Who should make the Most Stylish Bostonians list?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from charolastra. Show charolastra's posts

Re: Who should make the Most Stylish Bostonians list?

In Response to Re: Who should make the Most Stylish Bostonians list?:
    "Cynthia Brezeal has HUGE legs and Alan Bilzerian has enormous feet!" And a few others also have "elephant" legs. Perhaps the models are actually well "endowed", but the way the photos were shot only "enhanced" them. 
    Posted by fairnsquare

Exactly- there were some MASSIVE stove pipe legs in there...and a key part of having a sense of style is knowing how to play up your best attributes, and downplay your not-so-great attributes, and wearing booties w/ giant, thick, shapeless calves is NOT the way to go...by any stretch. Also wearing an ill-fitting, unflattering synthetic red dress, or whatever that thing was was also a really bad choice. When you're a big girl...you just can't wear whatever you want...at least not in a highly-circulated periodical. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from booboobehr. Show booboobehr's posts

How embarrassing for Boston. Feathers. Pallazzo pants. Ankle boots with bare, untoned white legs. Satin dresses that don't fit. Bad hair. A program officer dressed like Pee Wee Herman. A doctor wearing formal shorts. An architect dressed like a chef. Faded jeans that bag at the knees. Various women wearing what appear to be fancy bridesmaid dresses. If you're a guy, wearing any hat that's not a ball cap automatically elevates you to this list.  Almost everyone looks self-conscious and awkward as well as badly made-up and/or dressed; the Fug Girls would be going to town. Melinda Sarkis, Deborah Jackson, Leslie Kwan, and a few others stand out as looking stylish, self-possessed and smart, but I groaned my way through most of the rest of those photos.  Oy, no wonder GQ thinks we're losers!  I'm not sure we can blame these people, who are probably very stylish and put together in their daily lives. I'm going to give them a break and blame whoever styled them for the shoot, and the photographers. Maybe nobody styled them. For example, I could see the dirty, worn bottom of Malcolm Rogers's shoe (and is he really dressed all in purple or is that my screen?). Showing that is their mistake, not his. Lots of mistakes here. Almost everyone could have looked better. To answer the question: NOBODY should be on this list until the Globe can do a better job!
    Posted by Ms-Demeanor

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from booboobehr. Show booboobehr's posts

The 'spare change' guy that hangs out near the State House. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from booboobehr. Show booboobehr's posts

Clearly the Globe is punishing those of us who refuse to pay to read.Yell

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Whoa - Fitzsimmons is totally hot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cringle22. Show cringle22's posts

I thought for sure this would be yet another excuse for the Globe to give a certain more-flamboyant-than-talented female lead performer from a certain been-around-forever-yet-never-broke-big Boston indie band more gratuitously unmerited pub.

I'd like to know the methodology by which this reporter investigated and found The Most Stylish Bostonians. That would be more interesting than this socialite fluff.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jreaches. Show jreaches's posts

Whenever a woman won't give her age, I automatically add ten years to whatever age I thought she was. That lack of confidence is the antithesis of style. 

My mother, now in her late sixties, has always been proud of her age and eager to tell it. She knows she looks great, and it set an example for me that confidence is radiant. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeduke02. Show mikeduke02's posts

My stylist/artist girlfriend, Kacy Karlen, would be a great addition to the list.  She works for Stilista and maintains a style blog dedicated to tall (and all) women!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RomanNoseMA. Show RomanNoseMA's posts

Really?? Is this the best Boston has to offer? Some of the women, while they don't make a mark, are stylish (kudos to the woman who works at the French consulate). The men...remarkably insufficient

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from titzilla. Show titzilla's posts

I don't have much to add to what has already been said. It a tremendously weak list comprised of unremarkable random people.It would be better to call it what it really is "25 people who had nothing better to do".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dojemi. Show dojemi's posts

Girls aren't bad. Guys are almost all terrible, and I hate that people from other cities are going to think that's the best Boston has to offer. And the people who put this list together ignored the fashion revolution that's happening online. Style blogs are a lot more accessible than magazines and some of Boston's best bloggers should have made your list:

On the men's side, Zachary Deluca, who writes for Ivy-Style.com and runs the NewtonStreetVintage etsy shop. Giuseppe from AnAffordableWardrobe.blogspot.com. The dudes at Bobby from Boston. And if you have to pick an athlete, Kevin Garnett gets my vote.

And for the ladies, Christine from N'East Style!!! Naina from Style'N. Amy and Melissa from Swapaholics. Sarah and Jamie from the Double Standard blog. The cute brunette from Buffalo Exchange in Davis Square.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikerph2002. Show mikerph2002's posts

No wonder Boston was ranked the Worst Dressed city by GQ.  A woman wearing a black dress and men in button downs with jeans does not make for Best Dressed Bostonians.  This is an absolute joke.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AOLandscape. Show AOLandscape's posts

Johnny B, the drummer of Bearfight...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aristonice. Show aristonice's posts

Oh, Boston. You can try, but there's only so much you can do. Ours is not a city known for being fashion-forward, or even fashionable, or trendy. And that's okay. Our strengths lie elsewhere.

Two things struck me:

1) Maybe it's just me, but there's got to be some slot entitled "Token Female Professor from MIT's Media Lab." Used to be all the buzz was about Patti Maes...guess Brazeal took her spot. (And what difference does it make that she's not a size 2? Being stylish isn't the same as being rail thin. Confidence and attitude has a lot to do with it.)

2) Not the swiftest move photographing a guy walking on railroad tracks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ogieoglethorpe. Show ogieoglethorpe's posts

How about this guy?

http://www.boston.com/yourlife/fashion/gallery/preppy_is_back?pg=10

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cameleopardilis. Show cameleopardilis's posts

As I worked my way through this list, I truly asked myself: "Is this a joke?" I echo all the shocked comments on stretchy red dresses, huge legs and all the men "stylishly" dressed in jeans and T-shirts!! This is what the Globe thinks is Style?? These folks are undoubtedly friendly, active people, but stylish??? Have you ever been out of Boston????

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IanMB. Show IanMB's posts

Who vetted Marchand for this list?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Brad-Marchand-makes-clearly-irrelevant-list-of-s?urn=nhl-wp12853#remaining-content

Seriously, have you seen what this guy wears? Those ridiculous bright color framed sunglasses, and if I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure I've seen him wearing an Ed Hardy t-shirt before.

I'll take Marchy in Black and Gold, thanks.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Really, who are these people and why should I care what they wear? This is nonsense.
    Posted by some-guy

Agreed.  I didn't even bother checking this dumb topic until I saw you posted.  I had to see why.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Kar - You "know" me - always looking for any opportunity to tell everyone how silly I think something is...
    Posted by some-guy

I do, indeed, and I was hoping for a more humorous handling of it, but it was nice to see you, anyway.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tertuliano. Show tertuliano's posts

Wow! I agree that not everybody there is as stylish as one would have hoped but certainly it's better that what one sees on the streets in Boston. I'm sure that many of the hater posters commenting on this article are cluelessly wearing chinos, New Balance shoes and a North Face fleece as they type their angry comments. Really, looking at these posts I think next year's edition should be changed to "Top 25 most unhappy and angry Bostonians". I suggest the Globe keeps their usernames and post their more hateful comments of the year. The article is about style, not plain beauty standards as the mass likes to digest. Attacking physical "defects"? Classy!! One thing is right about Boston stereotypes; we are indeed more nasty than style-less

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fluevog. Show fluevog's posts

Jessamy Kilcollins, the Manager of John Fluevog shoes on Newbury Street. She is always dressed to kill!

Sections
Shortcuts