Do you shop at Talbots?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sarabelle1985. Show sarabelle1985's posts

Re: Do you shop at Talbots?

I always buy my Mom clothing from Talbot's -- but never for myself!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

In Response to Do you shop at Talbots?:
    Gee -- I hope I'm not as "frumpy" as everyone says! I'm 47, 5'9" and an hourglass-shaped, high-waisted size 10/12. Until about a year ago I used to buy tons of stuff at Talbots, especially their pants, which used to fit me well (wise up, people: low-waisted is NOT flattering if you have hips and are not stick-thin!). I have several special-occasion dresses from them that I always get compliments on (as well as approving stares from men). For those over-35 professionals who think Talbots is "frumpy" -- where the h_ _ _ do YOU shop? Chico's, where everything is glitzy, flashy, loud and overpriced? H & M (poor quality, tiny sizing, no sales staff to help you)? The Gap (also tiny sizing)? All those teen stores that sell belly shirts with "Golddigger" written on them and $200 ripped jeans? Anyway, I think Talbots has fallen on bad times lately but it's unfair to say they've ALWAYS been frumpy and that anyone who shops there is "not interested in sex" just because she doesn't dress like a ho0ker.
    Posted by Jeffsdate

I'm over 35 and Ann Taylor/Ann Taylor Loft works for me. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: Do you shop at Talbots?:
    In Response to Do you shop at Talbots? : I'm over 35 and Ann Taylor/Ann Taylor Loft works for me. 
    Posted by poppy609

Me, too.  Love the Loft.

P.S.  I just went to Wrentham, and for $75 replaced my whole Fall wardrobe of tops at the Loft!  I'm 38 and was shopping with a 38 year old friend who also scooped up some great deals and looked fabulous in everything she bought, too. 

I'm with poppy with the jewelry thing, too.  If I took a piece of jewelry off I'd have one earring or would be going without my wedding set.  Uh, I don't think so!  But, the point of not overdoing it is a good one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevenspinz. Show stevenspinz's posts

Yeah! I can buy my cloths from Talbots. I like to shop at talbot. Here many cloths are available. But they are expensive.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsfan161. Show sportsfan161's posts

Very rarely. But if I need a classic blazer or wardrobe basic I want to last years, the quality is worth it.

BTW, Talbots is rolling out a completely new store design and "younger" merchandise over the next year or so.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from uklfstyle. Show uklfstyle's posts

yes,I do :D