Baked Stuffed Haddock

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnath. Show johnath's posts

Baked Stuffed Haddock

I grew up with a sauted bread crumb, onion and marinara sace. If this appeals to you I can send it to you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Baked Stuffed Haddock

I am not exactly sure, what you mean by "Milk Gravy". Is it a white sauce? Or is it just milk?
    Anyway, fish give out a lot of liquid, so try to make it with lessgravy/sauce. If it is a real gravy (which I somehow think it is) - tryto bake it up thicker. You know, make a roux of butter and flour, thenadd the milk or cream. Don't add all the liquid at one time, justlittle by little - until you have a gravy of a thicker consistense(sp?) . Then pour it over your dish, which I btw want to try. Soundsdelicious.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shiggy. Show shiggy's posts

Baked Stuffed Haddock

In Nova Scotia my mom would fry up a handful of diced salt pork in the bottom of a heavy
    pan and then add sliced onion.�� Put a whole , cleaned haddock� stuffed with the stuffing of
    your choice, (we always use potato stuffing seasoned with summer savory) or use a haddock
    fillet , skin side downa thick layer of stuffing another haddock fillet, skin side up.� Then the layer of onions
    and some pepper on top. cover and bake.� The juice goes to the bottom of the pan.
    One of those wonderful dishes with few ingredients and fabulous taste. You cook till the fish tests done
    by flaking and the onions on the bottom are done in the juice.