Y&R And Other Assorted Programs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Y&R And Other Assorted Programs

Well, I can see where this discussion is going, and I know that some of the regular Chatters are not interested in this show or television in general. Don't want to bore everybody to tears in the daily threads.  I hadn't watched Y&R since the late 1970's but watched a couple of episodes after tt mentioned it a few months ago. I started watching again and now tivo the show, along with the NBC Nightly News. Admittedly, I can only watch bits and pieces because some of it is just too ridiculous. Yes, Sharon is what she is, and I secretly love what Phyllis did to her.  Nick needs a reality slap, which he will never get because then the show would not be interesting!  I fast forward through the Kevin and Amber affair and the couple who are trying to adopt the girl.  Don't find it juicy enough I guess! Probably watch half of the show.  After that, it's time for a glass of red wine and a book before bed.

mothermitzi      

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: Y&R And Other Assorted Programs

The couple (Neil and Karen) who were trying to adopt the girl and HAD won custody before Neil stood up and said he thought Anna should stay with Tanya(?), have split.  Good riddance, I didn't really care for her, and am not too fond of him either.  I leave the room when his daughter and what-his-name are on too.  I like the older characters and the messes they get themselves into.  Not too much focusing on Nikki these days.  Don't quite see Murphy really fitting into Mrs. C's lifestyle.  That's really a stretch.  I do like her character tho, and the way she stays the matriach of the family and family business.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

His name is Cain, isn't it?  Is he Jill's son?  I agree with you on the other points.

mothermitzi

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

YellYa Cain...Why doesn't he just let go....Nick is an idiot....He would not last long in the same house with Icer....I don't know if I like Jill...shes been a bit much lately.

I am not always crazy about Victor either..I do like Amber though

Sharon GRRRRRR

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes, It's Cain.  Not too fond of those two.

Put Bravo on and the reruns of RHofNYC are on, so hoping possibly at the 9:00 showing it will be last night's episode that I missed.  Had a couple of phone calls, but now the phone should be quiet for the night.  People know not to call me too much after 8:00.

Shutting the computer off for the night, so TTYL, as in tomorrow, ladies.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, It's Cain.  Not too fond of those two. Put Bravo on and the reruns of RHofNYC are on, so hoping possibly at the 9:00 showing it will be last night's episode that I missed.  Had a couple of phone calls, but now the phone should be quiet for the night.  People know not to call me too much after 8:00. Shutting the computer off for the night, so TTYL, as in tomorrow, ladies.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

Nicely done TT...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Love that pic even more, Icer, even tho we can't see her face.  What a cutey.  One of my sons used to have a cat named Brahms who loved the bathroom sink.  I have a pic of myself standing in front of their bathroom mirror putting on makeup, and  Brahms laying on his back in the sink, waiting for attention.  I think he liked the coolness of the porcelain.

Tuesday's rerun was on last night, but what a disappointng episode - one of their worst, I thought, really disjointed.  Only a couple more and then it's switching over to a new one - The Real Housewives of New Jersey.  I've seen previews of that and it's not one I would like.

Trying to get around early today and out, doing some errands before going to my g.f.'s.  Hope you all have a good one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Thank you for the "Baby" compliment TT...When I took the picture I took 3...I will display them in order..and leave them for a while.

As i wrote on another thread, she won't drink her water in a dish...we have one of those water fountain/bubller things for her but she likes the water fresh from the tap.

Today is my library day...the librarian told me she ended up with 31 children registered for our event...wish me luck(crossing fingers)Kiss

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

"Today is my library day...the librarian told me she ended up with 31 children registered for our event...wish me luck(crossing fingers)Kiss
    Icer"

When are you going to tell us what your contribution to the activities is?  Decorated cupcakes?  Are you taking a pic of them all made?  That would be a cute avatar.  I know you'll have a fun day with the little ones.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning tt, mm and Icer -
    I am not much of a TV person and I don't know much about the shows you are talking about - except the titles.
    I had a chuckle though reading your posts. Seems you do not like the caracteers and large parts of the shows ------ Hmmmm! Just wondering why you still keep watching them. There must be something good about them. Maybe a good way to doze off. LOL

Icer, that little kitty of yours is so cute, but I liked the first pix of baby better.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi Pingo,

These are not shows you doze off with - I love them because they are so different from my life.  On Y&R a lot of the characters have been there for years, since the beginning of the show and are such attractive people living complicated lives that's it's fascinating to me, watching how the plots evolve.  It's like watching a program and shouting, "Don't open that door, don't you know what's behind it? - then, "I told you not to open it."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

[QUOTE]"Today is my library day...the librarian told me she ended up with 31 children registered for our event...wish me luck(crossing fingers) Icer" When are you going to tell us what your contribution to the activities is?  Decorated cupcakes?  Are you taking a pic of them all made?  That would be a cute avatar.  I know you'll have a fun day with the little ones.

I did photobucket ...the cupcakes that it...I think its the first 9 pictures if you are interested...here it is!

http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x148/icer-photo/

I guess edit part deux...The screen maybe different for everybody...Theres a search option...image search is what you are looking for type in icer-photo...It will tell you it finds no matches..but if you scroll down a bit it says...do you mean icer-photo images...click on that...
    <<<<<look that way for new folders....I tried to put them by themselves

Edit.. when I did this to test it out...they had done one of those slideshows with the info...way to the left of the screen...sometimes those po up things hide stuff

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

To tt and Icer,
    I get you tt - facinating lives. Personally I would just have been bored, since TV is all make believe (IMO). Maybe I am such a dud, not believing much of what is shown on TV.
    Last night Mr. P put on a movie after we watched our TiVo-ed news. I fell sound asleep in my chair. As ou can see, I am not a good TV person. If someone stole and carried out my TV - I would never miss it.
    Icer, somehow I cannot open your photo bucket this time. I do open it, but I get a lot of nonsense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi tt -

You just know Jill is going to do something bad bad bad at the wedding!  Who do you think put Sabrina's dress out for Ashley to wear?  I bet it was Victor.  He's such a weirdo.

mothermitzi

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi mothermitzi

The BIG news is that Sharon is pregnant!!!!  Now, which one of her escapades produced this????

