Bread Bowls

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

Bread Bowls

Hi Everyone,

in a couple of weeks, i'll be attending an "appetizer party" with friends, where everyone contributes an appetizer.

i would like to contribute bread bowls w/some type of dipping sauce. Only thing is, i've never purchased bread bowls. does anyone know where I can purchase bread bowls?

Thanks in advance!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Butterswedding. Show Butterswedding's posts

Bread Bowls

I've gotten them at Stop and Shop bakery area, even Market Basket - the sourdough and dark rye are really good for the thicker dips to be put in bread bowls.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunshinemrs. Show sunshinemrs's posts

Bread Bowls

I make my own bread bowls - any round crispy crust bread will do, just cut the circle and scoop out the bread.
    Sourdough, dark rye - my favorite is marble.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

Bread Bowls

Knorr spinach dip is always a big hit in a bread bowl.

What dips did you have in mind?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Bread Bowls

Laryan,
    I make my own too, but any hard round crusty bread will do. After I scoop the stuff out - I brush the inside with an egg white and bake the bowl at 375 for 5 - 10 minutes. This way the bread will not get soggy from the dip.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Bread Bowls

[Quote]Knorr spinach dip is always a big hit in a bread bowl.

What dips did you have in mind?[/Quote]

So is Knorr leek dip. Wonderful with veggies.

mothermitzi

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Bread Bowls

Hi mothermitzy, I agree with you - that leek dip is awesome. Whenever I use it (or any other dip, that calls for all sour cream) I use half lowfat cream cheese and half sour cream. It makes them a lot more 'dippable' and less runny. It is especially good, if you have to bring them somewhere.

[Quote]

So is Knorr leek dip. Wonderful with veggies.

mothermitzi[/Quote]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Bread Bowls

I make my own too...Laryn...My family likes white bread so I just use pizza dough...don't let it rise

I have a second for the Knorr leek soup mix too...I use it with chicken, broccoli and rice...Swiss cheese on top at the end...Yummy

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Bread Bowls

Hi Icer - nice to see your post. Store bought pizza dough? Great idea - never thought of that. But why don't you let dough rise? Make larger bowls. Just bruch it with egg whites and bake it and you will have a bowl 'as hard as a rock'-(almost). - Pingo

[Quote]I make my own too...Laryn...My family likes white bread so I just use pizza dough...don't let it rise

I have a second for the Knorr leek soup mix too...I use it with chicken, broccoli and rice...Swiss cheese on top at the end...Yummy[/Quote]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Bread Bowls

[Quote]Hi Icer - nice to see your post. Store bought pizza dough? Great idea - never thought of that. But why don't you let dough rise? Make larger bowls. Just bruch it with egg whites and bake it and you will have a bowl 'as hard as a rock'-(almost). - Pingo

[/Quote]

Sorry I didn't see this earlier Pingo....You are probably getting ready for the return to a full house so maybe this info will come in handy.

I use the pizza dough and don't let it rise because when it rises it get air pockets that will diminish the ability to hold whatever you want it to contain

hth