Where's July 2012?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Where's July 2012?

Whole threads are missing - what's going on?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Re: Where's July 2012?

Good morning TT--just another BDC trick for us !
    Off to work-have a good day-hope they get July back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Weird! I don't see it, either. What could possibly explain that?! Tulips, good to see you! Here I am on the run, again, but you know my Monday morning drill...more this afternoon. Had good time w/SIL despite rain which we were so thankful for. Hope everyone else had a great weekend, too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Hmmmm - Very strange.  Well, at least we are at the end of July so we'll be able to start an August thread soon.

Went to dinner w/FIL last night.  It was interesting as I thought it would be.  As you all know, due to health issues, I struggle with my weight.  A lot of people don't understand that being underweight can be just as difficult, etc. as being over weight.  I am very sensitive/self-conscious about it.  Anyway, when I walked in the door, into the banquet room, the first thing he yelled across the room is "Hey, "princess_cal" how much do you weigh?"  Can you believe it???  The thing is, I can believe it from him.  You wouldn't ask someone overweight that question. . wait, you wouldn't ask ANYONE that question?  Oh well, as DH said, that's just the way he is.  They are heading back to FL today, whew.  His poor wife is a saint!

Found a couple of options for Tillie (boot camp, etc, lol).  Will keep you posted.

Anyway, enough about me, what's on the docket this week everyone?  How were your weekends??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morining everyone.  Boy did the weekend go by very fast. PC, sorry you were asked about your weight, that's very frustrating.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, Princess.  How thoughtless of your FIL.  But, you know he's probably oblivious and is just someone who wants to be the center of attention.  I'd ask my DH to privately put a bug in his ear that it's embarrassing to you, and not to bring it up in the future.

A boot camp for Tillie?  Oh my.  Did this come as a suggestion from the vet?  I would think it's your other dog she needs training with.  No guarantee when she comes back from her training with these other dogs she'll transfer what she's learned on your long suffering dog.

Gorgeous morning.  The sky is empty of clouds and the air feels and smells so clean.  Evidently missed Harry earlier this morning, but going out to make a second cup of coffee a few minutes ago, there he was.  Eats and runs.

Have to watch the weather forecast and pick a good looking day and see if my cousin wants to take a ride to Kittery.  Want to hit the Eddie Bauer outlet for some more tops.  Going through my ironing pile the other day realized how much longer they last than the ones I've been getting in a local dept. store.  Some of Eddie's are eons old and look as good as new.  Don't think I even got up there last year.  Have been holding back because of my 15 year old car and leery of something happening to it along the way.  Silly, because I take good care of it and have a good garage man who keeps on top of everything.  Letting opportunities to go and have a good time slide by.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

@ princess-cal  If your vet suggests medication in conjunction with training,  I would consider it.

There are a lot of misconceptions about “drugs” used to help dog aggression. Here is the reality about medications prescribed to dog’s to help with aggressive behavior.

Medications for aggression:

• allow your dog to be calmer and less fearful so your the dog to be in a better position to learn.
    • rarely will eliminate symptoms without other treatment methods such as behavior modification
    • are not a quick fix
    • don’t change your dog’s personality
    • don’t sedate your dog or make your dog dopey
    • don’t cause addictions
    • If your dog doesn’t need them, they will not work

The medications often need some time before their full affects will have an impact (often up to two months) and may need to be prescribed a minimum of 6 months depending on the situation. The medications often need to be “ramped” up or down when starting the medication and finishing the medication. This means they will start on a small dose and slowly start to increase the amount over time that the dog takes, or when coming off the medication, reduce the dose or the frequency it’s taken. Side effects are more likely during the ramping on and off phases.

Tests prior to putting the dog on medication are a good idea to establish a baseline. That way if a medication is impacting the dog in some other way, there is something to compare the results to prior to the dog being on the medication.

Which medication(s) and how much depends on a number of factors including the problems and symptoms presented (this may include more than just aggression), genetics, and the dog’s physiological make up. The dog needs to be carefully monitored and sometimes the dose will need to be changed or the medication changed altogether. In some cases more than one medication may be prescribed.

Here are some of the medication that are more typically used to treat behavior disorders that include aggression in dogs. It is not a comprehensive list and your veterinary behaviorist may recommend other medications instead or as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Whatever happened to a good swat and a "bad dog!?"  Dogs should either be trainable or, if not, sent to the farm.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Yeah, I'm highly against druging my dogs (or "sending them to the farm", lol).  We do spank her (of course not too hard), and that does work some.

We are going to do everything it takes to train her properly.  We refuse to give up on her.  I think that's how so many dogs end up in shelters as is.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Finding our whole July thread among the missing, maybe we could all do with a little chuckle this Monday morning?  You've probably heard this one before, but I think it will bring a little smile anyway -

The hairdresser's client seemed depressed so she told her, "Cheer up.  I knew a guy who owed $5,000 he couldn't pay.  He drove his vehicle to the edge of a cliff where he sat for over an hour.  A group of concerned citizens heard about his problem and passed a hat around.  Relieved, the man pulled back from the cliff's edge."

"That's incredible, said the client.  "Who were these kind people?"

"The passengers on the bus."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks for the chuckle tt.  PC I hope the training works for Tille.  When does her boot camp start?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Want another?

