Do you shop at Talbots?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moongrl. Show moongrl's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

Overpriced and BORING! ( I'm 55 years old and would not even consider dressing in those clothes .... )

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnudo. Show carnudo's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

I shop at talbots for my kids, and I love their staff, overpriced so I always go to the sale rack.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from abet6d. Show abet6d's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

That's great to shop at Talbot. I always enjoy to come into this place. And wardrobe is exactly for my age!!! But for my daughter I found great gift for 32-th birthday: very nice blouse! I LOVE TALBOT!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from abet6d. Show abet6d's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

That's great to shop at Talbot. I always enjoy to come into this place. And wardrobe is exactly for my age!!! But for my daughter I found great gift for 32-th birthday: very nice blouse! I LOVE TALBOT!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from befreiung. Show befreiung's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

I love Talbots for conservative work clothes. I've been shopping there for a long time and came to do so because I couldn't wear the "fashionable" clothes to work at my age (50's). They last long and are of good quality.
     I have bought a couple of dresses that are lovely including a long, dark silk dress that is absolutely beautiful, shapely and not frumpy at all!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from annle. Show annle's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

I buy all of my business clothes at Talbots. Where else can you get great suits, jackets, skirts that are well made, fit perfectly and make you feel great and look professional at a reasonable price.
    Their tops, tshirts, sweaters, jeans, and sweat suits are also terrific and outlast every other brand I have tried.
    Keep up with the womens wardrobe Talbots. We need you

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from deannajoyce. Show deannajoyce's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

The slacks for petites are great, just the right length and style.  However, the dresses and tops are geared toward older individuals as well as most of their sporty clothing.   Updating the lines would be beneficial for the 40+ age group.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nancy1383a. Show nancy1383a's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

Although Talbots clothes are not exciting, I apprecaite very much the terrific sales associates who really help.  Sometimes I don't know exactly what I want and they work hard to find what I want.  Talbots is head and shoulders above other stores in a shopping experience.  I thank them. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mberbeco. Show mberbeco's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

I received a Talbots sweater as a gift when I was in college from my grandmother.  It was a knit sweater in bright primary colors with a giant rooster on it.  I brought it back and traded it in for some blue velvet pants.  I will never forget the rooster -- the pants were a nice exchange but really I remember the rooster more.....leading me to never want to shop at Talbots.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkshoes. Show pinkshoes's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

I don't know about the Talbots stores but their outlet in Hingham is one fo my favorite shopping haunts. A great place to pick up staples like wrap dresses, skirts, fabulous shoes and jewlery on the cheap that is still ecellent quality. I dream about their shoe sample sales!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvmidan. Show luvmidan's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

I love Talbots clothes espcially for work. They're not slutty if that's what you mean for just old ladies. They definitely are too expensive but when there's a sale its usually 50% off.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamrocker. Show jamrocker's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

Close Talbots? Were would one go to purchase their mom jeans, pleated front casual khakis, and carefree weekend separates?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from elshml. Show elshml's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

I love Talbots and get a lot of compliments about the clothes I buy there. Yes, they do have frumpy clothes, but they are one of the few stores where you can buy professional clothes you can wear to work, i.e. suits and blazers. Most of the stores today focus on 20 and 30-year olds, and ignore the women in their 40 and 50s. I hear this from all my friends. I do not know what I would do without talbots. However, having said that, I do believe their quality is slipping. I have pairs of pants that I have worn for years, but recently, it is difficult to hold to anything from year to year. And yes, they could use a little updating.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 7continents. Show 7continents's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

I get compliments on my Talbots clothes all the time. Yes, they do have lots of twin sets but my 100% cotton. lined henna print pants have had people stopping me in the streets to ask me where I bought them. They should talk to me---more natural fibers. More modern cuts of pants (and LONGER!) Try the Talbots Collection. Better quality and when Talbots has a sale, it's great value. It's all what you buy. Two women can shop there--one will look frumpy & one will look great!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aggeloudi. Show aggeloudi's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

I'd shop at Talbots if they sold Chanel . . . hahaha in other words no. Low quality and High Prices with no style just isn't my cup of tea.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bevy135. Show bevy135's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

I shop at Talbot's Petites, because that is the ONLY place I can find anything to fit. A few other stores carry some petite clothes, but only go down to size six, occasionally size four, and those few things are the absolute dregs of what they offer. Now that the clothing industry keeps changing what the sizes mean, (size eight used to be what is now a size four), it gets consistently harder to find ANYTHING at all to fit. My fear is that pretty soon even Talbot's Petites won't carry my size. I mean I'm small, but I don't think I'm that small!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from emccabe. Show emccabe's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

I disagree Talbots is a great to place to get classic peices for your wardrobe, skits, slacks, blouses, that will stay in style -classic kind of stuff

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aggeloudi. Show aggeloudi's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

[Quote]

Speaking of Chanel did you know there was going to be a movie about her life tomorrow night at 8 on lifetime?

