Which fads do you hate?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCAEStaff. Show BDCAEStaff's posts

Which fads do you hate?

While the jury is still out regarding the future popularity of the OnePiece in the United States, let's take a moment to reflect on other questionable fads that have burrowed their way into popular culture.  Share your thoughts here on the fads you never want to see return -- or the ones you wish would go away.  (Jeggings, anyone?)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

Re: Which fads do you hate?

Flip-flops. OK on women, but on dudes they are so feminizing. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sophie08. Show Sophie08's posts

Big hair. Some people take mousse to the next level. Their hair looks like it will break like icicles. 

Flip Flops. I always want to step on the back of a flip flop to see if the person either falls or keeps going. I know, cruel....

Clogs. Have you ever been stepped on by a clod who has ever worn clogs

Leisure suits..........  enough saidCool

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BenWhite. Show BenWhite's posts

The one-piece sweat suit will be viewed 20 years from now, nay, 10 years from now, with the contempt we reserve for the polyester liesure suit.
    The 1970's Sears catalogs are comedy fodder.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Can we please get the young men to pull up their pants???  So surprised at how long that look has been in.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedFishBlueFish. Show RedFishBlueFish's posts

Leggings/stockings as pants. Especially if you're wearing white lace underwear under very thin black "leggings," leaving nothing to the imagination.

Under a skirt/dress or long shirt? Fine, as long as your bottom is covered.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

You see the leggings/stockings that you are describing on People of Walmart website a lot Sealed

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedFishBlueFish. Show RedFishBlueFish's posts

I wish it were only the people of Walmart. But it seems to be everywhere.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

Off-center or backwards baseball caps. I mean W.T.F. is that all about?

Bling. Nuff said.

ANYTHING with leopard-skin/zebra-skin print. You want to look like a cheap prostitute, why?

White jeans. [Cringe].

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjess. Show jjess's posts

I'm really, really tired of seeing grown men (well, even young boys for that matter) with their hats on backwards and when they wear it to the dinner table/in a restuarant.  Guys 25+ -- turn the hat around and please take it off when dining.  You look like you're going to a Little League game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

The whale tail, particularly on women with large behinds.

Low riding jeans - Crack, it's not just for plumbers anymore.

Tight, tight, tight designer jeans.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from daizy. Show daizy's posts

nn,mn,mn

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrunoWoohoo. Show BrunoWoohoo's posts

- The wearing of pants halfway down the punk's legs
    - Crocs
    - Tramp stamps (and multiple tats that look like sleeves)
    - Every performer who doesn't write their own songs or play an instrument

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AwesomeCatwoman. Show AwesomeCatwoman's posts

Anything that resembles sweats worn when not immediatly going to or from the gym or other athletic persuit is just wrong. This includes anything velour or things that say "Juicy" on the behind, even if they cost hundreds of dollars. I don't care if they're "comfortable"; it's just slovenly. Put on a pair of good-fitting jeans, for crying out loud. It's not that tough to look respectable.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from vi. Show vi's posts

No no no.  It looks sloppy and ignorant.  No wonder the world thinks Americans are fat, sloppy and rude.  the way you dress reflects upon you and a one piece sweatsuit just screams white trash.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoomersRockToo. Show BoomersRockToo's posts

I love those plaid flannel pull on pants for around the house but they sure look like you are wearing your pajamas outside the house!

Flip flops on anyone. Here's to all those falling arches!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Putt. Show Putt's posts

This should be the required clothing for flying.  Security check would be so much quicker and wouldn’t we all be comfortable on the plain in this?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ubet. Show ubet's posts

vi,
    Did you read the part that the one-piece is popular in Europe???  You'll probably get one now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cthulhu-and-Friends. Show Cthulhu-and-Friends's posts

I can't stand the thick plastic glasses. The Elvis Costello/ "sexy librarian" look is a no go in my book. Dear lord make them go away.

Also the whole "bag lady" look that was called boho or whatever. Ladies, if you want your men well kempt, groomed and respectable- please do the same. Grungy clothes, long ratty hair and a carrying a bag, your yourself could fit in- yikes...

And what's with the black?? Are all East Coast women vampires or something? Everything is black- dresses, party/ date shirts, sweaters. The rest of the country believes in color, if I didn't know any better- I'd say I was in Amish Country.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rienne. Show rienne's posts

Women in jeans showing the "camel toe."  Spandex tops. Spandex anything.  Women with that unbrushed, wet hair look.  Lip liner and nothing else.  Women with faux nails that are the length of claws.  Men and women in flip-flops with badly kept feet.  Torn jeans.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonman1. Show bostonman1's posts

Woman who wear sweats in public,  Hairy Vag's, Fat chicks, Muffin Tops, soccer mom haircuts, for that matter soccer moms, chipped nail polish, capri pants on anyone less than 5'11". 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

Circumcision on non-Jewish men. Thats a fad I never understood.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Plasko, does that count as "fashion?"  I think "hat" is a metaphore in that case. ;)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrWyMi. Show BrWyMi's posts

Ugz.  Particularly when paired w black tights.  Gross.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Designer purses
    Tattoos
    Shaved heads
    Bare legs with cocktail dresses
    French manicures
    Anything that results in a muffin top
    Flip flops in the office (yup, you definitely look promotion-ready)
    Dredlocks on white men

Sections
Shortcuts