25 Most Stylish Bostonians of 2009

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovenyc. Show lovenyc's posts

Re: 25 Most Stylish Bostonians of 2009

Seriously?! Check out The Sartorialist for serious style.

Why does Boston try to claim to be so stylish? Especially when people here wear those hideous and unstylish, Uggs, Vera Bradley, North Face, LL Bean, Khaki's, etc.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adg732001. Show adg732001's posts

Sorry. Thought I was reading Boston.com, not the Improper Bostonian. This is just ridiculous. Who cares? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nixxer. Show nixxer's posts

Who would let themselves be in a ridiculous article like this?  In someone's eyes they may have "style" but they have no class.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from emilyroxsox. Show emilyroxsox's posts

ahh yes...rewarding vanity and "what's on the outside"; an American tradition. Right smack on the front page of boston.com.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapiOrtiz. Show BigPapiOrtiz's posts

In Response to Re: 25 Most Stylish Bostonians of 2009:
    How about a list of people who actually are helping mankind?  Doing something worthwhile? 
    Posted by Lbreck1114

I couldn't agree more.  Why is the Globe giving all this attention to these self-obsessed attention whores?  They've done nothing for society other than parade around in expensive clothes.  Why not focus on people who actually make a difference in this world? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 26point2. Show 26point2's posts

please explain to me what defines "stylish" because by the looks of these people it's clear to me that they don't fit the definition. the 25 most egotistical is more like it, especially when it comes to Henry's daughter, i mean, wife.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bifbib. Show bifbib's posts

In Response to 25 Most Stylish Bostonians of 2009:
    What do you think of the 25 Most Stylish Bostonians of 2009 ? How do you like their style? Sad you didn't make the cut? Which Bostonians would make your list?
    Posted by BostonDotCom

Another irrelevant listing by a publication seeking to build an audience, though it seems as it has been effective, if the goal was to irritate many by glorifying a few, somehow deemed ‘stylish’. If ‘stylish’ness is exemplified or embodied, in any way, by the gent on the cover of the ‘g’ section (Mr. Ribas), I’ll opt out. Not to pick on the defenseless,  he must be quite intelligent, I think he’s holding a dime near where he sits.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chershe. Show chershe's posts

You have inadvertently omitted the Bakon sisters, who have owned Noveau Fashion Gallery at Copley Place for over fifteen years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorUpside. Show majorUpside's posts

and they ask me why I drink...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billy02118. Show Billy02118's posts

Every year, this piece so so superficial.  It belongs in Boston Magazine, not the Globe.  Ricardo was on Facebook today boast about his appearance on the list.  The poor thing.

[However, all of the putting down of Boston is ridiculous.  I've traveled throughout much of the world, and Boston is a world-class city.  As another poster wrote, this piece and these people would be tedious in any city, including NYC.]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonbuilder. Show bostonbuilder's posts

you call this style?  boring, boring, boring......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sydney02466. Show sydney02466's posts

Have you ever been to Paris, Milan or Montreal?  This is style?  I guess it is a baby step to even think about style?  Oh MY!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hofqb. Show hofqb's posts

High Fashion and Trends have nothing to do with Style! In the words of Quentin Crisp "Fashion is for people who don't know who they are."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonExPat. Show BostonExPat's posts

I may be wrong here, but the black and gold dress the Child Bride is wearing looks an awful like a monstrosity that Beyonce wore from her mother's vanity  "House of Dereon" collection:

http://tinyurl.com/yfbjdoy

By definition, anyone who wears something from House of Dereon (or looks like something from it) is NOT stylish.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from julieswi. Show julieswi's posts

ridiculously LAME!
    i guess in boston this is stylish. nowhere else. very boring...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradford7777. Show Bradford7777's posts

Nice to see the Globe celebrating the gold digger again.  If I marry a billionaire, can I be considered a fashionista too?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OsinskiForever. Show OsinskiForever's posts

WWFT.  What would Frazier think?

Here's a guess:

"I think I'm going to 'fro up." --George  Frazier, various occasions, 1961-1974

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caramel. Show Caramel's posts

WOW!! So much bitterness here and so little time!

*Many* of these stylish people are actively involved in helping other people and their communities. They are out in the world, engaged, interested and contributing. They are not sitting at home on their computers in dirty sweatpants I can tell you that!

I ask all you bitter posters here: What have you done to help others? Huh? Rather than being so bitter and petty, get up, get out and do something productive.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginBackBay. Show GreginBackBay's posts

I dont get all the hate. This is obviously a fluff piece. Just for fun. I agree most of these people dont cut it in my book but there is no reason to be demeaning. The nasty comments are more of a reflection of those who wrote them than in their subjects. Congrats to all those recognized. Get a life to all the haters.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MollySueBos. Show MollySueBos's posts

i agree with greginbackbay, this is a light feature. it is no news. so for readers to insult and undermine those who have been selected is disgusting. if you dont like the way they dress or if you think they have no style thats your opinion but you should turn that opinion into an interesting, constructive and debatable comment, not an annonymous insult. if you think they wont survive in a "real cosmopolitan" city then you should move to one and see how you do. for those making personal comments it is transparent that your motivation to write is not a desire to make a comment but a drive to be mean and insulting. and furthermore, for the globe to allow this hurtful gang-like behavior and nonsense to thrive is irresponsible.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SamFreedom. Show SamFreedom's posts

Stylish?  Are we pandering to the hoity-toity here?  Otherwise, WGF?!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from salen. Show salen's posts

If u dont mind,here u can have a good look,maybe it can give u a fantastic challenge.
      Want to live a life on the cloud,just come here!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from uklfstyle. Show uklfstyle's posts

In Response to Re: 25 Most Stylish Bostonians of 2009:
    May I laugh now?

Posted by jayfin

You may:)) I'm laughing too:P

Sections
Shortcuts