Women over 50 and long hair

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Women over 50 and long hair

Couldn't help but notice Hillary Clinton's hair yesterday when she was speaking on tv.

Is this a new thing,  women over 50 letting their hair grow long?   Martha Coakley, Katie Couric etc etc, is this a new trend?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: Women over 50 and long hair

Robin, I noticed it too.
    I don't know, if this is a new trend. However, I don't think it is becoming for ladies up in age.
    Hillery did bring out a statement, "If I want to tie my hair back, I tie my hair back". Of course she has every right to do so. And so does everyone else.
    But I still remember an Ophra show, where they showed pictures from Ophra's past. One was of her with the largest afro, one has ever seen. She said, "OMG, why didn't anyone tell me."
    As usual, there is a time and place for everything. - Pingo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

The hairdressers will tell you that long hair on a woman over a certain age has a tendency to make her look older, unless she has had some rejuvenating procedures done to maintain a youthful looking face.

Although with a good layered cut, some do pull it off, but it's tricky.

Hair extentions are so readily available now, you can't really tell who has a good head of hair anyway, young or old!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Robin,
    You are right. Women do what ever thay have to in order to look young. But why?
    Friends get at me for not coloring my hair. I tell them, "If this is fine for me and my hubby, it should be fine for you too." I don't believe all those chemicals are good for your hair. I am an ashblond, and I have stayed like an ashblond well into my 60th, even thoug it is fading lately. But this is me, so bear it or leave it. If I had started to color it, my naturals would have gone a long time ago.
    DH used to have a beautiful black/blue crop of hair. It is now a lovely silver with black streaks in it. So sexy. Most of his friends have dyed their hair for decades. An ugly matted black, turning purple in the light. His is still so soft, while theirs feel like scrubbing brushes.
    Take what God gave you - Pingo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Nothing wrong with a few highlights or a subtle color job imo.

Not everyone looks good in white/gray or mouse brown hair (male or female)!

Do what's right for you.

BTW: I've never been disappointed with a cut or color I received at any of the Dellaria Salons.