Who should make the Most Stylish Bostonians list?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCAEStaff. Show BDCAEStaff's posts

Who should make the Most Stylish Bostonians list?

We want to know who you think should make the cut for the Most Stylish Bostonians list this year. Is it a Bostonian from years past who is still going strong or a new face in town that has yet to be discovered? Submit your ideas, photos, and suggestions below!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBruschi54Fan. Show TBruschi54Fan's posts

Re: Who should make the Most Stylish Bostonians list?

Tom Brady!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grappa. Show Grappa's posts

What a waste of time

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coby2001. Show coby2001's posts

ME!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdpinstripes. Show jdpinstripes's posts

El Prez!

VIVA LA STOOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redmond1502. Show redmond1502's posts

That list is wholly unimpressive. Seems like friends of Globe staff.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from paul0. Show paul0's posts

I think five men in jeans made the list?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CL500. Show CL500's posts

I realize these "most stylish" people are not professional models but they nearly all looked rigid, fake, awkward and just plain posed.  Why not just take some candid shots - then they wouldn't look so unnatural and clearly "styled."  And who chose them anyway?  My 94-year-old gram is more stylish than half of them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AndrewDP. Show AndrewDP's posts

Why not Tom Brady? Your selections appear to lovely people, but as noted, the photos are all posed and may well just be known to Globe staffers. Your photograhper was masterful, but your definition of style is not consistent with mine. Where are Sharin and Kristie? They are by far and away the most stylish Bostonians and are accomplished professional women.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Razorback. Show Razorback's posts

Joao Ribas - wait, is this most stylish list or most self absorbed list?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ms-Demeanor. Show Ms-Demeanor's posts

How embarrassing for Boston. Feathers. Pallazzo pants. Ankle boots with bare, untoned white legs. Satin dresses that don't fit. Bad hair. A program officer dressed like Pee Wee Herman. A doctor wearing formal shorts. An architect dressed like a chef. Faded jeans that bag at the knees. Various women wearing what appear to be fancy bridesmaid dresses. If you're a guy, wearing any hat that's not a ball cap automatically elevates you to this list. 

Almost everyone looks self-conscious and awkward as well as badly made-up and/or dressed; the Fug Girls would be going to town. Melinda Sarkis, Deborah Jackson, Leslie Kwan, and a few others stand out as looking stylish, self-possessed and smart, but I groaned my way through most of the rest of those photos. 

Oy, no wonder GQ thinks we're losers! 

I'm not sure we can blame these people, who are probably very stylish and put together in their daily lives. I'm going to give them a break and blame whoever styled them for the shoot, and the photographers. Maybe nobody styled them. For example, I could see the dirty, worn bottom of Malcolm Rogers's shoe (and is he really dressed all in purple or is that my screen?). Showing that is their mistake, not his. Lots of mistakes here. Almost everyone could have looked better.

To answer the question: NOBODY should be on this list until the Globe can do a better job!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mp0wer45. Show mp0wer45's posts

Looking through this list I was reminded of why GQ named Boston it's worst dressed city this year. Where do you find these people?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from execdir. Show execdir's posts

This is the most unintentionally funny article of the year!  Talk about big fish in a small pond. 

I think one could make it on to this list just by NOT wearing stained fleece pullovers and dirty shower flip flops.  Or pleated khakis with a baggy blue work shirt. 

GQ magazine just named Boston as the worst-dressed city in America.  Read it and laugh.

http://www.gq.com/style/fashion/201107/worst-dressed-cities-america#slide=40

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from the1andonly3003. Show the1andonly3003's posts

Me

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrunoWoohoo. Show BrunoWoohoo's posts

Bill Belichik, hands down. NO ONE rocks a monk-ish sleeveless hoodie like Da Coach!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lacus. Show lacus's posts

Boston.com wastes space with these foolish lists, along with the bill brett or whatever his name is party phtos. Can't you find something worth while???

