25 Most Stylish Bostonians of 2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wrkoMOONBAT. Show wrkoMOONBAT's posts

Re: 25 Most Stylish Bostonians of 2010

"Freelance commentator", lol.  Who isn't?

I've seen better looking people at the Registry.  The Registry of DEEDS.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mide. Show mide's posts

Can't believe they featured someone wearing fur.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ms-Demeanor. Show Ms-Demeanor's posts

Oh, dear. This article almost made me embarrassed to be a Bostonian. Showing your midriff, wearing tight pants or garments that don't fit properly, or dressing head-to-toe in one designer doesn't make for style. I saw too much tacky vintage fur — and if it was actually new fur, that makes it worse. 

Wearing a custom-made suit doesn't automatically make a man stylish, although some of the men in here do look exceptionally well-groomed and accessorized, which counts for something. But most of the women just looked like they use their credit cards way too much. That's not style, that's conspicuous consumption. 

I find that there are many ordinary, stylish Bostonians — especially young ones, who dress creatively, with wit and charm, and do it on a budget. Why aren't they here? There are plenty of stylish kids at Berklee and the art schools — while many of those kids try too hard, there are some naturals, too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorUpside. Show majorUpside's posts

What's with all the disgusting dead animals draped on this fashion fools?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrchillybeans. Show mrchillybeans's posts

Was there a special prize for whoever posed with the snottiest expression?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from falsies. Show falsies's posts

Re: As a born and bred Bostonian (go Sox!)

In Response to As a born and bred Bostonian (go Sox!):
    who moved to New York a few years ago, I have to say that this list reinforces everything I know about Boston fashion: with a couple of exceptions--BORING! Really Boston?   Step it up!  How is this "taste-making" in any meaningful way, unless the taste you're going for is "bland"?
    Posted by arturodriguez

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from falsies. Show falsies's posts

In Response to Re: 25 Most Stylish Bostonians of 2010:
    Sorry to see such a thin, young demographic among your choices .....
    Posted by moongrl
    Right, because fat and old is so desirable?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from falsies. Show falsies's posts

Seriously? This is the list? Really? Did the journalists do any actual research? Also, posing civilians like models is a recipe for massively awkward photos. Thanks for making Boston look drab, again.
    Posted by ManosM
    Couldn't agree more. Instead of being fresh and lively, this is just lame and pretentious. And, iritating, come to think of it....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SouthShoreBos. Show SouthShoreBos's posts

EMBARRASSING – from blah (Bilmoria) to ridiculous (Vagas) and everything in between!!!! Where did they find these people and, more importantly, who made the selections?

If this is the best you can do, Globe staff, then I suggest either getting outside professional help next year or discontinue the series altogether. Boston has much more style than this and it's not that hard to find!

Also, I would pull this ASAP!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewerrlistener. Show viewerrlistener's posts

just another gimmicky pseudo news story trying to attract "young upscale" readers by treating them to what are comedic photo spreads in which these kids talk about the stresses they deal with leading such cosmopolitan worldly lives. it's not easy being young and pretty. I think I recognize many. They are busboys and waiters. oh I get it...waiting 4 the big break...to be discovered...and thrust into stardom. no wonder globe readership continues to plummet.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agingcynic. Show agingcynic's posts

At least one of the honorees in a previous year had a footrace with a grand jury over lifestyle choices. Ugh.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aprilgl. Show aprilgl's posts

This is soooo sad. Who was the stylists for this shoot. The guys look great but someone clearly doesn't like women form the looks of this shoot. Who on earth did the makeup? I've been in the industry for years and this is embarassing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jacksheepman. Show jacksheepman's posts

Even worrying about or consenting to be on such a list is trying too hard. It's an exercise in silliness.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from baxcat. Show baxcat's posts

Well, the pug looks pretty stylish...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fall07bride. Show fall07bride's posts

poor!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from meowmix514. Show meowmix514's posts

Where are the real people with real style? This is almost too predictable. It is very typical snobby, boring Boston style or the lack of it. Scott Schuman from http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com would never look at these people twice, not even Shaq, regardless of his celeb status. And if you do not know who Scott Schuman is, I made my point about this article being out of touch with REAL style. When it comes down to it, if you are not a local celebrity, have a fancy like VP of company x, doctor, lawyer or rich bimbo, then youll never make the list. Perhaps you should rethink the concept of this article and call it something else. That personal stylist Naomi Mirando, is the worst, dressed like that I wouldnt let her dress me for free! I look forward to the same thing next year, VP of dorkville, hotel manager, boutique owner, tv host, basically another snooze fest.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hofqb. Show hofqb's posts

Absolutely terrible!!! Flavorless color by numbers Boston!! Nobody pushing the envelope!!  The 25 Most Stylish Bostonians according to who! There will always be some people on these lists that shouldn't be on it however, I was not moved by any of them. I know we live in a time when telling truth is called "HATING" so, I guess I'm "HATING." If you want to see style at its best ask around about my man B Styles from Dorchester. That dude is sick with it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnny1963. Show johnny1963's posts

The article is fair

the complainers should get over it!! and take the article for the summary it is supposed to be

what, go into each closet and take 100 photos??

continue on...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from herewegoagain!. Show herewegoagain!'s posts

No matter how you slice it there are only two people on this list who do not have the boston dirty gritty look on their pudins. The camera does not lie. If you are going to be photographed folks, fix your teeth, hair and face. Your face tells the story and is a beacon of your style. The women all have this angry scullery maid look on their faces that says "I buy expensive clothes ,I put them on, I look angry and.. im still mad..no one likes me, I am  fashionista" Umm..no you aren't. Ladies smile:) Part of having style, class and grace is presentation. Watch an episode of Americas Next Top model and next year you could be fierce!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fashionblogger. Show fashionblogger's posts

Anna Katrina Boston fashion blogger of Passport Glamour should have been on this list. Maybe next year?!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from uklfstyle. Show uklfstyle's posts

just because they can wear a clown costume and keep a straight face, does not make them 'Stylish'. two of the people in your layout appear to have stolen my old curtains and made an outfit of them.
    Posted by SpiLLBeeR

agree...:-w

Sections
Shortcuts