Hi-lo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi-lo?

Anyone else find the super long hem of tank tops and skirts in back and short hem in front really, really ugly?  Just about every designer in Hautelook (a Nordstrom company) has this hi-lo thing going on...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from roma-ss. Show roma-ss's posts

Re: Hi-lo?

I don't mind the look so much in a tank top,  but it seems like every dress that I like is cut that way.  I guess it would be ok for the young kids/ younger women,  but I am a bit older and would not fee comfortable in that look.   May just be me though,  because I can think of a few friends my age and a few even older who wear the jagged hemlines/ maxi dresses and always look great!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I think if you're tall and slim it looks great.  Disconcerting to me to see a very pregnant woman with a dress with that cut.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Definitely, the most cutting edge fashions, imo, always seem to be specifically designed for the tall, slim models who wear them in the ads.  Definitely not for 5'3" me.  But, this style I find ugly on even the models.  Like the seamstress made a huge mistake and there was no time to start over and a new "fashion" was born, lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

At first when I saw the pregnant lady who evidently had chosen it as dressy attire to wear to her shower, I thought OMG, look at  how much her belly is pulling dress up in front!  Then when I looked more closely and saw the long tails in back,  I thought, no, it's made that way deliberately.  A fashion for the pregnant lady?  Not so much.

"Each one of us contributes in some unique way to the composition of life." 

~ Mr. Rogers

tt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I do like the skirts and dressed that have this "new" look or the jagged look.  Not crazy about the different length in the back and front.

What I have noticed is the I do tend to like a longer shirt/tank/sweater now then I did years ago.  Not toooooo long that it covers butt or anything but long enough to look good and not ride up in the back when sitting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, I cannot imagine a pregnant lady choosing that sytle!  Yes, one should feel comfortable in her skin pregnant, but, gosh, choose a flattering style, please!

allready, you're in luck - tunic lengths are also very in this year!  I don't mind the "messy" hems, either, just the hi-lo thing.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discretion is the better part of valor.

Sections
Shortcuts