Do you shop at Talbots?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from allison9625. Show allison9625's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

I am surprised no one has mentioned Talbots petite line. I'm 5'4" and in my 30's. I shop there almost exclusively because of their petite clothes. I find their clothes very true to size and I never have to alter anything if I get a petite. Some of the styles are just bizarre but you can get lots of basics and lately some cuter things. I find that the petite clothes at other stores like Ann Taylor or Ann Taylor Loft are just cut way too small. Talbots gives us a little extra room!

Also - a big shout out for the Hingham outlet. That place is genius.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy63. Show lucy63's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

Okay when are we going to realize that we are headed towards a recession, there will be more stores closing. You see the working class we don't buy at these over priced stores, we shop at Marshall, TJ Maxx and the best one for career modern woman H&M. For those that can afford these type of stores, they still have Macy's which has become now a designer haven and soon to be open Nordstrom.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtgjim. Show mtgjim's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

Same story, I shop for my wife for presents, she is 45, Don't like anything there, I go to Ann Taylor and Chico's

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nancysparkle. Show nancysparkle's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

Talbot's is not a bad store, they are just a bit too conservative for me. They are more for the country-club, madras shorts and polo top set. (I believe they were originally a Hingham/Duxbury shop.)

I will say their brand of jeans fits beautifully.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aps7. Show aps7's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

I have shopped at Talbots for years. They always had work appropriate clothes for me, and BY FAR the largest petite selection. Also, the clothes always fit. I do agree that the men's clothes and children's were too expensive.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from landlocked. Show landlocked's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

To the people complaining about the quality of the clothes. Did you know that Talbots has a return policy where you can return items at anytime as long as you have the tag and receipt. They will also provide you with missing buttons years later.

When I worked there, I remember the Director of their customer service department telling me about a guy whose wife had passed away. The husband went through all of her clothes and returned all of her Talbot's clothes (some of the clothes were 20+ years old). The guy must have been extremely frugal and organized, because he had all of the receipts. Talbots took back all of the clothes and refunded all of his money. How many retailers off that type of service???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coati. Show coati's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

Talbots clothes always seem old. If they cannot attract female consumers, it is no way that they will be successful with their children's and men's clothings. I don't know who designs their products or who promotes their products, but whoever they are, they have not been making good decisions for a very long time. I guess, their products are for someone who lives in a middle of nowhere and does not have many places to shop.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tracyk. Show tracyk's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

I am a 37 year old trial attorney. I purchase 75% of my work clothes from Talbots. The clothing is well tailored and well made. It stands up to dry cleaning better than any other label. Last but certainly not least, the business apparel is subtlely stylish. I routinely get compliments on on my clothing from much younger colleagues. I dlo agree with the general sentiment that the casual clothing tends to be a bit stodgy. However, I don't see a problem with that. Not every grown woman wants to continue to dress like a MTV Real World participant.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from catefagan. Show catefagan's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

Talbots is a classic. The clothes are not stuffy at all, they are meant to dress people in a professional and classic manner much like Ralph Lauren. The problem with today's office is most people come to work dressed in suits with cami's underneath it and think that is professional. Forgive me for thinking the cami goes under the shirt and then the suit top. Talbots gives a classic look to all their clothes and you cannot beat their quality.

As for the closing of the children's line, I could not disagree with them more and hope someone buys the line. It is the ONLY store remaining where a child is dressed like a child and not a pop star or a teenager. I loved buying stuff from the store for my child because I knew the styles and quality were exceptional and it was a classic look for a child instead of a BabyPhat velour jogging suit for a 3 year old.

So when you ask who still shops at Talbots, well I do :-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from beautmind64. Show beautmind64's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

My former boss, an Agent with Northwestern Financial, gave me a lovely outfit from Talbots for Christmas.

