25 Most Stylish Bostonians of 2009

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhler. Show mhler's posts

Re: 25 Most Stylish Bostonians of 2009

As to the people who posted "they wouldn't last a minute in New York" or some other statement about comparing Boston to NYC - give it a break. I am certain that individuals chosen as the "most fashionable" in NYC - and who agreed to be in a similar article in a New York paper - would be equally if not more tedious.  I hope we all agree that anyone who is defined by the clothes that he wears -and takes it that seriously - is boring, whether he or she lives in Boston, New York, Paris, or Quincy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrimFundango-2. Show GrimFundango-2's posts

One, just one good choice, Marie Galvin, the only one with style who doesn’t have a billion dollars and actually designs stuff.

Apparently the only parameters for being a “stylish” man is either wearing a suit with a vest or wearing a sport coat with jeans.  WOW, so cutting edge….Yawn

And what’s with all the “Fashion bloggers”?  Anyone can create a blog, not like they’re fashion editors.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrimFundango-2. Show GrimFundango-2's posts

Your first line is right on.  I was thinking the same thing.  (btw, Marie Galvin does usually dress like that)

In Response to Re: 25 Most Stylish Bostonians of 2009:
    [QUOTE]It would be more believeable if the candidates weren't posing in each photo but taken candidly on the street to shows how they dress in their day to day. Then and only then should they be considered stylish. Anyone can clean up pretty. I prefer the tasteful, classic looks so the real estate delveopler seemed the most stylish to me. She had a modern 'old Hollywood' style to her; always a good look.
    Posted by PruTower[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ugh!. Show ugh!'s posts

john henry's an idiot

linda pizzuto = overexposed

she needs to get over herself, what has she ever done besides marry john henry?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuna-Muffin. Show Tuna-Muffin's posts

oh, i didn't realize being fashionable meant having lots and lots of money to go in to any expensive designer store and pick whatever is on the manequin..

i wish i had money to frivilously spend on clothes i don't need in order to make this list.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ugh!. Show ugh!'s posts

how about ONE regular joe to add a SHRED of credibility

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clown. Show Clown's posts

Way to go John Henry.  How much does a wife like that cost?  I am going to start saving now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aflinders. Show aflinders's posts

This is really a sad statement on the Globe for chosing these people as the most "stylish."  But it's also a sad statement on Boston.  You can go to Jamaica Plain or Mass Art and find much cooler, less expensively dressed people which tons more creativity.

If you look at the vast majority of those chosen for as the "most stylish," you'll note that they wear very expensive, and not necessarily original or creative, clothing. Boston still has this very staid and stiff idea of fashion, and it's very tied to projecting wealth.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from still-life-with-woodpecker. Show still-life-with-woodpecker's posts

this isn't about fashion, it's about money.  i usually don't like to make negative comments about stories that don't interest me, but i have to say that these types of articles are aggrevating and useless.
    who cares?! these people are privleleged, self-absorbed, nothings.  if you want to see REAL fashion go to somerville or cambridge or the campus of any art school and look at the people who can put things together who have no money, not the ones who wear armani and dolce.
    gross!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrimFundango-2. Show GrimFundango-2's posts

Laughing

In Response to Re: 25 Most Stylish Bostonians of 2009:
    [QUOTE]If these are the 25 Most Stylish I'd like to see the 25 Least Stylish. These folks look like everybody else around town. And is that first guy for real? It's no wonder that he owns shirts - his head is so swollen with ego a pullover would never fit.
    Posted by CurrierJK[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cp77. Show cp77's posts

Here's my favorite Boston "style".

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_oG2ffHT1kXk/SZA7X2fWvWI/AAAAAAAAEjA/vD1UqoN6Iz8/s400/bu.fans.jpg

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MNCC. Show MNCC's posts

were they all told to wear black or are people still that unimaginative?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from workingman1. Show workingman1's posts

Just look at my picture...MUCH more stylish than this parade of LOSERS

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bupkisboy. Show bupkisboy's posts

Poseurs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigduke. Show bigduke's posts

Stylish?    Huh?   Must be a joke.   It's stupid.   Just plain stupid.    Who cares on iota about this nonsense.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beth26. Show Beth26's posts

Re: John Henry's wife. If I was married to a man 25+ years my senior I would be really interested in clothes too. Nothing else.  Eww.

Furthermore, doesn't Jonathan Soroff do this for the Improper already? And even that is ridiculous and unimportant. "Hi! I'm 23 and a trust fund kid! I dress pretty!"  How about something more interesting like, 40 under 40 SUCCESSFUL and INTERESTING PEOPLE? Instead we have nothing better to do than to oogle at egos who most likely met this writer for this story at some bar or charity event.  Or better yet, let's write about real news.  How about some coverage on the EU Presidental Election??? Anyone?  This is why my primary source of news is now the Financial Times. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from healthyoutrage. Show healthyoutrage's posts

Gee...another waste of space about "the beautiful people" in town. Does anyone care about this stuff being perpetrated on us readers as "news"?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattdiesel. Show mattdiesel's posts

A failed attempt at relevance...by both the reporter - and the subjects.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rob603. Show rob603's posts

PLEASE TURN OFF THE ROTATING PICTURES ON THE HOME PAGE!!!  MUST ERASE IMAGES FROM MY BRAIN!!  THIS SITE IS BECOMING AN US MAG WANNABE.......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MLNe. Show MLNe's posts

Boston Globe

One more shovel of dirt for your grave and we can't wait!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aguerci. Show aguerci's posts

The Globe must be desperate for news to print.  Either that or the paper lives in the pants of the Improper Bostonian.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cocoanut. Show cocoanut's posts

Oh my gosh, this list and these photographs are so sad.  Hey Globe, here are some words of wisdom for you, as spoken by Mr. Wizard to Tooter Turtle everytime he'd try to be something he wasn't:

"Be just vhat you is, not vhat you is not. Folks vhat do zis are ze happiest lot."

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky. Show sparky's posts

It's easy to be stylish when your husband is one of the richest men in the state, Linda Pizzuti Henry.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beth26. Show Beth26's posts

My thoughts exactly Sparky...