Where are you princess, circles, and Leasy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Where are you princess, circles, and Leasy

I hope no one minds if we start a new thread. 

putt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: Where are you princess, circles, and Leasy

Of course not! I have been missing these contributers too. Just hope everything is well with them. Princess has been in the hospital for the past two weeks, Leasyll is doing fine (I have been e-mailing w/ her), but I don' t know about Circles. Just hope her candle business has been taking off, and that she is too busy for the Chat.

[QUOTE]I hope no one minds if we start a new thread.  putt
    Posted by putt1[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good idea, Putt

Perhaps the heading will stand out more and they'll be quicker to see it and respond.  I'm most worried about Princess - she had told us she had been quite sick.  If you're home, Princess, please just post a line or two to let us know you're on the mend.  We miss you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Thank you all for thinking of me.  I am finally home - after a month in the hsp.  I have Crohn's disease and it is giving me a hard time.  Still have some things to follow up on, but I am so happy to be home.  The good that came out of it is I now cherish the "little things" in life.

Thanks again for your posts - I am happy to be back!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi princess -

I bet the pooches missed you.  Animals are great healers. Two good friends of mine (brother and sister) have Crohn's and have been in remission for many years now.  The first couple of outbreaks were very hard for them but once the doctor got it under control, they've been ok.  I know every case is different, and having to go to the hospital for a long time must have been very hard on you and your husband. Take care.

mothermitzi

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Princess -

hope you feel better every day!  May the effects of your hospital stay be like today's rain to the plants - a beneficial unpleasantness.  Let's hope the sun of health shines for you a while.

Hats

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi Princess,

How are you doing?  Hope things have stabilized for you.  Had you known you had Crohn's before this flare up?  Haven't heard from you since your initial post, and hope you are gradually getting back on your feet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

[QUOTE]Hi Princess, How are you doing?  Hope things have stabilized for you.  Had you known you had Crohn's before this flare up?  Haven't heard from you since your initial post, and hope you are gradually getting back on your feet.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]
    Thanks TT - you are very sweet to think of me.  I am hanging in there - still some issues to work on, but at least I am home.  I did know I have Crohn's, and actually had surgery for it about 20 years ago.  Considering the stats, I guess I am lucky.  Hope everything is well with you!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning, Princess
    You and I are early birds this morning!  Hope you will be able to get out and enjoy today, the forecast says it will be warm, sunny, and the best day of the week-end.  I will be spiffing up the house - seems as tho this house always needs an awfully lot of "spiffing up", for just one cat and me living here, but a couple of the girls I used to work with will be picking me up tomorrow, and you know how that is.  Want everything to sparkle.  We are taking one car and driving out to a friend's in Burlington, who then will do the driving for the 4 of us out to western MA to G.T.'s.  The "girls" have wanted to see his gardens, and he has invited us out to lunch.  They have all been out to his previous homes, but have not yet seen this home.  It will be a nice dry run for them for when they go to his party this Christmas.

Have been ready to throw this computer out the window, it has been so slow in getting into sites, but finally ran the virus check last night and it quarantined 11 viruses, so Heaven only knows what damage they have done while roaming around in here.  Will have to give my computer guy a call, I guess, and have him come in and replace whatever they have knocked out.  I don't understand how they get in here, I do very little web searching except for recipes, medical, flowers, books, the usual, and no buying on line.  Probably sneak in on some of the multiple forwarded jokes etc. I get.  My nephew in AZ sends me a lot of junk that has like 10,000 multiple addresses before it gets to me, and I suppose they ride in on some of those.  In fact, I see there are 2 this morning that I haven't yet opened.  Guess I'll just hit "delete".  Ah, well, small problem, I guess, but just annoying.

Cheerio has been fed, and now is sitting here washing up, waiting for her bowl of milk.  I'm going to get a head start and shower and dress before I do anything else - I find once I'm dressed I am energetic to start my chores.  So glad to see you back on the boards.  You have made many friends here and I hope you will feel free to talk about your illness and your ups and downs.  We ladies (and Ken) are a supportive group.  Wishing you a good day today.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

TT
    Yes, I try to be supportive so
    Princess, I am glad you are back and feeling better. We do miss you here