[/Quote]

I missed the first half of the show (long story) did anybody else catch it? The second half was awesome. I just wish I knew what I missed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookie-rojas. Show cookie-rojas's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

[Quote]I don't know of anyone, even moms or grans who still shops there. But. Weep not for Tabbies. This is a lesson in what happens when you choose to operate in an air-free bubble today, while the under-90 staff probably smirk at the ranges and stiff ads, but say nothing. Just nod, collect perks, buy shoes, go home, plant zinnias. Of course, saying nothing has a finite use today, as seen in a "until your wheezy company coughs blood and you are laid off" scenario. I assume the staff aren't naive maidens tied to a railroad track. Each T employee has a brain and a voice, the ability to drive a car, vote, select a lunch item. They could have heaved themselves up from their decor magazines, and looked at other clothing firms, online fashion and blogs, data, even actual ambulatory people, in an analytical manner. They could have admitted that "our clothes now look dated, are sized for cubes, and feel icky" and thought a bit, and taken steps. They could even have asked, simply, "If I didn't get a discount, would I buy this stuff?" T exists in a world rich with new ideas for a changing, more vibrant target demographic profile that an eleven-year-old could have pointed out. Did they band together and adapt for the good of the firm, and the delight of the customer? Ah. What? So now it's time to close all stores for, say, three months to get out the scent of porridge, gout and canaries, and send existing stock to the shredders. Time to let alert people who want to make money take over this lazy mess. T made their own nursing home bed, and will leave pump-prints all over their local economies. All for "we've always done it this way; don't rock the boat" bubble-ease? Your table is waiting in the Eddie Bauer-Chico's-Ann Taylor tea car, ladies. Mind the gap.[/Quote]

Wow, you must one of the new management team brought in to "turn the brand around". Your cutting edge sarcasism and over-the-top NYC attitude is truly impressive, not!

Why don't you take a few minutes, get over yourself, and realize that you don't know everything. Mainly because you don't get it! It's all about the whole package dipstick, customer service, quality, fashion sense, and team management. Your attitude will take you right to the umemployment line, grow up and watch your a$$.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from umass68. Show umass68's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

Yes!
    Sometimes they offer classic,conservative clothing line that makes you look and feel slimmer.
    Good quality that doesn't shrink upon washing AND doesn't always require dry cleaning.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from portiaperu. Show portiaperu's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

I have never shopped at Talbots. Never even entered a Talbots store. Never understood what the attraction is to Talbots. Won't miss Talbots.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreolan46. Show dreolan46's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

I moved to Florida from Massachusetts 4 years ago. I mail order from Talbot's now, as the nearest store is 50 miles away, but still shop there when I return to Massachusetts for family visits. I am now retired, and probably considered old, but I have always loved Talbot's. The styles are "classic"--I always know the size will fit, and I have never had a quality issue. I admit I don't buy children's clothes there, unless they are on sale at a real bargain--because they aren't going to last season to season, year to year like my own classic wardrobe!! Wish they had not gotten involved with J Jill, they should stay with what they do well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoutrosBoutrosGhali. Show BoutrosBoutrosGhali's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

I am 26 years old and love shopping at Talbots. Their clothes fit my petite frame, are classic, work appropriate, and well made. And it's nice to look lady like and not like I'm stuck in high school.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shawnmarie. Show shawnmarie's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

Personally I love Talbots -- they have great clothes for the office, but they are overpriced, so I usually shop the sales.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red_mama. Show red_mama's posts

Do you shop at Talbots?

I love Talbots. I've been shopping there since I started in the workforce in my early 20s. They offer a classic, professional style and that's the image I want to present at work. I don't work at 'MODE' nor do I want to be confused for an intern or a member of the clerical staff. Dress for the job you want...

However, I shop there because of their sizing. I love Ann Taylor too, but they don't fit me. I'm a 5'0" size 14 (upside down triangle). In most places petite is either an after thought or the size smaller than a zero. It's frustrating to have go to a store only to have 2 racks and half of the styles in your size.

If I buy a dress in size 14 regular sizes then the 'natural waist' hits somewhere around my hips and the hips bulge out around my thighs. I need a 28" inseam for pants. I can walk into a Talbots petite store and walk out with a garment that fits. Almost anywhere else, I have to alter the garment (take up shoulders/hem pants) and that adds to the total cost of ownership. So no matter how much an item is marked down, if I have to spend the time or $$ to alter it, it is no longer a bargan.

That said, I'm their worst nightmare of a customer. I'm a loyal to their brand, but I never even walk into the store until I see the 50% markdown sign and I usually hold out until the red pen shows the price is slashed twice. Why? Because Talbots sales run like clockwork & after all these years I can time their markdowns. Anyone who buys at full price is foolish. Although my closet is full of Talbots clothes, they are probably not making a profit off of my business. I only wished I lived within a reasonable distance of the outlet.

Finally a note on the customer service, I have almost always had excellent customer service from their employees. No problems with returns - even for online items. Then kindest thing they had ever done was rush a black silk blazer to my house when I was shopping prior to Mom's funeral and they kindly waived the rush shipping fee. I've occaisionally gotten them to waive the shipping fee on other items (especially if it was to replace a return - and these are always sale items) but it was really nice for them to waive the rush as well.

On the other hand, I make it a point to be nice to sales people of all kinds, I realize that dealing with the public is a difficult job and I try to make it easier for them to deal with me. (It's like tipping the guy making your sandwich when you PLACE the order - you know - more flies with honey.)

I hope they always keep their regular/petite/womens stores open. They serve a need - especially the petite - that I have yet to see elsewhere.