A husband and wife were talking and the wife asked, "If I were the first to die, would you remarry?"

"I suppose," said the husband.

"Would she live in my house?" asked his wife

"I suppose," replied the husband.

"Would she drive my car?"  she asked.

"Yes, I suppose so, " he replied.

"And use my golf clubs?"  his wife asked

"Oh, no.  She's left handed."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

@ princess-cal   Some dogs may need medication in order for behavior modification to take effect. Despite owners best efforts, some dogs are simply far too anxious to be able to learn properly. Medications might help these dogs to think more normally and can help them learn better

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Reply from BDC Dottie in the BDC column re where missing posts have gone -

"We're are in the process of transitioning from the company that supplies these forums to our own forums, built by us, so it may be related to that."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I like that one too. :) 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

The BDC kicked up posts today starting May of  2012????? A&E, Lifestyle....etc

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Whole July 2012 thread missing? That's unbelievable! Or actually it is not. These forums have been crazy for a long time. BDC building their own forum? Hopefully, they have a crew, who knows what they are doing. Whoever hired the past ones, certainly did not.
    Princess, I am sorry you have to be taunted like this by your FIL. Can't you be prepared with a comeback, that put him in his place? Like "not as much as you" f.ex. Some people are just like that. But that is not an excuse - it still hurts. My DH's brother is like that. He used hurt me,  but I found a way to deal with it and tell myself, he is the one, who has a problem - not me.
    Liked your chuckles, tt. Have already send them to friends, whom I know will enjoy them.
    Staying home today getting ready for son's arrival. Lots of grocery shopping to do. My freezer is all clean and defrosted - ready to be filled again.
    Have a good day - chat later.
    - Pingo

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Whole month of posts missing??  Oh, Oh, someone goofed. Pingo, passeed your hint on about the mothballs and dog hair to a customer at Lowes yesterday, they remarked we don't have a dog, I mentioned going to a groomers place and asking for some hair from the ground> I love sitting here and watching the birds at the feeder, no squirrels....MM...the orioles come each day, sometimes only one of them....they have a nest in one of my trees, some of the birds are so pretty, I have a book and a chart on the shelf next to my computer so I can look them up.
    My DHs nephews wife had a boy, 8lbs6ozs...his brothers wife who is due in Oct. has been ordered to bed rest in the hospital, she has a tear in her placenta.hope everything comes out okay for them.
    tt...bookstore is having a huge sale, 50 and 40% off, so I dare go again, any rain in the future??  take care and keep smiling, ss

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Do you dare go again, SS?  Not until you've made a dent in the mountain of books you already have waiting!  LOL

Went to Lynn this morning to order another pair of these SAS's, and poked a bit in the Big Lots next door.  Found an adorable book about a little girl named Lily who is always saying, "NO" - not that our Lilly does that, but I thought she would get a kick out of it.  A bear comes to visit and says "NO" to everything she tells him to do - - know how the story ends -- when her Mom comes home there's no more "NO" being said by Lily!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

That sounds like a cute book, tt. I am sure Lily will love it.
    If you don't mind me asking, what does the Lynn store charge for SAS shoes? I went to their flag store in SA, and of course they had each and every shoe in all withs, colors and sizes. But I was told by the sales person, that the retail stores sells them cheaper. She even suggested to go to a couple of different stores in SA, but since I was dependent on my son taking me, I didn't feel, he had to run around several places to save a few bucks. I am looking for another pair of sandals and was thinking of have my son pick them up for me and mail them to me. SAS do have a web site, but you can't order them from there.
    Enjoy your sandals - Pingo

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

What a cute book tt.  You are such a thoughtful GM.  So far for Saturday's pool party I have this food coming from the guests...Pita chips and dip, chocolate cake, Jerk Chicken, potato salad, and sausage, peppers and onions.  Guess I will make a pasta salad and we'll get some fruit.  We will be supplying, hamburgers, hotdogs and steak tips. Won't have any non meat eaters, so I think that's enough stuff.  I think there are 12 of us. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Wow, that sounds delicious.  What a great selection people are bringing.  How about getting a whole watermelon, saw-tooth cutting it in half and filling with various fresh cut up fruits?  Makes a nice presentation.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pingo, I didn't order another pair of sandals, ordered the white ones with velcrow that resemble sneakers in style.  Each store has their own sales that they promote.  I went back to Pennyworth's on Boston St. in Lynn, where I got the 2 pairs a year ago.  They are having their what they call side walk sale - $20.00 off, so I paid $119 for these.  There is also a Herman's in Tewksbury that is the same store as Pennyworth's, but as I've posted before, when my boys were little we always went to P's to get all their skates and hockey equipment.  Originally they were on Munroe St. in downtown Lynn and carry all kinds of sporting equipment and clothes.  Being an old West Lynner, loyalty to one's own, you know.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, that sounds like an excellent price. I should probably take a look over there, before I ask DH to get me some. Terrible, you get so spoiled with the SAS shoes, that your feet don't feel comfortable in anything else. Thanks - Pingo

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I don't look at it that way, since wearing these my back and knees have been so much better.  Cheap way of getting out of it, especially since there'a a ruptured disc involved.

Sections
Shortcuts