Fashion Help!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Fashion Help!

Pencil skirts are the mainstay of my work wardrobe. They look good on many body shapes and are always in style.
    A pair of knee-high boots are a must-have for Boston. They'll keep you warm and look great with a skirt.
    Since tights are back in a big way this winter, stock up!
    Cardigans over a bow-necked blouse is a great look, and unites two other popular trends this season.
    Wide-leg trousers in a menswear knit- pinstrips, tweed, or houndstooth- are also classic, pair them with flats for comfy on-the-go work outfit.
    Get two blazers, one that's from a suit (black, brown gray or navy) and another that has a more unique style- color, texture or pattern.
    Look for great seperates in classic cuts and colors and splurge on those items only. Follow trends in accesories, shoes and handbags only as they tend to be cheaper.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Fashion Help!

a good pair of water-proof boots. Even though they're expensive, I'd recommend Hunter Wellingtons and get the insert sock to wear on the cold days. Your coat should come down to your knees, and other than that- layer, layer, layer! Wear tights under your pants on cold days, and I like a cami under a t-shirt under a sweater for the below freezing days.
    Boston gets more precipitation per year than even Seattle, so make sure your cold-weather wear can stand a soaking. The snow isn't the worst part, it's the icy rain!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dani273. Show Dani273's posts

Re: Fashion Help!

Check out some things from LL Bean catalog too. They have nice winter things.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 101010Perfect. Show 101010Perfect's posts

I got some very fashionable and affordable Down jackets at arctica.com.  The Down jacket keeps me warm in the beantown.  They're running a Free Vest Promotion, just enter EAST as your code when you checkout.  Hope this helps.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tiffany78. Show tiffany78's posts

when you checkout.  Hope this helps.

pandora jewelry online store
    偶看!ok!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

No matter WHAT a catalog description tells you, Thinsulate is NOT nearly as warm as down.  Period.  There are some non-bulky down parkas.  I love, love, love my Eddie Bauer down parka.  It kept me warm, falls mid-thigh (very important to COVER your whole bum), looks sporty, and I assume will last many years.  I was a die hard L.L. Bean parka fan until recently when they changed them for the worse IMO.

Light, insulated, water/salt proof boots that are mid calf height are essential.  Heavy boots are tiring to drag around.  When you try them on, make sure you don't feel like you're trekking around in lead boots, and leave room for wool socks.  Invest.  I've had mine for about 15 years so whatever I paid it was worth it.

I like the Woolrich wool gloves with mitten flaps.  Gloves are not really warm no matter what they are made of.  These are the best of both worlds.  Finger dexterity when you need it, mitten warmth when you don't.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sara999999. Show Sara999999's posts

I think dresses are nice, including at work. I hear that wearing a dress at work is recommended only with an accompanying jacket, even in summer. The necessity of a jacket with a dress is debatable--depending on how revealing the dress is and whether someone in your workplace will think you are an idiot if you have a dressy dress on during the day while working!

It would be interesting to see whether other people think a jacket is a must with a dress at work. For the most part, I don't think women should have to hide their body within a dress and ALSO behind a jacket.

Many people on public transport in Boston during the rush hour commute to work in the morning are in jeans, or dull colored clothes without patterns. I wonder if that is influenced by the local Puritan days of black and white/stern-looking clothes. Pants for women are also extremely popular on the T morning commute.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I wear dresses to work all the time. But it does look more professional to pair them with a cardigan or jacket. You can get away without a cover-up if the dress has sleeves or thick (2 inches or more) straps.
    It's not so much an issue of being revealing, it's more that you want to look put together, and sometimes just a dress can look too casual. Plus, most offices are cold. I'm usually wearing a blazer or cardigan at work because I'd be too cold otherwise.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I agree with Pink, it's a necessity for a sundress because a sundress is essentially as casual as shorts in my mind, and a sweater pulls it up to a more professional level.  And, yeah, it's usually in the 60s in any office I've ever worked, and I'm so cold I can barely think straight...I want to sit on my hands and cry.  There's no way I could stand wearing a summer dress without a cardigan at work.

But, a conservative dress with sleeves that doesn't qualify as a sundress would be OK without a jacket, imo.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pomgreen. Show pomgreen's posts

beware of layering too much.  As some posters have mentioned, it can be cold in a sundress during the summer because the AC is blasting in most offices and conversely they turn the heat up during the winter so you feel like you're in a sauna.  I keep the heavy winterwear for my outerwear when I walk to and from work but try not to dress in layers that can't be removed during the day because you will inevitably be hot if you're in a building that cranks the heat.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from matthewjunkemail. Show matthewjunkemail's posts

I dressed for the cold by moving somewhere warm. In all seriousness, there are many types of fabrics that are light yet warm. Unfortunately most of them have a North Face logo sprawled across the chest. To remain fashionable, I found layering to be the best method. Also, silk underwear is a great place to start -expensive, but wonderful at keeping the chill from creeping in. If all the effort still leaves you depressed and wishing for some sunshine, there are not enough layers in the world to make Boston habitable in the winter. That's just my two cents.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harland123. Show Harland123's posts

Fahion is for everyone. Today fashion is must and everyone are live in fashion.But it is too costly also.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevenspinz. Show stevenspinz's posts

Yeah! Fashion is so costly. But whos care everyone want to look perfect and for it they do any thing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Advertising is not allowed on BDC forums.