Bars, Pubs, and Craft Beers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joey9001. Show Joey9001's posts

Bars, Pubs, and Craft Beers

Hey everyone.  I am moving back to Massachusetts in about 3 months.

Give me some suggestions for good places to go for craft beers! 

First I'll be living in Methuen for a few months, then I am moving to Bedford.  After that I think I will be living closer to, or in, Boston.

So...suggestions for North, North East areas would be awesome.  Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Bars, Pubs, and Craft Beers

Well, Cambridge isn't particularly convenient to Methuen (Framingham is even further, but it has parking), but I like John Harvard's Brew House's beer.  I always get the sampler because I like so many different styles of beer, and they always have a diverse bunch on tap.

I used to live in Methuen...there wasn't much going on up there 10 years ago.  Maybe it's changed, though.  Nearby Lowell was trying to reinvent itself, and maybe it succeeded...try looking there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joey9001. Show Joey9001's posts

Yeah, like I said, I will only be there for a few months, I didn't think there would be much around there.  There is one place my father mentioned to me, I think it was called The Grill Next Door.  He said it is pretty small but they have a selection of 30 beers on tap that they regularly change out.  I think he said it was near the rt 93 rotary in Methuen.  Have you heard of it?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I haven't heard of it, but I've lived very far from there (Metrowest and more recently northwest of Worcester) for so long that it's no surprise I haven't.  It would be odd if I had, actually, no matter how great it is.  Definitely worth a try based on your father's recommendation and proximity to your home, though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnjoyEverySandwich. Show EnjoyEverySandwich's posts

Methuen is fairly close to Haverhill, and Haverhill has a brewpub called The Tap right on the Merrimac River.  They usually have a half dozen beers made right on the premises and the food is good too.

Haverhill also has a place called The Peddler's Daughter, which I haven't been to, but I think it has an extensive beer list.

There are a lot of restaurants on the Loop in Methuen, but none that I can think of that specialize in craft beers.