Where's July 2012?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: Where's July 2012?

tt, I was thinking of doing that if I get a chance Saturday morning.  I have to work Friday and people will be over at 2 on Saturday. BUT that is my plan :) 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Time consuming, but it is so beautiful, and such a nice cool dessert to put in your mouth after all the regular cookout fare.  Kids like it too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I have gotten nothing done since I got home this afternoon, save scoop the cat's litter box.  Ate the last of my peaches from last week, so looking forward to the farmers' market again tomorrow.  Hope I'm in time for some tomatoes this week too.  If I can get around early enough, maybe I'll hit that first thing.  Reheating the stirfry I made the other day for supper.

Want to catch the weather again tonight.  Getting gas when I went out this morning, garage guy said tomorrow was supposed to be the good (rain free) day of the week.  I hadn't heard that.  If so, may see if my cousin can hit Kittery tomorrow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I haven't gotten a thing done, either. Came home with TJ's groceries, put those away, went out to lunch, and came home and actually napped for two hours, sooooo sleepy couldn't do anything but that. Dad called soon after that so I'm just starting the days chores...ugh. Princess, I had trouble keeping weight on through my 20s and was constantly fielding inappropriate remarks. I think people like that honestly believe they are being cute because they can't fathom that there's such a thing as too thin in our thinness obsessed world. By their logic they are giving you a compliment. Not that that's a good reason to get away with it, and I agree that your dh could let his father know better. But, be prepared for him to not get it and wonder how anyone can have a problem with being "complimented." I've dealt with people like him, and the response is essentially universal if they are that dense (emotionally speaking) as to say it in the first place they are too dense to get that it's not ok. Winter, sounds like a fabulous spread for your party!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

iPad froze, argh. Tt, I think shoes are of paramount importance especially if there is a back or other joint problem. I don't have any guilt on spending for shoes that help my hip problem not be debilitating. Glad you have some that work well for you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt,
    Have you ever been to the Wrentham outlets? It is the same distance as Kittery and very easy to find. They have many more stores and the shopping is a lot easier. You don't have to keep cris crossing that terrible Rt. 1, since you park your car and can reach everything in one place. Also if you are AARP or AAA menber, you get a 10 - 20% off depending on the store. Just show your card. Another plus, they will keep your merchandise until you leave, so you don't have to carry it around while shopping. When you are done shopping, you take your car and they will bring it to you at the the rear of the stores. Just a suggestion for you to try sometime in the future. - Pingo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pingo, I've gone to Wrentham a couple of times with my Newton DIL.  I have to be honest, I don't find the stores there that I shop in.  It seems to be the more expensive ones.  At Kittery I enjoy the kitchen stores, Tote, Crate and Barrel, Eddie Bauer's (my main reason for going), Liz Claiborne (always searching for another marked down treasure), and of course Yummy's and Capt whatever's where we get the lobster rolls.  AND, I love the ride to Kittery and the feeling that I am getting closer to my beloved Weirs, even if it is veering off.  Love the water there by the sides of the road - I guess, more my class - down to Earth.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I love Wrenthem, Pingo. If you take you show your AAA card at the info office you can get a AAA discount pamphlet; it tells you what stores gives what discount, if any. I love that you can park and walk to everything, unlike kittery where you are in and out of the car and traffic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I don't get to the outlets much.  I'll be headed out soon hopefully BDC is working properly today.  It's taken me a couple of time to get each post posted. Have a good night everyone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I don't shop offline much, actually. I go to Wrentham maybe once or twice a year with my SIL. She is the shopper, lol. I just hope once bdc is managing the forums that all these ridiculous bugs get taken care of. Have a god night, winter.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, the forecast looks good for tomorrow, so even tho she went to a new mall in NH with her niece today, a lot of the same stores, she's game to head to Kittery. No Eddie Bauer at the one her niece drove to today.  Now I have to find my sunglasses.  Missed them today and have no idea where I would have put them except in my pocketbook - not there.  Hope the stores are ready for us - we're ready to shop! 

ETA:  Sunglasses were right in the pocket in my pocketbook meant to hold them!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Living here in the boonies, I shop on amazon for stuff I used to not think twice about going to the store for when i lived in framingham, as you can imagine. Groceries, clothes, etc. Just bought a pair of Levi's I'm eager for. Had to just throw out two pairs for being too worn out to even be good for the donation bin, and I don't have any to spare...must be replaced. I hope they fit...that's obviously the risk. Eating, freezing, and giving away tomatoes. No, no canning yet...scared to get started, and today I didnt feel well, anyway, and slept the afternoon away. Anyway, the toms are the best we've ever had, not a blemish...they look like movie props! ETA: we're posting at the same time tonight, tt. :) I look for Eddie Bauer, too..they fit my curves nicely, no gap at the wasit. None around me, though, and I read reviews on the jeans recently that make me leery about ordering online...many said "not like they used to be," and the last time I bought any was about 5 years ago.