ANd TT
    I have about 6 anti-virus etc programs on my computer, some of them running all the time and some I run every Friday morning. It's an absolute neccessity these days. And you don't have to spend a lot of money to get them either. SPYBOT, and AD AWARE are free down loads, and very safe, and reliable. I also use Norton's which costs about $40 a year, but one of the best in the field. Also I use Super Ad blocker, which I paid for, but it is forever and also widely accepted and safe. I would not get on the internet for any reason on my computer without some anti-virus programs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks, Ken.  I too have SPYBOT, that's what I finally ran last night and what captured the 11 viruses, or Trojans.  This computer came with Symantec Anti virus (which costs nothing) which I run every once in a while, but all that ever comes up on that is some right media browser which I have it delete.  Don't know what the heck I'm doing, but I figure if it's telling me it shouldn't be there - it shouldn't be there.  I never get pop ups or ads, or really unwanted emails.  The spam catches all those before I ever see them, and apparently by the names of the senders (I go in now and then and peek), some of them are quite explicit websites!  I must say the computer is running a lot faster this morning as I maneuver from my email site to Boston.com and my game site.  I'll try it for a couple of days before putting in a call to the computer guy.  Hate to put out the money unless I feel they have really deleted part of my set up.  Love my computer and the resources it makes available to me - and the Chat, of course.

Have a good day.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

TT - sounds like a great day for you.  I have been outside and it is so nice.  Amazing what a little sunshine can do for all of us!  Although, Ken, you may be wishing for a rainy day.

Hope to get out and do so pruning and enjoy the weather.  Have a great day!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

[QUOTE]TT - sounds like a great day for you.  I have been outside and it is so nice.  Amazing what a little sunshine can do for all of us!  Although, Ken, you may be wishing for a rainy day. Hope to get out and do so pruning and enjoy the weather.  Have a great day!
    Posted by princess-cal[/QUOTE]

The official start for the Monsoon season here is this Tuesday. Then we should e getting rain very soon. I hope so because lately the rel. humidity has been around 4%.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I really recommend McAfee anti-virus.  Yes it costs a bit, but it is really good.  They update it almost every day so that it catches all the new viruses.  Costs much less than having someone come in to fix the computer! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I know not what I do, computer-wise, Hats, just that when I was at a complete standstill last year, and called in a young man my son has "clean" his computer yearly, he put in SPYBOT, and said, "Oh good, you've got Symantec, it's a lot better than the others."  He told me to run them periodically, but time goes by so fast, you know. These viruses may have knocked out the automatic updates of these two programs. Thank you for the suggestion, I will make a note of McAfee in my computer folder.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

[QUOTE]I know not what I do, computer-wise, Hats, just that when I was at a complete standstill last year, and called in a young man my son has "clean" his computer yearly, he put in SPYBOT, and said, "Oh good, you've got Symantec, it's a lot better than the others."  He told me to run them periodically, but time goes by so fast, you know. These viruses may have knocked out the automatic updates of these two programs. Thank you for the suggestion, I will make a note of McAfee in my computer folder.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

I have a folder icon right on my desktop entitled "run Friday" and in it are all the anti-virus etc programs that I do EVERY friday morning. I would not go on the internet without doing them every week and having symantec running all the time

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

Hello all!
    Happy Fall to you
    Thought I would drop in and say hello. Things have been very hectic. I finally found a job and a second one quickly followed, so I've been working 60 hours a week plus my shop and family life.
    However, I just gave my notice at one job to spend more time with the family and reduce stress, so hopefully I will be around here more :) My shop is still up and running and I've been filling a couple of orders a week.
    Hope everyone is well!
    With love,
    circles

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good to see your post, Circles.

I wasn't supposed to be home today, was going leaf peeping with friends, but got up a bit under the weather this morning.  Since their usual leaf viewing drives involve 12 hours or more, I cancelled.  Nothing worse than being stuck in a car if you start to feel ill.  Glad to hear your business is still doing good.  I would think this time of year with gift giving coming up, orders would start picking up.  Hopefully so.

Was glad I was home mid afternoon to get a call from my DIL, asking me if I wanted to go to the Londonderry Fair tomorrow.  That's one I've not been to before, so I'm looking forward to that.  I imagine it's like the Christmas Fair we go to in Boston, all different vendors with new crafts each year.

Good luck with your candles, and hope to see more postings from you now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi circles -

Glad to see your post after a long absence.  Working two jobs, I can understand though.  I went through a period like that once - not fun.  I'm glad to hear your home business is thriving.  I hope that continues for you through the holidays.  Check in when you can.  We've missed your posts.

mothermitzi

Sections
Shortcuts