real.  Thankfully, she didn't know where anything went so she piled them all up on the island instead of putting all the dirty dishes away .  LOL
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Would someone please tell me what the acronym MIL stands for?

From the context of the above message, I am guessing it stands for "millionaire-in-law"

But that cant possibly be right, is it??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Fell asleep after dinner.  Hope I'm not up all night now.  Had left over roast beef from the dinner I made Saturday.  Haven't cooked a roast with all the trimmings for awhile and it was good, if I say so myself.  

pingo, I have not had the lobster bisque at HT, but I will next time I go.  I usually skip over the soups at brunch so I'm not sure if they offer it on Sundays or not.  My mandevilla is not dead but it looks like it's on life support.  I put it outside anyway.  We'll see.....

tt, I'm not sure if they are open for lunch, but their brunch is wonderful - dinner, too.  I highly recommend them. Any occasion is made special by the quality of their food and service.

kar, the tulips were beautiful today in the PG.  I was a half hour late getting back because I did the full loop and took it all in.  It was a nice day and the swan boats were full.  I love standing on the bridge and watching them pass   under. Magnolias have gone by, but some type of cherry blossom and dogwoods are flourishing.  

mothermitzi    

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

mm, I can just imagine the PG...the tulips are breathtaking.  Too bad it's a 70 mile drive...

Ache, so glad you found another humorous outlet in my in-laws. ;)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Thursby,

MIL = mother-in-law

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    So good to have you back, mm. I am glad to hear your Mandeville is not completely dead. It will come back then. Just start to water it well,but don't give it any fertilizer until it gets back some strength. Hope yours will flourish just like mine.I have now the mother plant and two babies. All doing well. I put them out; now just hoping it doesn't get colder that it has been the last few nights. If it does, I will have to bring them back in. I am watching the thermometer.
    How is your tree doing? The one that broke a large branch during a storm. Were you able to save it with a pipe clamp?
    tt, I hope you get your finch sack soon. I had 7 finches earlier this morning. I tried to take a picture, standing very quietly at my window waiting for them, but every time I move the camera to focus - they fly away. They are so pretty and so much fun to watch. How is your robin doing - any news?
    Yesterday afternoon, I found the empty shell of a tiny baby turtle in the seed dish. It was not even an inch long. The birds must have brought him. Maybe a bluejay.
    The birds are fed; now time for breakfast for DH and me. - Pingo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Reindeer,
    Don't you think he already knew? He just needed a way to get in his version.
    - Pingo

[QUOTE]Thursby, MIL = mother-in-law
    Posted by reindeergirl[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

He's enjoying the photos of my in-laws' condo a little more than I expected. ;)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

No news yet on the baby robins.  She's on the nest most of the time, always at night, but leaves now and then to go out back for worms and sometimes just to sit in the pine tree that overhangs the topiary.  I'm hoping when they're mowing the lawn and trimming the edges, the noise doesn't scare her away.  A couple of years she nested in the smaller topiary that sits on the edge of my driveway, butting onto the street.  That was really fun because I literally could look in and see the little babies, until one morning, she had moved them. - - That's what I choose to believe happened to them anyway.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Maybe they just flew away?  Thanks for the robin update!  I'm still holding out hope for a photo of the little open mouths someday soon. :)

Sections
Shortcuts