Mother of the bride/groom, formal-wear resale shops?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sylviep. Show sylviep's posts

Mother of the bride/groom, formal-wear resale shops?

I may be going on a luxy cruise. I know that I've seen an ad for a mother of the bride/groom shop in the Globe in the past, but have never needed to shop there and so never took note of it. I'm now faced with the possibility that I will need some formal wear and I want to spend as little as possible, as this will be a once-in-a-lifetime occasion.

Anyone got any suggestions? I prefer "metro west" locations -- prefer to stay within the band created by I95/128 and I495 -- but could go further afield or into town if necessary.

Thx,
    Sylvie

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sylviep. Show sylviep's posts

Re: Mother of the bride/groom, formal-wear resale shops?

Well, I guess this forum is useless...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Mother of the bride/groom, formal-wear resale shops?

Too bad you are so impatient.  Life is short.

But, if you're still checking the thread, I'd go to Newbury Street's consignment shops.  Second Time Around has designer things for very reasonable prices - high end stuff.  There's another one very nearby STA, but I can't recall the name. 

Since you'd rather stay in Metro West, I'd look for consignment shops in wealthier towns like Wellesley and call them for their stock of formal wear - wealthy people consign high end clothes.  I just don't know of any shops in particular. 

Sections
Shortcuts