I would like a local "Nick Arojo-type" hair dresser/stylist.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from friend627. Show friend627's posts

I would like a local "Nick Arojo-type" hair dresser/stylist.

Hi All,
    I am looking for a hair dresser to give me advice and a style in the way that Nick Arojo does on "What not to wear".  I want advice on what would look best with the shape of my face, fine wavy hair and would be age appropriate (mid-40's). 

I would like a stylist to say "This is what we need to do for you to look your best."

I live in Waltham, so any stylist in the metro west area would be fine.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpiorising. Show Scorpiorising's posts

Re: I would like a local "Nick Arojo-type" hair dresser/stylist.

I went to Donika at Acote Salon on Newberry Street and was very happy with my cut. She chose a style that worked well with my hair type, my face and my lifestyle.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Call area salons and ask for someone who has experience w/ fine hair and curly hair.  You need someone w/ experience w/ BOTH types of hair.  I have that kind of hair, as does my current stylist.  People who do not have experience w/ this type of hair SHOULD NOT be touching it. I had the worst haircuts in the past b/c I went to a stylist who didn't think that fine hair or curly hair needed to be treated any differently than regular hair.  They always want to use a razor - don't let them touch your head w/ a razor - it will make your hair split apart at the ends and you will have the most miserable frizzy afro you can imagine.  Or they want to put in a ton of layers.  It doesn't work w/ fine or curly/wavy hair.  You look like you were attacked by a weedwacker if they do this.  And it takes forever to grow out. 

Don't go to a Nick Arojo type hairdresser. He will tell you to cut your hair short, like he does for all women unlucky enough to sit in his chair.  The worst thing you can do is cut your hair short and add a ton of layers.  Your hair should never be shorter than chinlength or the curl goes crazy.  I'd go for a chin length bob w/ a few [every few] longer layers for swing.  You could  even grow the front a little longer.  Sideswept bangs would look great too. Modern, yet age appropriate.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I just moved pretty far from Boston, but I had gone to Pepe Leyva for almost 20 years.  The year I went to college was the first time, and he was at Delaria on Comm Ave.  My mom went to him and asked for the exact same thing that you want - she was THRILLED with what he did for her, and she did look fabulous. 

Since then he's opened his own salon, appropriately named Salon Pepe Leyva further up on Commonwealth Ave. in Boston.

I just did a google search to get you the address, and I found all 5 star ratings. :)

Anyway, here's the CitySearch result for the address and phone.

ETA:  Sorry, I just saw you wanted metrowest, but I have to say I drove from Millbury to go to him for a number of years; it was worth the drive.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

You can go to Ouidad.com and find a salon that specializes in curly or wavy hair cuts.
    The Ouidad technique was created to cut curls or waves at a certain point in their structure to enhance their shape and prevent pyramid-head and frizz.

Sections
Shortcuts