Their clothes are classic, I love them!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodturner. Show woodturner's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

As for Talbot's, when you buy their clothes, you are paying for a name. I had a freind who worked in the main office and she said the clothes are made in the same factories as department stores but with the "Talbot's" label stitched in. The same shirt you can buy in Target, is made in the same factory for Talbot's. It is the same thing with L.L. Bean and other big name stores. Many out there buy it for the name. That is a waste of money and I think people are slowly waking up to that fact because incomes are slowly declining and everyday expenses are are rising faster. It is getting harder to "Keep up with the Jones" now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beckjag. Show beckjag's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

I don't know about this. I know that I have clothes from Bean that have lasted five years or more, and stuff from Target that lasts maybe a year, sometimes two. They may be mad in the same factory, but there is definitely a difference in quality.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

Never shoped at a Talbot store, but I get their catalog. Frumpy, frumpy, frumpy. I will not miss them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

i think what talbot's needs is to update their clothing styling and selection. its too preppy/yuppy for my liking..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from buppity. Show buppity's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

Some of their women's clothes (in seperates - not what they match for you) are pretty decent.� Overall too $$$$$$ for both the women's and children's clothes.� Even when they are on sale/ clearance - it's still an arm and leg.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from healereducator. Show healereducator's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

On Shopping at Talbots:�� If you are a 50 something, working woman or a Stepford mom than Talbots is your go to place.� Failing that, you would just be considered uncreative.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomfjh. Show tomfjh's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

Talbots is the only store I can buy pants. I wear a petite 2. Talbots has not gone to vanity sizing, which I appreciate.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from escapeartist. Show escapeartist's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

When is the outlet coming to Woburn?� that would be far more accessible than Hingham!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from umass68. Show umass68's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

The sign of a good shop is that you can always return, exchange or receive your money back NOT just a credit on a card.
    There is always help - not just a dressing room.
    There is always someone to help you to find something else or in a different size - Not get dressed and find it yourself!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Preppy. Show Preppy's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

Unlike everybody else I happen to like Talbots (for the record I'm a 45 year old man).  Yes they WERE high priced but their shirts lasted longer than most other shirts I had and they always looked good on me.  I seem to be in the minority here but I'm sorry they're closing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42Giants. Show 42Giants's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

As a middle aged women who likes a classic style, Talbot's works for me.  I do not like a lot of the new fashions in the malls.  I am slim and do not feel comfortable in low rise jeans as I feel like they will fall down at any given point in time. 
    It is what you feel you look your best in and more importantly, what you feel comfortable in.
    There is an outlet in Orange CT that has a good selection of childrens clothes.  I typically shop at the end of the season and get items on clearence to cut the cost down.  As my children go further into their teens, I get a lot less there for them now, but when they were younger, it was perfect.  They are getting into trendy clothes and would like anything mom doesn't wear!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookandread. Show cookandread's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

Yes--I'm a 2 petite and their clothes fit me beautifully. It's the only place I can walk in to and know I'll find something that fits and looks good.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cubithill. Show cubithill's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

Won't miss JJill. Never saw a Kids or Mens Talbot's store. But I liked Talbots for supplimenting my wardrobe with a few classics. Sorry to hear they're closing some shops.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tiger-Lily. Show Tiger-Lily's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

I LOVE Talbots. I am petite and often find it difficult to find petite clothes that I both like and fit well. I like the Talbots Hingham outlet. I like wearing nice clothes and frequently get many compliments on the Talbots clothes that I wear. I certainly would not wear frumpy clothes and feel the key to looking great is picking out clothes that look great on YOU. Talbots gives me the opportunity to do that. I like my jeans but feel like a million in Talbots clothes. While watching the AM news on 7, I thought I spotted a few items of clothes on the  news/ weather girls that I own myself fron Talbots. I couldn't name anyone who would call Dylan Dryer frumpy. I don't think so! Go Talbots!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tiger-Lily. Show Tiger-Lily's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

I LOVE Talbots. I am petite and often find it difficult to find petite clothes that I both like and fit well. I like the Talbots Hingham outlet. I like wearing nice clothes and frequently get many compliments on the Talbots clothes that I wear. I certainly would not wear frumpy clothes and feel the key to looking great is picking out clothes that look great on YOU. Talbots gives me the opportunity to do that. I like my jeans but feel like a million in Talbots clothes. While watching the AM news on 7, I thought I spotted a few items of clothes on the  news/ weather girls that I own myself fron Talbots. I couldn't name anyone who would call Dylan Dryer frumpy. I don't think so! Go Talbots!