How have your shopping habits changed?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from globejennabelson. Show globejennabelson's posts

How have your shopping habits changed?

I'm a retail reporter with the Boston Globe writing about how shoppers are doing away with old habits of buying designer jeans and expensive handbags on credit. Are you still buying smaller luxury goods and indulgences? Or have you stopped shopping entirely? I'd love to know. Please email me at abelson@globe.com or call me 617-929-3037

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from csoft. Show csoft's posts

Re: How have your shopping habits changed?

A lot (need to add anything to this?). I changed jobs (now I am working for a non profit and I am making less money, but my shopping habits did not changed). The real good thing about this recesion was to force me to change all that (no more 300$ bikinis, oh the shoes)

Oh well

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If you didn't get many responses, I'd suggest you just let people post here instead of asking them to email you.  I don't want you to have my email, and I can't imagine I'm the only one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, I second that! Lots of those Globe "researchers" tell us to e-mail them. No one with some sense will have his or her e-mail address floating out there. As if we don't get enough spam already.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dani273. Show Dani273's posts

Never thought of that....see, I tell you ladies all the time that you give good advice. Stupid me would have emailed them!

Anyway, my shopping habits have definatley changed. I just paid off a ton of credit card debt and now I am buying everything with cash or checks so I don't run up my credit cards again. I am also taking clothes to a consignment shop to sell and that is my wardrobe money. Whatever I make at the CS, that is my budget for new clothes. So far, it's worked out really well, plus, I never buy anything for myself for shoes or clothes unless it's on the clearence rack.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from T-RacyDesign. Show T-RacyDesign's posts

Absolutely- only it's shifted what I spend on.  I was working in a popular downtown architecture firm for a while and lost my job back in July 2009. When I had a job, I was a self confessed shop-a-holic.  The change of funding was a bit of a downer- I love fashion so much and I REFUSE to sacrifice my personal sense of style because of it.  I decided to start creating my own accessories to spruce up what I already owned in my closet.  Interestingly enough, my work received a lot of compliments and I've started my own line of jewelry.  May have found my new career. 

-Tracy
    T*Racy Design
    www.t-racy.com

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redberry. Show redberry's posts

I have began shopping online. The price online is cheaper than in stores since they do not pay for the rental of the "physical" store and I guess they only have like 2 employees. It is easier to maintain plus their price is affordable.
    Last week I shop online for swimsuits.

------------

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thought I'd get a response for posting that no one wants to email the globe; I suppose it's too late, but fwiw at this point, I haven't changed my habits my entire adult life.  I've never carried a credit card balance and spend on things I've saved for and really want whether it be an expensive handbag or whatever.