Victor's son that is living with them is behind the dress, and the baby crying that she heard, I think.  I think  he is aware of Ashley's past mental breakdown and is trying to cause another.  Of course, it could be the housekeeper, but I don't think so.

Friday showed Jill had been hogtied up in the closet so she wouldn't cause a disruption.  Tomorrow's episode will be a bundle of information on all fronts!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Yes Sharon is prego...The twists and turns( wringing hands)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Old Nick boy, better not be the father!  Probably it's Billy - or could it be Jack?  Will we have to wait 9 months to find out?  Not in TV life.  Another month or two and the little bundle will make an appearance - that is, unless, Phyllis upsets Sharon so much that it causes a miscarriage, in which case Nick would definitely leave Phyllis to console poor lil Sharon for their child that might have been.

Another question to put out there - who is this new consultant that Victor arranged to have plastic surgery and to get "close" to Jack????  Who do you think she used to be?  Could she be one of Jack's previous wives?  He said on one episode recently that he had been married 5 times.  She knew all about the picture in the study, even before she had ever gone into that room.  Hmmmmmm.  The plot thickens . . . . . . . .

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

[QUOTE]Old Nick boy, better not be the father!  Probably it's Billy - or could it be Jack?  Will we have to wait 9 months to find out?  Not in TV life.  Another month or two and the little bundle will make an appearance - that is, unless, Phyllis upsets Sharon so much that it causes a miscarriage, in which case Nick would definitely leave Phyllis to console poor lil Sharon for their child that might have been. Another question to put out there - who is this new consultant that Victor arranged to have plastic surgery and to get "close" to Jack????  Who do you think she used to be?  Could she be one of Jack's previous wives?  He said on one episode recently that he had been married 5 times.  She knew all about the picture in the study, even before she had ever gone into that room.  Hmmmmmm.  The plot thickens . . . . . . . .
    I am curious about that woman too....it will be on soon, so maybe we'll find out soon....It has been pretty good lately

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Thank goodness, Kevin is better now and that ridiculous chipmunk or whatever it was has gone away.  That drove me nuts!  Don't tell me what happens today because I won't see it until tonight. 

mothermitzi

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I will only say this - Paul is suspicious of that consultant, and he is like a dog with a bone when he gets onto something.  He'll investigate until he finds out who she really is (was).  And, I'll say this, Victor always wants what he thinks someone else wants, so it will be interesting to see the turn of events between him and Nikki. - Now, my lips are sealed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I missed a lot of it today...but I am formulating theories....I did like Mrs. C todaySealed

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Don't remember if there is anyone else, who like me, watches Real Housewives of NYC, but while I was sitting in the receptionist area waiting for an appt. today I happened to pick up an earlier copy of "People" magazine.  Luann was interviewed about "the count", and said she and her husband had been in a trial separation, apparently her doing since he was spending less and less time at home and she thought absence might make the heart grow fonder . . . . unfortunately, Simon saw something on line that mentioned "the Count" being see about town (in Europe) with another woman on his arm.  Luann called him and he didn't return her call.  Instead, she did receive an email saying that he was dating an Ethiopian woman and was very happy.

Just a tidbit for anyone interested.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Mothermitzi, if you haven't watched yesterday's episode yet, don't read this.

Icer, did you catch it?  A lot of subplots going on there:
    - Will Sharon eventually tell Nick?  He's sees himself as such a macho specimen, I think he will automatically assume that he must be the father when she announces her pregnancy, and raise yet more havoc in his marriage, being "torn" between which family he should stay with.
    - Will Jack ever find out that Sharon slept with Billy too?
    - Jealousy is raising its ugly head with the consultant and Jack's involvement with Sharon, and even, for that matter, his friendship with Phyllis.  I think she's capable of some vicious serious harm.  And, who is she really?
    - Do you think Victor's son has gotten some of his vision back?  He seems very reluctant for this new doctor to examine him?  Is he responsible for the dress and baby crying?  We all know he wants to cause Victor PAIN in any form possible.

Gotta love this show and hand it to the writers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi tt -

Yesterday's episode was interesting. I think you are correct about Adam.  If Mrs. C is back and her will revoked, why is Jill living in her house again?  OK, I'm going out on a limb here - a long limb at that. The consultant (Mary Jane?) has been vaguely recognized by somebody already.  The first thing I thought is maybe she used to be a male character and had a sex change?  Just a hunch! After all, anything is possible on these shows.

I found Masterpice's Little Dorrit hard to follow, especially the last episode.  I started watching Curiosity Shop but that seems a bit bleak to me and picked up a book instead.   

mothermitzi 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Ok...MM...Don't look...Spoiler alert...I have only followed this show or a year or two...I need a substitute for the Guiding light.

That woman with Jack...she was once married to the guy now dating Nikki right?    hmmm....soaps I know...This one is screaming in my gut

Yes It is Adam but why does he have to take down the girl DA?

Sharon...grrrrrrr.She isn't even nice to her Mother! ggrrrrrrrr
    lol I am having way too much fun

I love Amber...and so does Mrs C
    Jill....Shes a pill