Coffee drinkers: Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

Re: Coffee drinkers: Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts?

hot starbucks, iced dunkin donuts

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Depends.  I get my iced french vanilla at DD.  I go to Starbucks for cappuccino's (DD's are horrific, IMO) and fancy drinks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattCarroll. Show MattCarroll's posts

I'm all over Dunkins. Their coffee is the best. (But I do admit to a secret hankering for an occasional Starbucks latte.) 

In Response to Re: Coffee drinkers: Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts?:
    Depends.  I get my iced french vanilla at DD.  I go to Starbucks for cappuccino's (DD's are horrific, IMO) and fancy drinks.
    Posted by poppy609

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Definite Dunkin girl here.  Starbucks is too strong for me, and I tend to buy overly priced, unhealthy drinks instead of the coffee I planned on when I go there.  Their sweet treats are heavenly, too, and it's easier to avoid the place than to resist them.  DD goodies are yummy, too, but not quite as tempting.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve82953. Show steve82953's posts

Dunkins ... 100 percent of the time. I won't even go into Starbucks unless I have no choice.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dreamstalker. Show Dreamstalker's posts

I go to Starbucks for fancy drinks, but generally prefer Dunkin for plain coffee.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aquanet. Show aquanet's posts

I love DD, howeer since they were bought out I'm finding more and more inconsistancies bewtween one store and another.

Also, and this is a HUGE pet peeve, especially in the drive thru, WHY CAN"T THEY STIR or SHAKE THE COFFEE TO MIX IT BEFORE THEY HAND IT TO YOU?! THEY USE TO?  They now have the thinnest ice coffee cups on the planet and when you try to shake it in the car it goes everywhere! That little wrist twist they to to attempt to mix it doesn't work and all get I get is a moutful of Equal when I take my first sip. Not a very good first impression or start of my day.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcpu40. Show mcpu40's posts

there's no quality control or consistency in either chain -

usually the starbucks workers speak english, which helps...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldenlou. Show waldenlou's posts

I go to Starbucks for my solo grande mocha, for people who like it less strong, a solo is one shot of espresso because I don't like it that strong either. But I do like Dunkin's for the donuts and breakfast sandwich stuff, mmm, maybe I'll have to go get one of those today! After I get my latte first! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheaper. Show cheaper's posts

DD Turbo hot is great, but I like the extra bold options at Starbucks...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmi210. Show dmi210's posts

Starbucks, without a doubt.  Dunkin's is too weak.  As regards the pretensions, I think Starbucks sometimes does that intentionally to create an image for itself.  I don't care about that, I just like strong coffee.  And I don't like all these crazy cappucini with crazy ingredients or the caffelatte with all the sweet syrups.  You'd never find that in Italy.  I know we live in the US, but I'm a coffee purist.  I like a traditional espresso, cappuccino or caffelatte, and the strong American coffees. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from violanorkus. Show violanorkus's posts

Actually don't go to either one...my choice of coffee is McDonalds.  DD's coffee taste like "dishwater", it's very bland, as if they're cutting down on coffee and adding more water to save money.  Starbucks is way too strong for me...keeps me up for days.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DisillusionEd. Show DisillusionEd's posts

NEITHER.

McDonald's coffee and iced coffee is better tasting and cheaper.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EmmyBee. Show EmmyBee's posts

Neither - brew my own at home (Green Mountain Nantucket Blend) or get McDonald's iced when I'm out and about.  Cheaper and better tasting. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rickd10. Show Rickd10's posts

I guess I'm old fashion. I brew coffee in the morning and throw it in a thermos and take it to work. These places are expensive. I have friends and family who hit DD several times a day. It seems they are never without a cup in there hands.
    Lets say $10 a day thats 70 a week $280 a month? Yet some of them are behind on bills and their kids are on the free lunch program? I don't get it?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RHoule. Show RHoule's posts

I don't even drink coffee so I don't go to either place.  So completely unbiased by a taste preference I can say that SB customers as a whole seem to be stuck up snots that think they are better than everyone else, while DD customers seem to be more working class and real.  It is clear which you will find at Al's Steakhouse and which you will find at Bistro de Pierre.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoodCoffee. Show GoodCoffee's posts

In Response to Coffee drinkers: Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts?:
    When it comes to getting a cup of coffee, do you prefer Starbucks or Dunkin'? What makes getting coffee at one better than the other?  
    Posted by BostonDotCom

If you want watery coffee, coffee that isn't made to your specifications (I like it very dark, and it always comes back light), and often service with a slight language barrier - go to Dunkin Donuts.
    If you want a consistent, good cup of coffee, that you can add the appropriate amount of 1/2 and 1/2, etc. - go to Starbucks. The staff will also get to know you and what you like. This is a no-contest.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redhairmomma. Show redhairmomma's posts

Dunkin Donuts no ifs ands or buts

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4theLAW. Show 4theLAW's posts

Better staff and service at Starbucks! 

Donuts and regular coffee at DD and Starbucks for lattes and fancy drinks.

Either way there are way too many of them, DD is on almost every corner!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrWyMi. Show BrWyMi's posts

Starbucks.  It's better coffee (try D&D w out the sugar and cream, yuck) and it's cheaper!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ihatebostoncom999999999. Show ihatebostoncom999999999's posts

DD all the way, except for the Frappachino at SB.  But you can always slip it into a DD foam cup to keep your loyalty showing ;-)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from justcat. Show justcat's posts

Starbucks (or independent shops when I can find them).  I especially like the individually brewed Starbucks - the Clovers.  If I can find a Starbucks with the Clover, I'm in java heaven!  I used to like DDs, but now not so much; takes like dishwater compared to Starbucks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnjabor. Show johnjabor's posts

DD coffee is garbage.  It's weak as hell and tastes burned.  Most of the people who frequent DD don't notice it because they pollute their joe with milk and a pound of sugar.  If you drink coffee black, which is how it's supposed to be drank, Starbucks is the hands down winner over DD. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I use beans from Starbucks to brew my own but I will occassionally go to either place for a cup, whichever is more convenient.

Sometimes a cup of coffee is just a cup a coffee.  No reason to make value judgements on the people who go there.

I particularly like the comments on the patrons of the 2 franchises from someone to goes to neither.

Sections
Shortcuts