Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Cake tester - toothpick?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: Cake tester - toothpick?

tt, please don't keep teasing us with that lovely cake. I am sure you must still have some left in the freezer. Piece of art, that lemon cake. Yum!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I discovered the other half of the wedding cake we saved in the freezer!  I thought we'd eaten it all on our anniversary...I wonder what's for dinner..........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: Cake tester - toothpick?:
    tt, please don't keep teasing us with that lovely cake. I am sure you must still have some left in the freezer. Piece of art, that lemon cake. Yum!
    Posted by pingo

I ask, because Hats wanted explicit definition of flavoring/type of frosting, said she was going to make one the following week.  And yes, there is still some in the freezer, in fact I had a giant slice just yesterday!  Made a hot orange coffee cake when I got home today, have been craving it for a couple of days now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt,
    Orange Coffee cake? That sounds yummy. Is it an Orange Cake with your cuppa, or is it a cake w/ both coffee and orange flavor? Previous posts talked a lot of putting coffee in everything.
    I have tried to cut down on baking. Even though I freeze most of it "for later", I somehow always find it. If it is not there, I can't eat it. Fortunately I don't have a very big sweet tooth. My passion these days is the plain Greek yoghourt with some fresh cut up fruit.
    Unfortunately, I just found that TJ has some awesome VANANA yoghourt. It is yoghourt with vanilla and banana taste. But instead of coming in the small containers it comes only in a 32 oz size. Dangerous!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Lemon cakes, yes, but discovered that I did not have lemon curd in the closet as I thought.  So just did the usual oj glaze, because that's what the birthday boy likes.

Sections
Shortcuts