Your Hearing!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Your Hearing!

Hello my friends,
    This may not be a delicate subject to some. However, I just came back from my yearly physical. One of my problems were, that I thought I had totally lost my hearing in my left ear. Doc said, 'Yeah! There is a bit of wax build up!' So they started to rinse it out. Not much luck. Then they started some more rinse and digging out the stuff.
    Well, it was amazing. I just can't believe how much wax had collected. Even my doc had never seen that much. It was one solid cake. No wonder I couldn' t hear. I am at home now, and I hear things, I haven't heard in a long, long time. Like my refrigerator running, my A/C fan, my own foot steps. And now this key board.
    Why am I writing about such a 'discusting' subject? B/C I love you guys, and if you have trouble hearing - the first step may be to clean out your ear canals.
    Best to you all - Pingo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Your Hearing!

Great post, Pingo!  SO happy for you that you saw the doc and it was such an easy fix.  My mother has suffered from the same thing over the years.  So thoughtful of you to post.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: Your Hearing!

Hello Kar,
    Please do your mother a favor and take her to her doc and ask him/her to check her ears. A bit of wax may just not be a 'bit'.
    However, I need to tell you - even though the procedure did not hurt - it made me very dizzy. In fact, I threw up at the doc's office. "Not to worry, most everyone does that", he said. Just wish, I had been prepared. Apparently your equilibrium changes.
    I wish an ear cleaning would be a standard procedure for people loosing their hearing.
    - Pingo

Sections
Shortcuts