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from charolastra. Show charolastra's posts

In Response to Re: Who should make the Most Stylish Bostonians list?:
    [QUOTE]How embarrassing for Boston. Feathers. Pallazzo pants. Ankle boots with bare, untoned white legs. Satin dresses that don't fit. Bad hair. A program officer dressed like Pee Wee Herman. A doctor wearing formal shorts. An architect dressed like a chef. Faded jeans that bag at the knees. Various women wearing what appear to be fancy bridesmaid dresses. If you're a guy, wearing any hat that's not a ball cap automatically elevates you to this list.  Almost everyone looks self-conscious and awkward as well as badly made-up and/or dressed; the Fug Girls would be going to town. Melinda Sarkis, Deborah Jackson, Leslie Kwan, and a few others stand out as looking stylish, self-possessed and smart, but I groaned my way through most of the rest of those photos.  Oy, no wonder GQ thinks we're losers!  I'm not sure we can blame these people, who are probably very stylish and put together in their daily lives. I'm going to give them a break and blame whoever styled them for the shoot, and the photographers. Maybe nobody styled them. For example, I could see the dirty, worn bottom of Malcolm Rogers's shoe (and is he really dressed all in purple or is that my screen?). Showing that is their mistake, not his. Lots of mistakes here. Almost everyone could have looked better. To answer the question: NOBODY should be on this list until the Globe can do a better job!
    Posted by Ms-Demeanor[/QUOTE]

Ah, Ms. Demeanor, you took the words right out of my mouth...so i'll just add my two cents and say "yeah, what she said!"

If these folks are Boston's most stylish, then we really and truly don't get it. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from marbleheadmarv. Show marbleheadmarv's posts

They're all awful--what a homely bunch! Cynthia Brezeal has HUGE legs and Alan Bilzerian has enormous feet!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PistolPete1. Show PistolPete1's posts

What, did someone forget a deadline and just go grab 25 people and take pictures of them?  I don't see any "style", (jeans?  really?), I DO see a bunch of ordinary (and in some, some pretty wretched) clothes....   and a bunch of them in the fashion 'business'?  Is the Globe that flush that they can now give out free advertising for upscale "Salvation Army fashion" stores?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

I'll tell you one thing - I would not have posed in that red stretchy thing that the Newbury Street shopkeeper, Jeralyn Mason, is wearing in today's photo spread.

Each model comes off as entirely self-absorbed. As for the harpist - could we not have seen her with her harp, and not just har harp container?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

What would have been nice is some sort of explination of how this list was compiled and who voted. Were people nominated by friends, coworkers and family or did you have to have some previous relationship with Boston.com so they knew who you were.

Other advice, either get everyone's ages or leave that off as a stat.

A lot of people certainly looked like they had sense of style, but other I have no idea how they made the list. The "Wondertwins" look terrible in tuxedo jackets and jeans, while Jeralyn Mason of "Rescue" needs to be rescued from that tight dress (part of being stylish should involved dressing appropriately for your body type). Tim Love of Northeastern just looks like a slob with his dress shirt untucked, how is that stylish? Finally, how in the world did the Bruins Marchand make the list when his most famous fashion decision is celebrating shirtless at bar?

If this is the best that Boston has to offer, it is understandable that we were voted the worst dressed city in the United States.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from youreveningpolo. Show youreveningpolo's posts

johnny cupcakes!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arthur24553. Show Arthur24553's posts

Sad...the dumbing down of Boston.com. Did some college intern dream up this total waste of space? Give us some substantive news, for Cripes sake.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fairnsquare. Show fairnsquare's posts

"Cynthia Brezeal has HUGE legs and Alan Bilzerian has enormous feet!"

And a few others also have "elephant" legs. Perhaps the models are actually well "endowed", but the way the photos were shot only "enhanced" them. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kara9466. Show kara9466's posts

Lauren Antos of the clothing line Lily and Migs. I love her line of clothing. She is a great stylist too!

Sections
Shortcuts